DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

borked

Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat
Grand Society
Group Buy Associate
Da Menth Heads
2018 Charity Auction Winner

First try, under-whelmed, yet will afford it a few more chances before designated as drinking, rather than enjoying...

eggbert

is full of Vision Collision
2018 Sabbatical
2017 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads

First try, under-whelmed, yet will afford it a few more chances before designated as drinking, rather than enjoying...
Anything in particular you don't like, or just a general apathy towards an average whisky?

Cheers, that's what I started my night with too - my bottle came in a metal case in the shape of the Ardbeg distillery (warehouse?).

I then went on to try a couple other peated whiskies I own, Talisker Storm, Ben Romach 10 and a IB Caol Ila.
Considering I couldn't stand smokey / peated whiskies 6 months or so ago, I am amazed that they are now starting to dominate my stable and the sherried whiskies I originally adored are taking a backseat. I remember tasting almost nothing but ash the first few times I tried Ardbeg, but the 10 tonight was a delight.
I'm certainly no officionado but I've been surprised how easy it was to get into the single malts. Like yourself I've really come to enjoy the smoke /peat. Three years ago suspect I might have thought I'd rocks in my head for liking these.

I enjoy reading this thread for future things to try.