Catch ups, meet ups and other off topic rubbish ...

enhanced-buzz-31649-1376410131-28.jpg

Just caught up with @filobiblic and @borked. Filo recommended a nice gelato place in Five Dock, and it was indeed delicious.

It must look really weird to everyone else, three blokes in a cafe with all their shaving toys splayed out over the table. Anyway, we had fun.

We returned some previously borrowed items, showed off some new ones, and distributed some SC soaps (they were the last ones I had to offload).

Thanks for the catchup boys.

16342393473_43d3bea9f0_h.jpg

That image turned out really well.
Glad I suggested it now :)
It is what happens when thee of the best shaved and smelling blokes in Sydney gather in one place.

Was good to catch up with you two :)

Some impressive collection of gear!

Some impressive collection of gear!
Some of it is yours! Take Courage good man and have some Integrity. The Purpose will be revealed in time...

Reactions: MrT
Wow, you guys are weird...not like me and @Mark1966 who appear right normal compared to you lot.

So whose scuttle? Your new one @MrT ?
Right normal hey ?
Typical conservative commentary, appropriate and best left in that fabricated city you two reside within!
Oh and statistics suggest otherwise 3 vs 2, we form the majority.
BTW it's obvious it's just a case of green eyed monster that you were not in attendance ;)
(Say, what happened to that suggestion of an Easter Sydney meetup btw ?)

I didn't want to continue hijacking @filobiblic 's straight adventures thread, but at the same time I'd like the keep the home fires burning for one of our own.

I recall when I said I was interested in straights, @Marlow said he'd be interested in hearing about how it goes. So even though he's not around, everyone else can read along. Maybe a few others might be keen to start learning some new skills also...

Does anyone know @Marlow personally ?
I've attempted private contact as well.
If you're reading this mate, hope all is well and to see you muddying these waters with the rest of us soon :)

I'd add to these sentiments, he was not a gentleman but a squire and I miss his little Zen koans and other insights, and I'd be very keen to just know all's well with our old mate @Marlow . I understand if he's moved on - as a few other members have - and would prefer not to add another inane post to threads in this place :whistle: but, mate, just a PM to reassure one of us that you're all good. Or might I suggest a no-holds-barred-no-beg-your-pardons final public tirade on here so you can leave this place in a blaze of glory ;)

coooo0eeeee

My soap has been sullied and has seen the interior of a watering hole already?
:(

The diamond will probably smell better after being in the pub
Doesn't a baseball game smell like the interior of a pub anyway?!

A run out to see @borked and @SydBJW tonight. Delivery of the first B&M buy was the main reason.

Nice to finally meet you Brendan and thanks for the samples, hope you enjoy some blades and make sure you find some old threads and bump them with your thoughts. Wicked scent on the Wickhams BTW! (y)

Borked is a bit of a dark horse and I may need to hand over the Vintage Blade crown to him shortly. Never seen so many Light Brigades in all my life! I am pretty sure he only announces 20% of what he actually buys - everyone keep your eyes on him.