August 2012 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a number of interesting things arrive this month:

-Various Techs and Superspeeds. The latest was an aluminium Tech which is insanely light, I don't know what it will be like to shave with
-Some Proraso Red (which I'm slowly growing to like)

I also have another 40's style Superspeed on the way- these are easily one of my favourite 'bang for buck' vintage Gillettes so far.

I called into a Shaver shop today, just to see if they had the new Proraso balm.

No one has it, as they asked for stock of all the new stuff, and it wasn't included. But this one is now stocking TOBS and EJ

$42 for a tub of TOBS. What are they smoking? No wonder your average mall guy isn't going to get into this kind of thing on a whim...

The next new thing from Proraso...Blue.

There's a cream on the way - Aloe and Vit E.

Last edited:
I called into a Shaver shop today, just to see if they had the new Proraso balm.

No one has it, as they asked for stock of all the new stuff, and it wasn't included. But this one is now stocking TOBS and EJ

$42 for a tub of TOBS. What are they smoking? No wonder your average mall guy isn't going to get into this kind of thing on a whim...

The next new thing from Proraso...Blue.

There's a cream on the way - Aloe and Vit E.

$42?!

Do we blame that on the 'Australian tax' or just naked profiteering?

Still, its cool that you have somewhere local that stocks some nice stuff. I have no idea where I could but something like TOBS near me.

$42?!

Do we blame that on the 'Australian tax' or just naked profiteering?

Still, its cool that you have somewhere local that stocks some nice stuff. I have no idea where I could but something like TOBS near me.

It's price raping. SS aren't going to turn that stuff over quick, so they're turning a buck on the ones that do. It would be far smarter to price it fairly, then they've a chance of up-selling people to it, as they're very sales-y. They're all franchises though, so not all will stock it.

Mensbiz sell em for $21. Then there's 15% forum discount. That is a fair price and makes me second guess whether it's worth buying OS + postage.

Shaver Shop has never been 'cheap' on anything. Not much stock turnover and rents in expensive malls tends to make things that way.

I wouldn't use those 70 yo blades tho.

Some nuts YKW would, but that's why they're nuts.

Nah, not planning on using the blues- just the spoilers.

Oh, and I have to ask- what does YKW stand for? I'm sure its something that will seem completely obvious when you tell me!

[MONSTA EDIT] YKW = You Know Where. Shaving forum over the pond, populated by septic tanks. Badger Badger Mushroom. And sharp implements.

My order from Connaught Shaving arrived yesterday, shipped on the 12th - So decent shipping time.

30 x Feather New Hi-Stainless Platinum
1 x Mitchells Shaving Soap 125g & Wooden Bowl (Ebonised Oak (black))
1 x Proraso Shave Cut Healing Gel 10ml
1 x SPEICK MEN Aftershave Lotion 100 ml

Although the package was taken off me before I got to open it. Fathers day present.

Still no sign of the 2 Semogue brushes from Vintage Scent. According to the CTT courier tracking, it's been sitting in Lisbon since the 14th.

Can someone please explain to me, why I just spent more than an hour looking at vintage leather toiletries and grooming cases on ebay?

What has happened to me?

Still no sign of the 2 Semogue brushes from Vintage Scent. According to the CTT courier tracking, it's been sitting in Lisbon since the 14th.

Tracking outside of Eur doesn't work. When you recieve it the site will still show it sitting in Lisbon.

Can someone please explain to me, why I just spent more than an hour looking at vintage leather toiletries and grooming cases on ebay?

What has happened to me?
Welcome to the asylum.

[MONSTA EDIT] YKW = You Know Where. Shaving forum over the pond, populated by septic tanks. Badger Badger Mushroom. And sharp implements.

Ah, undersood. So its a little bit like Voldemort then :cheesy:

Ah, undersood. So its a little bit like Voldemort then :cheesy:

I don't know - but the best place YNW is here - the Aussie community

I don't know - but the best place YNW is here - the Aussie community

(you will have to register on the site to see this section, and post 50+ times in other sections to be able to post here)

Status
Not open for further replies.