August 2012 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited because I got 2 kg of soap.
Image017.jpg

The Merkur 38C is a hefty piece of work, will be fun to try. Maybe I should take it and my HD to work and weigh them on the analytical balance.

I'm excited because I got 2 kg of soap.
View attachment 247

Bloody hell. mate, I bought a 500 gram block of Cella from Mark1966 and cant see me using it all in the next few years....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Still I got a sample of what you have in bulk and will try it. If it is as close to Cella as they say and you want tonget some of your costs back give me a yell. (Its still a big lot of soap - wonder how many of RM's blades you would need to get through it all.)

I plan on spreading it around here a fair bit, I doubt I could use it all in this decade and possibly the next.

I'll see what I can organise for small pots and postage. Far out it is soft and almondy.

(you will have to register on the site to see this section, and post 50+ times in other sections to be able to post here)

You can't see it without registering??? :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Sorry

Looks like my 2 new brushes arrived today from vintage scent.

I missed the postie though, so i've gotta pick it up from the post office.

Phew, back again - haven't posted properly here in a while, just lurked occasionally.

MensBiz rock. Not affiliated, just saying.

This just arrived in Brisbane on my desk. I ordered it yesterday at 11am. Couriered from VIC to QLD overnight for free.

mensbiz_trumper.jpg

This exactly the type of experience I want to receive from online shopping. :cool:
Just a shame Jermyn St was out of stock, I would have bought a tub of that too otherwise. :p

Last edited:
Unfortunately we can't see your image, but congratulations anyway.

MensBiz always surprise me with the delivery times, even over in Perth.

I've got 100 Voskhods just arrived and another 100 in transit.

A bit of Mark's unwanted treasures too so I am in for a pleasant surprise in the mailbox the next couple days.

I am sorely tempted to get another brush but DAMMIT I have had three Semogues now and I don't want to buy another one....but the handles look so cool!

I haven't tried a Vie Long yet. You guys vouch for them yeah?

I am sorely tempted to get another brush but DAMMIT I have had three Semogues now and I don't want to buy another one....but the handles look so cool!

I haven't tried a Vie Long yet. You guys vouch for them yeah?

Yeah, the Vie-Long's are the schizzle for soaps. MWF is no match, loads of backbone and really scrubby, yet not sharp or scratchy on the face. I only have MWF as a puck soap, the rest are sticks. They also are amazingly good on the soft soaps, Cella loads up way too easily.

The thing I like about the Horsey brushes is they are top value, the handles are decent for the price you pay but not as good as the Omegas, yet are a similar price. Mine did smell funky to begin with.

Mine is the 13710 and it performs great for the price. I'm actually considering buying more hard soaps because of this brush. I'd like to try a slightly more expensive

I'd like to try a couple of the Vie-Long boars, I believe they should be much better than the Smoggies. The best thing is all of them bar two are under $12/€10 - the most expensive is AUD$26/€22. I particularly like the 12311, the handle looks amazing with the metal inlay and is priced at $18 or so.

I'm also very much considering a mixed Horse/Badger brush. The handles aren't so nice but I like the look of the 14080.

Just a shame Jermyn St was out of stock, I would have bought a tub of that too otherwise. :p

I'm sure the Limes will go a long way to ease the disappointment! Definitely on my to-get list, but never seem to get around to it.

Oh, and my lastest Jermyn St tub is very firm and thick, approaching croap. Lathers even harder, and it is way thirsty too.

Trumper Limes is freaking awesome stuff. I scooped out the final little dollop from the old tub last night and got stuck right into the new one without giving any of the other soaps a thought - zomfg, a fully loaded brush again is sublime, I seriously recommend this cream. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.