Catch ups, meet ups and other off topic rubbish ...

Gotta work out again how to post pics.

But the walking stick is just a dowel like piece of wood with a SS knob on one end from Bunnings , you know like a drawer knob sort of thing, but really solid and heavy and the bottom end is a piece of SS tubing that has been sharpened and then covered in one of those rubber end cap sort of things.

Both ends are rather dangerous in their own way but it is just a stick and the person holding it is ultimately in charge of the usage.

Don't sharpen the bottom end too much as it will cut through the bottom rubber end cap too easily and is not necessary if you have damage in mind.

I have never used it and if I point it at unrestrained dogs they just seem to back off.

Gotta work out again how to post pics.

But the walking stick is just a dowel like piece of wood with a SS knob on one end from Bunnings , you know like a drawer knob sort of thing, but really solid and heavy and the bottom end is a piece of SS tubing that has been sharpened and then covered in one of those rubber end cap sort of things.

Both ends are rather dangerous in their own way but it is just a stick and the person holding it is ultimately in charge of the usage.

Don't sharpen the bottom end too much as it will cut through the bottom rubber end cap too easily and is not necessary if you have damage in mind.

I have never used it and if I point it at unrestrained dogs they just seem to back off.
Hmm, I can see how that would work, particularly if you justify the bottom part as a metal sleave to prevent water damage.
I think www.imgur.com is the easiest option regarding picture hosting these days.
Upload it there (you do not need an accoutn fi you do not care about deleting the picture at a later stage and link it back here with the [ img ] insert image url here [ /img ] tags.

Hey Marlow,
If you have Benign Positional Vertigo, (my wife was diagnosed with it some time back) there are some exercises which will help.
My wife has not had any issues since she started doing her "head positioning exercises". She only does them once a month or so now. Takes about 5 minutes to do.
There should some light at the end of the tunnel for you.

@Marlow I hope if what @Keen edge mentions is the case, the exercises work for you mate and your quality of life dramatically improves :)

Agree with the sentiments. I hate seeing people without answers, half the time it is the stress of not having a label to put on the problem. Once you have an answer the relief is definitely helpful - anyone with an issue that has a diagnosis drag on for months or years will tell you it is the peace of mind of just knowing what the problem is. My younger sister (32) has just been through a number of tests for a suspected heart condition, and the operations for these were pretty horrific. Not only did she have to worry about the underlying issue, but a suspected mini-stroke during a procedure (later cleared of this, likely reaction to anesthetic drugs). And this has been going on since last November.

Once you have that answer, then you can try to understand it, and then find ways to combat it.

Since these are only exercises, I'd love @Keen edge to get @Marlow a copy of these exercises so he can give them a try with the all-clear from his medical team. I'm not a doctor but since these are just exercises they should be okay to do but better to get a qualified opinion.

I'd love to see both of you at the Sydney meetups in the future, although I know Warren is generally at events on the weekend.

Meet with the curator of the National Gillette Museum today. Great to see @Mark1966 again and dig into some sushi. He gave me a taste of some Penhaligon's - was divine and still wafting about a little. Can't find the flavour on the Penhaligon's site but man, o, man. Wife's not smelt it yet but if she likes then I think we have issues bank balance-wise...

Meet with the curator of the National Gillette Museum today. Great to see @Mark1966 again and dig into some sushi. He gave me a taste of some Penhaligon's - was divine and still wafting about a little. Can't find the flavour on the Penhaligon's site but man, o, man. Wife's not smelt it yet but if she likes then I think we have issues bank balance-wise...

Likewise good to see @stillshunter and be inspired by the simpler things in life ...

This is the Penhaligon's involved - Halfeti. Only GBP150 ;)

HALFETIEAUDEPARFUM.jpg

Likewise good to see @stillshunter and be inspired by the simpler things in life ...
Thanks!.....I think.
man-in-dunce-cap.jpg

Still reckon you should really try one of your straights mate! There is a real serenity in that steel...and them stones ;)

Thanks!.....I think.
man-in-dunce-cap.jpg

Still reckon you should really try one of your straights mate! There is a real serenity in that steel...and them stones ;)
Are you losing your religion?

Anyone in Perth, Sunday Claremont show ground they have a vintage sale, including shaving gear, between 9 and 430. I can't be arsed ferreting through old junk at ridiculous prices, plus as I work seven days a week at the moment I don't have time.

Had an impromptu meetup with @Mark1966 today. Had the privilege of seeing the National Gillette Museum too. What an inspirational collection!

Thanks for your hospitality, Mark!

Pleasure mate, great to catch up and hope you guys enjoy visiting Canberra!

Just for the record folks Mat brought his wife along - what a long suffering lady she must be, and what a BRAVE man Mat is!!! ;)

Nah, he's smart, brought a distraction for both your wife, so they can leave you both alone, while comparing idiosyncrasies of you both!

Nah, MrsT stayed in the museum the entire time, looking at the different razors and enjoying the history about them (she's a history teacher). She particularly liked the ones with some sort of personal correspondence with it.

Very short meet of the P&C Canberra chapter today. Always great catching up with @Mark1966 . No travelling NGM* show today just some quick sushi and Wickhams handover.

I reckon I've almost gotten Mark warmed to the idea of using a straight....almost.

*National Gillette Museum

... missed it by that much ...