August 2012 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my NEW Aristocrat DeLuxe arrived today. So despite posting about it in the July thread I'm going to gratuitously post the same pictures AGAIN. It is just SOOOOOOOO beautiful.

Enjoy one of the most beautiful razors Gillette ever made in my view.

BTW - I have the BEST wife in the world. After we were talking about this I confessed the price of the bottom dial. While shocked she did understand that it was a good deal when I showed her the one that sold for $1125 recently.

Mind you, don't think I will be able to criticise shoe purchases for a while.....

Last edited:
It's got weird scratches all over it. I hope you got a discount for that.

Well my NEW President arrived today. So despite posting about it in the July thread I'm going to gratuitously post the same pictures AGAIN. It is just SOOOOOOOO beautiful.

:eek:mg:

That thing is just INSANE.

Mind you, don't think I will be able to criticise shoe purchases for a while.....

Take her out to one of those fancy 'boutiques'.....and buy her a dress of the same amount. Then criticise the shoes all you want! :laugh:

It's got weird scratches all over it. I hope you got a discount for that.

Yeah, send your razors to me, my kids will scratch em up for free.

That is gratuitously gratuitous posting.

I would be highly suspicious of your wife. She seems pathologically accommodating of your sickness. She must be hoarding stuff somewhere...

Yeah, a real beauty.

The razor is not bad either.

Looks even better cleaned up a little - the razor that is :D

I have to say that it is already one of my favourites.

I am wondering what my wife might be hoarding though now....

Nah, she is just wonderful ;)

Will you use it, or will it be a display cupboard queen?

I don't blame you either way, just wondering if you are tempted to try the nice ones out at least once.

/Edit I don't think I could. I would be scared of dropping it, and damaging it.

Will you use it, or will it be a display cupboard queen?

I don't blame you either way, just wondering if you are tempted to try the nice ones out at least once.

/Edit I don't think I could. I would be scared of dropping it, and damaging it.

Yes, it will get a run. Probably rarely but at least once.

These were made to use. Unless it is NOS I use them.

When you do use it, could you take a pic with a blade installed please?

Sure, not quite understanding why but I will do it :)

BTW. I was wrong - it is not a NEW Improved DeLuxe according to this catalogue advertisement for it.

Hmmm, using CPI indexation $US75 in 1930 = $US1,031.25 now. Even considering I only got the razor it was a good deal :)

Last edited:
Received my Feather Artist Club SS Japanese Razor, Black handle, this week. Box of proguard and a box of professional blades. Used it this evening with a professional blade. Very nice shave. Glade I purchased it.

To Mark 1966. Fantastic razor. It truly is a work of art. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
... To Mark 1966. Fantastic razor. It truly is a work of art. Enjoy!

Thanks mate.

The Feather Artist Club have a real following - trust it works well for you

You done good. An aristo jr. Very nice razor. I'm lucky enough to have one. My is a very solid and good shaver. Enjoy!

Thanks! Yes, I was fairly sure it was a Junior. I've seen them sell overseas for Around $200, so pretty happy with the price.

Someone on here can likely tell me- what plating do these have?

Thanks! Yes, I was fairly sure it was a Junior. I've seen them sell overseas for Around $200, so pretty happy with the price.

Someone on here can likely tell me- what plating do these have?

LOL - I was wondering when somebody was going to snap that up. It originally listed much higher and I contacted the seller and pointed out that:

1. It was an Aristocrat Junior not an Aristocrat; and
  2. His price was too high and $45 - $55 was a more realistic price.

Seems he listen eventually on at least one count.

This is still a pretty reasonable price for a great shaver. The British Aristocrats go for $200 +/- these normally sell for $45 - $85 uncased with higher prices in the US as they are less common there.

With a similar head design to the #16 but a slimmer handle they are still one of the top 10 razors IMHO. Nickel plated (not rhodium) but still polishing up well in most cases.

Enjoy a great score!

LOL - I was wondering when somebody was going to snap that up. It originally listed much higher and I contacted the seller and pointed out that:

1. It was an Aristocrat Junior not an Aristocrat; and
  2. His price was too high and $45 - $55 was a more realistic price.

Seems he listen eventually on at least one count.

This is still a pretty reasonable price for a great shaver. The British Aristocrats go for $200 +/- these normally sell for $45 - $85 uncased with higher prices in the US as they are less common there.

With a similar head design to the #16 but a slimmer handle they are still one of the top 10 razors IMHO. Nickel plated (not rhodium) but still polishing up well in most cases.

Enjoy a great score!

Thanks Mark. I suspected it was nickel- that's fine. I will continue to hunt for a reasonably priced rhodium plated Gillette :D

As an aside, I was watching on ebay a Rocket HD similar to my own. It was in Australia, and I thought I'd make a bid so I could have a backup one. But, it ended up selling for nearly $90! I didn't realise they were worth that much (not that I'll ever sell mine of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.