Gillette Minora Stainless.

I know I like Gillette blades...I have Rubie, Nacet, Perma-Sharp, GSB, Platinum, Yellow (Russian), Green (Russian), Minora (Platinum), and Black.
Plus of course the usual Kai, Feather, Astra, Wizamet, etc.
Now I also have Minora Stainless (but only 300 of them).
I really could survive with just one of these...Rubie, Perma-Sharp, Nacet, Wizamet, or the Minora Stainless.
Hard to quantify...face feel, smoothness, shave result, blade life, price, or all of that.
And the winner is....Minora Stainless.
For sure I will use up my supply of the Nacet, GSB, Rubie, etc...but when I need more I will just get the Minora. It's at a good price point for me too.
Used in my Black Beauty, Timeless .95 OC, Karve #F plate SB, or Blackbird SB and every shave so far has been great.
YMMV as usual, but I do like these blades and may just grab another 500.
Then I will be OK for blades until I'm 'about' 90.
90, bah most of us have soap that will last longer than that not to mention those with blades… cough @SpeedyPC You obviously need more.

90, bah most of us have soap that will last longer than that not to mention those with blades… cough @SpeedyPC You obviously need more.
Yeah, but you lot are starting off way back from me.
I'm closer to the finish line than that.
But, a 20 year supply should be about right if I don't shave for the last few years.

I don't need any more blades just because I like the Minora SS, I knew I was right all along, I'm still shaving and testing both blades into 34C/G both feel the same as brand new from the beginning.

I'm absolutely 100% convinced the new Minora Stainless would rate at the very same level as the old Gillette Stainless. Would you agree or disagree @rhodes96 and @Razor Burn ??

Feather Hi-Stainless <---- Very very sharp
Kai Stainless
Gillette Nacet
Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Super Stainless (spoiler)
Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum
Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra
Gillette Minora Stainless (new) & Gillette Stainless red & white (old), the old version is no longer available on the market (both are the same blade)
Polsilver Super Iridium (old) & Wizamet Super Iridium (new) both are the same blade
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (yellow)
Gillette Platinum
Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless
Gillette Rubie
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra Superior Stainless
Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword
Treet Platinum (orange & white)
Astra Superior Platinum <------ Middle of the road everyday shave
Vintage US Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (green)
Perma-Sharp
German Wilkinson Sword
ASCO Super Stainless (orange)
Parker Premium Platinum
Rapira Platinum Lux
Rapira Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Ladas Super Stainless
Rockwell Swedish Stainless
Gillette Sputnik
Voskhod <---- This is the low level, not the lowest crap blade

Agree with @SpeedyPC

Before I didn't agree about the Platinums, after testing the Euro platinums agree. You can add King C Gillette blade the same as the Platinum.

I tend to agree they're the same blade but for whatever reason I find the Minora a smidgeon smoother in my beloved Rocca, not to take away from the shave or end result.

Blown away with how effortless they shave and the fact I can achieve a 3 pass BBS has me convinced that they're by far the best DE blade $$$ can buy!!!

Not to take away from the Wizamet S.I as its equally smooth and long lasting but just doesn't cut as close with even regrowth lasting all day.
For me that's the key as plenty of blades cut close but only a handful shave my trouble spots (neck, chin) evenly with next to no irritation/redness. :love:

Next shave is with the Minora SS is 18 for myself. I will intentionally aim for BBS.

It's good that you have both blade types and a Rocca to compare.

I don’t understand how you guys can shave so much with any blade. As much as I love these blades I only got to 4 myself

on another note, road tested with the timeless 95 today.. you bloody ripper 👍
Hard to argue with this conclusion as most times I give a blade 5 solid shaves and swap it but in the name of wet shaving science I'm willing to test the longevity of these blades and to my surprise both remain sharp/smooth 18+ shaves.

Once the blades cease delivering an even shave then I'll swap them but so far they're staying strong.

Hard to argue with this conclusion as most times I give a blade 5 solid shaves and swap it but in the name of wet shaving science I'm willing to test the longevity of these blades and to my surprise both remain sharp/smooth 18+ shaves.

Once the blades cease delivering an even shave then I'll swap them but so far they're staying strong.

I tried giving this blade a go as well, but only got to 4 comfy shaves and the 5th wasnt so sharp with a very slight feel of roughness

Before I didn't agree about the Platinums, after testing the Euro platinums agree. You can add King C Gillette blade the same as the Platinum.
Are you saying the King C Gillette blade is at the same level as the Astra SP??? Because I haven’t tried King C blade, they could be anywhere between Astra SS and the Astra SP.

Are you saying the King C Gillette blade is at the same level as the Astra SP??? Because I haven’t tried King C blade, they could be anywhere between Astra SS and the Astra SP.

No definitely not the same as Astra SP.
I believe from testing they are the same as the Gillette Platinum Euro ( dark blue box), and the Minora Platinum. They are a good blade, just over priced.

Gillette Platinum Euro ( dark blue box)
The new dark blue Gillette Platinum is made from Russia in St Petersburg is the same as the old version.

Old version
images

The latest production is the same blade as the old version.
gillette_platinum_new_resize.jpg

Only called the shot as I seen it.
Fair enough, and (from the viewpoint of one who has already traded his R95) it might still be worth another look. I never much liked the Polsilver (Wizamet) SI or the Feather with that razor, but the Gillette Yellow worked beautifully, and from what I read, the Minora might too.

The new dark blue Gillette Platinum is made from Russia in St Petersburg is the same as the old version.

Old version
images

The latest production is the same blade as the old version.
gillette_platinum_new_resize.jpg

This is where it gets interesting. My face and testing says otherwise. New Euro platinums ( latest production) shaved identical to the Minora Platinums and the King C Gillette blade. Decently sharp, smooth, and good durability( 6-9 shaves).

The older lighter boxed Platinums for the middle eastern market and other destinations ( I have 4 differnet packaging types of this blade) I found gave a good first shave, and then started failing during 2nd shave onwards. It was like the coating had been worn away and the blade became rough. Going ATG was very noticeable. By shave 3, time to bin the blade. Same consistent results with several razors and different packets of blades. My last outing with the older platinums was about 6 months ago and have no intention of ever using those blades ever again.

Like the debate about the GSB vs Platinum blades and how one blade would work well for some, and not so well for others, older lighter boxed platinums don't work for me. YMMV

If your interested which your most likely not, test this for yourself!