Barrister & Mann

Updated schedule from Will at @Barrister&Mann

Of note for you menthol junkies...

July 21st, 12 pm USA-EST

Arctique: Peppermint, black pepper, now with more face-numbing quantities of menthol (special re-release in our tallow base!) ($16/jar)

But there's plenty more coming in due course...

Great minds mate, came here to post the same link :)

But Will @Barrister & Mann previously called us freaks for our menthol love! :(
Not sure if I'm ready to get my freak on with Will just yet... *ducks* :)

But Will @Barrister & Mann previously called us freaks for our menthol love! :(
Not sure if I'm ready to get my freak on with Will just yet... *ducks* :)

I didn't say you were freaks. I said I didn't understand the attraction to it. There's a difference. :p

That particular announcement has actually been up for some time, though. It's everything AFTER that that's new.

That particular announcement has actually been up for some time, though. It's everything AFTER that that's new.
Yep well, Will mate, us Aussies are known to be a little backward. A little behind the times. (Personally I like that about us!) Some states more than others. Hey one day someone will convince us the mullet (hairstyle) has gone out of fashion.

Yep well, Will mate, us Aussies are known to be a little backward. A little behind the times. (Personally I like that about us!) Some states more than others. Hey one day someone will convince us the mullet (hairstyle) has gone out of fashion.

I remember a bus driver stating years ago as we crossed the NSW border back to paradise (Queensland) where the old fruit quarantine checkpoint was and no Daylight Saving, "You are now entering Queensland ... ... ... Please wind your watches back one hour ... ... and ten years." Jealousy.

Looking at the release schedule their is some great stuff coming from @Barrister & Mann. Having smelt @Monsta_AU Dickens soap at the Sydney meet up, that will be a must buy for me and I imagine a few others :)

Will I have always wanted to ask apart from your own soap, what is your favourite shaving soap?

There are actually a couple super-secret projects that we haven't even announced yet (largely because we're not sure what they're going to cost or when exactly they are going to be finished). Stay tuned for those too. :)

Oh I know that the mentholated drum has been banged before, I just want to make sure it's remembered. [emoji6]

Will I have always wanted to ask apart from your own soap, what is your favourite shaving soap?
I think Will missed the Q but @Barrister & Mann has previously answered that he particularly enjoys Cheshire and Lavanille. But with all these new soaps about to come out there may be some new favourites!

Looking at the release schedule their is some great stuff coming from @Barrister & Mann.

Yeah, I saw the update last night via FB... Leviathan, Hallows & the Chypre releases all look good.

Love that Will is changing the conversation from Fougere to Chypre which nobody else is doing. Well done.

I think Will missed the Q but @Barrister & Mann has previously answered that he particularly enjoys Cheshire and Lavanille. But with all these new soaps about to come out there may be some new favourites!

I was actually wondering apart from his great soap, what other soap from other companies he likes? I always see @Anthony using many other soaps than his own for his shaves on facebook etc.. and was wondering what Will likes to use.

Yeah, I saw the update last night via FB... Leviathan, Hallows & the Chypre releases all look good.

Love that Will is changing the conversation from Fougere to Chypre which nobody else is doing. Well done.
Sorry RM were you saying something about a "Group Buy"?

Last edited:
Hallows was a very popular release previously. Never got round to finding out what was in it before as it was unavailable

There are actually a couple super-secret projects that we haven't even announced yet (largely because we're not sure what they're going to cost or when exactly they are going to be finished). Stay tuned for those too. :)
My inbox which handles super secrets, has not received any whispers... hint hint ;)

I was actually wondering apart from his great soap, what other soap from other companies he likes? I always see @Anthony using many other soaps than his own for his shaves on facebook etc.. and was wondering what Will likes to use.

Sorry this took me a bit. The bar exam is next week, so we're down to the wire and my time is somewhat more limited than I'd prefer.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Mike's Natural (when you can get them), Bufflehead (though the only scent I own reminds me of Dreft laundry detergent), I Coloniali, Valobra (though the scents are, in most cases, ghastly), Tabac, Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort cream, Occams, Nancy Boy, etc. I guess it's a shorter list to ask what I DON'T like. :D