Gillette Minora Stainless.

Yet you can buy the Minora blades from the same guy on evilbay and have them shipped to NZ and Australia.
Well, it does say 'Ships Worldwide' still on evilbay.
I just bought 100 on Amazon. Not too dear...about the same as my last lot that never arrived (got sent 7-O-Clocks instead).

Only a few shaves in with both blades and its hard to separate the blades but I'm more inclined to suggest the Minora shaves closer and results in a longer even shave of my chin area.

Only other comparison I could make would be between Polsilver and Wizamets and how despite supposedly being the same blade I always get better results using a Wizamet....???

Now this could be a result of the soaps I was using as Minora involved A&E Kaizen 2 and ETHOS Grooming as opposed to Stirling for Red & White but both blades left me feeling BBS+ and no irritation but Minora lasted longer with superior results on my chin area...

YMMV but both blades are fantastic and well worth the high praise that my only worry is managing to source a decent supply considering availability, pricing and sellers willing to ship to Australia. :nailbiting:

Only a few shaves in with both blades and its hard to separate the blades but I'm more inclined to suggest the Minora shaves closer and results in a longer even shave of my chin area.

Only other comparison I could make would be between Polsilver and Wizamets and how despite supposedly being the same blade I always get better results using a Wizamet....???

Now this could be a result of the soaps I was using as Minora involved A&E Kaizen 2 and ETHOS Grooming as opposed to Stirling for Red & White but both blades left me feeling BBS+ and no irritation but Minora lasted longer with superior results on my chin area...

YMMV but both blades are fantastic and well worth the high praise that my only worry is managing to source a decent supply considering availability, pricing and sellers willing to ship to Australia. :nailbiting:
When I get my Gillette Minora Stainless soon in the mail from @rhodes96, I will be comparing and shaving until both blades come to END OF LIFE, side by side using the Merkur 34C/34G with both blade Gillette Stainless (red & white) vs Gillette Minora Stainless. IF they are the same or not, and which blade will last longing on the Merkur razor. Before I test both blades with the Rocca which is going to take a long while.

:eek::eek:

The Gillette Minora blades are unofficially confirmed to be the reissue of a discontinued blade the Gillette Stainless (red & white). If you look at @SpeedyPC blade list you will see that these blades are rated the number 1 modern blade.

The reason for this thread is to hopefully bust a few myths, and be able to inform the members here that the best modern blade made is back.

@SpeedyPC sure you don't want a few tucks to try. I promise these ones are not double wrapped in pink like the Minora Platiunims?:D
What do these offer that the Polsilvers don't?

Only the Gillette Stainless (red & while) are discontinued from the market and these are made from Russia for the Middle East.

They’re ALL MINE :smuggrin: these are my Holy Grail DE blades.

UUbhvVD.jpg
What do these offer that Polsilver's don't?
Besides being discontinued that is.

PM coming and I’ll fully investigate the Gillette Minora Stainless, IF, they’re the same as the Gillette Stainless.
I'm expecting nothing less than microscopic edge grind comparison.

What do these offer that Polsilver's don't?
Besides being discontinued that is.
Originally Polsilver SI was selling 5 blade per pack for 100 blades in total, and the Wizamet SI was selling 10 blade per pack for 250 in total. They’re the most popular blade in the market world wide directly made from Russia, because, they’ve decided to reinstated the Wizamet SI brand to sell more on market over the Polsilver SI brand which has been discontinued.

Edit:- The Gillette Stainless (red and white) are sharper and a lot smoother, very comfortable and also last a lot longer than the Polsilver SI/Wizamet SI blade.

Last edited:
Update from this mornings shave using the Rocca, and a Gillette Stainlees (red&white).

The shave felt as smooth and efficient as yesterday's shave with the Minora Stainless. :):):)(y)(y). Again an almost BBS in 2 passes. I also noted the longer than usual length of time for stubble regrowth.

I will now continue shaving on with the Minora stainless blade to test its durability the same way I did with the Gillette Stainless.

Last edited:
If anybody wants some Minora Stainless blades, PM me your details tonight as I am going to the post office tomorrow.

Those in a hurry to buy these blades. Don't worry too much, they will be around for a while. I picked up 1000 for Au$13 per 100 on US Amazon . They are also on Amazon Au and ebay.

Last edited:
Originally Polsilver SI was selling 5 blade per pack for 100 blades in total, and the Wizamet SI was selling 10 blade per pack for 250 in total. They’re the most popular blade in the market world wide directly made from Russia, because, they’ve decided to reinstated the Wizamet SI brand to sell more on market over the Polsilver SI brand which has been discontinued.

Edit:- The Gillette Stainless (red and white) are sharper and a lot smoother, very comfortable and also last a lot longer than the Polsilver SI/Wizamet SI blade.
iu

If anybody wants some Minora Stainless blades, PM me your details tonight as I am going to the post office tomorrow.

Those in a hurry to buy these blades. Don't worry too much, they will be around for a while. I picked up 1000 for Au$13 per 100 on US Amazon . They are also on Amazon Au and ebay.
I'll certainly be stocking up as an alternative to my Wizamets & Yellows and the lot you sent me should see out 2021. Thanks again good sir! ;)

Sharper, just as smooth, last longer.. No need to wait a shave or two for the blade to settle in. They shave great on the first and the many shaves that follow.
Agree 100% as somebody with werewolf like growth they shave great against the skin without the need for multiple passes and risk of irritation/redness.