Gillette Minora Stainless.

For anyone interested, I've mentioned to The Shaving Market that they didn't have the Minora's listed on their website, only ebay. They've now got them listed and they have also listed the Gillette Silver Blue blades if anyone was keen.
On a related note, they have also provided a 5% off code for forum members, which will be in the Vendor Discount Codes thread shortly

Took a little while but the code is there now :)

https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/vendor-discount-codes.6446/

Thanks mate!

I don't doubt Minora's are a good sharp blade and probably top of the modern Gillette's but cannot see the comparison to vintage Gillette Super Stainless Steel blades unless there is a difference between the Red & White because I have the 1967 Aussie blades in first image with the crown.

The most obvious differences to me are:

1. The Minora's are sharp out of the box and more likely to bite whereas the Aussie Red & White are buttery smooth but still sharp
2. Regrowth is a lot quicker with Minora's. Noticeable regrowth by early afternoon consistent and not patchy but quicker than Aussie Red & White that can go 10+ Hrs

Is there any difference between Red & Whites? FWIW I could not find the blades in 2nd image on mr-razor. Guessing they are 1975?

TpaBKey.png
&
kCKzGWM.png

Been using them exclusively on the head with the same combo 6s/plate 6. I rate the Gillette blacks over them for longetivity and just as sharp. When the Minora give up they do so quickly for me. Prefer the blacks/nacets for head shaving.

I don't doubt Minora's are a good sharp blade and probably top of the modern Gillette's but cannot see the comparison to vintage Gillette Super Stainless Steel blades unless there is a difference between the Red & White because I have the 1967 Aussie blades in first image with the crown.

1. The Minora's are sharp out of the box and more likely to bite whereas the Aussie Red & White are buttery smooth but still sharp
2. Regrowth is a lot quicker with Minora's. Noticeable regrowth by early afternoon consistent and not patchy but quicker than Aussie Red & White that can go 10+ Hrs

Is there any difference between Red & Whites? FWIW I could not find the blades in 2nd image on mr-razor. Guessing they are 1975?

TpaBKey.png
&
kCKzGWM.png
Interesting. I think I remember those from when I first started shaving, but back then they were just a blade that you bought from the chemist. Everybody just shaved with what they had. I'd be curious to know what the little "1" and "3" in the middle of the crown represents... :unsure:

Interesting. I think I remember those from when I first started shaving, but back then they were just a blade that you bought from the chemist. Everybody just shaved with what they had. I'd be curious to know what the little "1" and "3" in the middle of the crown represents... :unsure:
Number of blades in pack - outer pack has either 5 or 3 and inner pack 1.
Quality all the way through to inner packaging (y) and then wax paper with minimalist wax dots on the underside of the blade not on the folded over bits.
Minimal wax left after 54 years anyway :giggle:

TpaBKey.png
&
kCKzGWM.png

The Aussie Super Stainless top ( very good vintage blades).
The Minora SS and the Gillette Stainless ( red & white) as directly above are the same blade from St Petersburg Russia.

The Aussie bladess are smooth and sharp. The Minoras are a tad sharper and just as smooth. After about shave 14-17 they tame down a bit and stay that way until the end. A Tomorrow will be shave 40 on the Gillette Minora, just beautiful smooth shaves with no signs of tugging, pulling, or Irritation

Been using them exclusively on the head with the same combo 6s/plate 6. I rate the Gillette blacks over them for longetivity and just as sharp. When the Minora give up they do so quickly for me. Prefer the blacks/nacets for head shaving.

Rhe Gillette blacks from India are a pretty sharp blade, I found them a bit nippy and not so nice ATG after shave 2. Head shaving for me is totally out of the question:)
That's the great thing about shaving YMMV.

Last edited:

TpaBKey.png
&
kCKzGWM.png
The Aussie Gillette Super Stainless as the Aussie Spoiler is not the same blade and sharpness feels as the Gillette Stainless (red & white), Aussie Spoiler are much sharper and little bit less smoother than the Gillette Stainless.

Last edited:
On the 5th shave this morning the Minora became an awesome blade it lost the sharp edge and became buttery smooth providing a DFS++ that had me appreciating the smooth cheeks and jaw all morning and without the afternoon regrowth. Today 14Hrs later still less regrowth than 7Hrs yesterday with same setup. If you are tossing Minora after 3 - 4 shaves try pushing a few extra you may be surprised. Now to see how long it lasts

On the 5th shave this morning the Minora became an awesome blade it lost the sharp edge and became buttery smooth providing a DFS++ that had me appreciating the smooth cheeks and jaw all morning and without the afternoon regrowth. Today 14Hrs later still less regrowth than 7Hrs yesterday with same setup. If you are tossing Minora after 3 - 4 shaves try pushing a few extra you may be surprised. Now to see how long it lasts
Keep going for as long as you can depending on your own stubble as YMMV

Would rather a blade that performs straight away, why would you want 5 poor shaves

Would rather a blade that performs straight away, why would you want 5 poor shaves

I'm assuming that he meant the blades go from great to fantastic. I know a lot of blades that perform that way but its kinda subject because we are only human and are dealing with so many variables so take that as what you will.
I haven't tried the blades yet myself but I dove deep into this rabbit hole so I hope it pays off. haha.

Part of me wants to be annoyed that a blade can last for so long because there is in an inherit excitement in popping in a new blade I guess.

I'm assuming that he meant the blades go from great to fantastic. I know a lot of blades that perform that way but its kinda subject because we are only human and are dealing with so many variables so take that as what you will.
I haven't tried the blades yet myself but I dove deep into this rabbit hole so I hope it pays off. haha.

Part of me wants to be annoyed that a blade can last for so long because there is in an inherit excitement in popping in a new blade I guess.
Trust me Rusty old fart as your baseball bat isn't getting any better because the Minora Stainless is the holy grail, only and if you believe it during your shaves, stop bloody swinging with your old fart baseball bat.

Trust me Rusty old fart as your baseball bat isn't getting any better because the Minora Stainless is the holy grail, only and if you believe it during your shaves, stop bloody swinging with your old fart baseball bat.

Hahaha, I may be a Rusty old fart but my baseball bat still has a few swings left in it. :p
Feeling more confident about having ordered so many but also disappointed I didn't hit that magic number now. If they're a homerun I will definitely take another swing at it and grab some more when they go on sale again.
You're such an enabler! You have me wanting to buy to buy another razor and more blades now!!

On a more serious note, I feel like you're methodology in buying tons of the one blade is the way to go. I am kicking myself for not going all in on the PolSilvers so I definitely don't want to repeat the same mistakes I made there. I don't know what a crazy number is but I'm definitely onto a good start. ;)

Hahaha, I may be a Rusty old fart but my baseball bat still has a few swings left in it. :p
Feeling more confident about having ordered so many but also disappointed I didn't hit that magic number now. If they're a homerun I will definitely take another swing at it and grab some more when they go on sale again.
You're such an enabler! You have me wanting to buy to buy another razor and more blades now!!

On a more serious note, I feel like you're methodology in buying tons of the one blade is the way to go. I am kicking myself for not going all in on the PolSilvers so I definitely don't want to repeat the same mistakes I made there. I don't know what a crazy number is but I'm definitely onto a good start. ;)

1000 blades with Minora SS blades should last you a lifetime.

1000 blades also gets you one of the fancy pants purple banners.:unsure::)

The encouragement here is definitely something. I am putting a lot of faith in these blades on a blind buy and am probably going against every logical rule on blade purchases but what the hell I might as well. I feel like I will hit that 1000 blade purchase quicker than I think.

Hahahahaha that was quite the meme ride. I totally didn't expect that last one though. LOL hahahaha