AusFarce or AusFantastic?

XtpyPaph.png

WTF AusFarce? o_O

I'll tell you their excuse now to save you the time of calling them up.
Sometimes when a facility is unusually busy, we route parcels to a different sorting facility to be sorted.

I'll tell you their excuse now to save you the time of calling them up.
Sometimes when a facility is unusually busy, we route parcels to a different sorting facility to be sorted.
Close, but this was the actual excuse:

"Hi Joel,

I'm really sorry for the delay caused by this missorting; Chullora and Underwood are both automated sorting facilities, and it looks like they were having trouble reading this address. They do have systems in place to stop this from happening, so your parcel should be sorted correctly from here - if it isn't though, please let us know via our Help & Support Portal here: http://auspo.st/1JMange. Again, I am really sorry for the delay, and inconvenience.

- Bec"

There you go boys, might explain a but of the weirdness detailed in this thread.

Just got the package today, not sure what kind of automated sorting machine they have there in Chullora, but the address couldn't have been printed any clearer/more neatly without actually typing it on a computer and printing it out.

Just got the package today, not sure what kind of automated sorting machine they have there in Chullora, but the address couldn't have been printed any clearer/more neatly without actually typing it on a computer and printing it out.

Ahhh, but did it comply with the addressing guidelines - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/postage-tips-guides/addressing-guidelines

This is the issues I've heard them raise on a few occasions 'Use pre-printed envelops with the 4 postcode squares if you're addressing by hand, and print the destination postcode clearly in those squares.' It seems that the postcode is the key to their automatic sorting and those little coloured boxes on pre-printed envelopes play a big factor in helping to get them right. Any hand written address without that they say is problematic no matter how clear it is to you.

So I go to the post office as I need to send something, regular mail, to Germany. I pay and the lady says "The computer tells me 7-10 days".

I was laughing so hard they had to roll me out of the store! It takes them 7-10 days to get a package from the SEQld to me and somehow they think this package is going to be in the hands of the recipient in another county in the same time? I reckon it will be lucky to get out of the country in that time.

Just received this from Austpost / Shopmate

"Thanks for contacting Australia Post in December with a ShopMate enquiry. Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the delay in getting back to you. We've received a large volume of enquiries, and a technical fault has prevented some of those from being resolved within the normal timeframe. My name is Andrew and I'm happy to help you today.

I can see via ShopMate that your item was discarded 8 days ago. I completely understand that this could have been avoided if your case had been resolved in the normal timeframe. With this in mind, can you please reply to this email with a copy of your merchant invoice so I can investigate the possibility of compensating you for this unfortunate outcome. (my emphasis)

Once again, I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you shortly."

This was for a large box of assorted soaps, a Simpsons Berkley brush, a Merkur slant and some other goodies. I purchased them from another forum member in the US back in October last year.

Long story short, Shopmate did not reply to any of my multiple emails or "service enquiries" and the time period they held the item for (3 months) expired and the item was "discarded".

Anyone else have similar sad tales??

Lets see what they do about this...:punch:

Im using Shipitto now (or I will when I fail my sabbatical :bored:)

So a mate of mine has been posting on facebook his tale of woe trying to get a new phone delivered. According to AusFarce tracking his phone was delivered (and signed for) to the completely wrong suburb (a good 45 minutes or so away from where he actually lives). AusFarce are maintaining that HE signed for it, despite the digital signature record thing being signed be someone of a completely different name who was allegedly the addressee so shits gone very wrong somewhere.

Anyone used Mailman by Officeworks?
I need to send a laptop out to a teleworker and they seem pretty cheap.

ANOTHER example of poss piir service from AusFarce! I am forced to cancel a major service/repair on my vehicle (a Lexus & Lexus parts are not always readily available) for Tue, 21st AND a 4-night, 3-day getaway break for my wife and I. So much for their "5-6 working days" timeframe.

Item received at Chullora 2:34AM, Wed 8th Feb. Even allowing SIX working days, the item should have been delivered on Wed, 15th. Here we are Fri, 17th and no notification of expected delivery. THEN I read that most "late deliveries" are delivered within 3 days of their expected delivery date. FFS - surely the timeframe should read "5-9 working days" !

Continuing the saga! I open their page to compile and submit a complaint. My spleen is well and truly vented, selected "Submit" - - - SWEET MOTHER OF GOD - - - "We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later." Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ( breath) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (smokers cough) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!

Couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel or a puss-ip in a brewery!

Just received a signed poster shipped in their own poster tube...they somehow managed to drop an anvil or a tank on the tube, as it is totally bend and the poster inside looks like someone has used it instead of toilet paper...

We really do have a need for an AusFarce representative to this thread.
@Monsta_AU your opinion?

Damn. Just sent off a brush back to Shavemac in Germany. $40 with signature and insurance:jawdrop:

So have I recently. My tracking has said "attempted delivery" for some time. I don't want to think about what that might mean.

Well a few people will be happy about this ...

Australia Post chief executive Ahmed Fahour is set to announce his resignation after seven years in the top job, sources said.

His decision comes in the wake of a political storm over his $5.6 million pay cheque.

It also comes after Australia Post today reported a sharp jump in first-half earnings as its parcels business continued to expand and its legacy postal business showed signs of stabilisation.

In the six months to December 31, the state-owned postal group reported net profit of $131 million, up eightfold from last year’s $16m result.

Mr Fahour will hold a press conference in Melbourne shortly.

Source: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...t/news-story/e686fd973701ea85af821bc96e945f9e

One does wonder about the size of the payout though ...

MOST interesting news story of today, Thursday, 23rd Feb:
" Australia Post's profits in its parcels business surged 16 per cent to $189 million. "

My package was scanned at Chullora 8th Feb and Welshpool, WA 18th Feb and FINALLYdelivered today (23rd).
My two complaints were responded to with "delays due to severe flooding!". The reps were unable to grasp the fact my parcel was already in the Perth area and I simply wanted it delivered in a timely manner; STOP LAUGHING!