August 2012 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to restore over the weekend:

The Fatboy isn't as fat as I'd expected, but it still has a good weight to it. I definitely prefer heavier razors!

The blades came with the Fatboy. Not sure if they are any good, maybe Monsta can advise?

Hard to tell. Looks like they could be GBE's or possibly even Swedes. Both come in 10-pack dispensers. Yours look older though (Mid 80's to Early 90's), so could be Super Stainless.

I'd certainly have no worries about shaving with them - they are Vintage late 1980's Gillette Stainless blades. Dump one in the Fatboy, dial it to 7 and go for it.

Take a picture of the naked blade for me, I might be able to give you a better idea. If they say Platinum, they are likely Swedes. Also, they will have a date code like a razor. I expect them to be in the E-K range.

Well gentlemen the truth is stranger than fiction! Received my order of Autosol today. Made in Germany, Ordered it in the USA over the Internet from China, sent from China to the USA and the whole thing cost me less than 10$US. How do they do it? with each manufacturer, wholesaler, shipper, dealer, eBay, government(taxes), etc making a profit??!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344564211.007880.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344564130.289086.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344564130.289086.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 2
Well gentlemen the truth is stranger than fiction! Received my order of Autosol today. Made in Germany, Ordered it in the USA over the Internet from China, sent from China to the USA and the whole thing cost me less than 10$US. How do they do it? with each manufacturer, wholesaler, shipper, dealer, eBay, government(taxes), etc making a profit??!!
View attachment 244

Tell us your opinion on autosol vs maas. in oz I paid $8au from a auto shop (repco)

Tell us your opinion on autosol vs maas. in oz I paid $8au from a auto shop (repco)

Agreed- I'd be keen to hear this too. As far as I know we can't easily get maas in Australia?

As mentioned in my other thread, I'm pretty happy with Autosol.

A razor blade disposal system

It is a money tin from the reject shop, $1. The smallest one they had 11cm tall, and a label I made. If you want a copy let me knw, it has two labels so the can is double sided.

Sharps container.jpg

Attachments

• Biohazard 2up.jpg
    Biohazard 2up.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi All,

I haven't checked in for a while. I just bought my fathers day present to myself, and this seemed a suitable thread to share.

- Semogue Owners Club Boar Cherry Wood
- Semogue Owners Club 2 Band Badger Cherry Wood
- Mitchells Shaving Soap 125g & Wooden Bowl (Ebonised Oak (black))
- SPEICK MEN Aftershave Lotion 100 ml

May have purchased myself a new brush (totally didn't need it, the Frank Shaving Finest and Semmi 1305 were doing a grand job...but, you know...)

The Shave Nook 2012 Limited Edition
300735_10152020254065650_1420491555_n.jpg

Well I did ask if you wanted to offload any. If you want to get rid of them I will take them. PM me your bank details mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
The items in the original post arrived today. The Travelling Spoiler dispenser is now the Spoiler and Schick Platinum Plus travelling dispensers!

The items in the original post arrived today. The Travelling Spoiler dispenser is now the Spoiler and Schick Platinum Plus travelling dispensers!

Cool!!!!

RBAD coming right up....

Excellent. Good timing for me personally- I've now got plenty of nice razors to try them in :laugh:

Ahh, I thought that was just BAD but I guess that could also be Brush

Status
Not open for further replies.