Gillette Minora Stainless.

You are correct 100%.

I weighed the envelopes before I left 0.67grams with 2 tucks of blades. Envelope size is standard size to post an a folded A4 letter. First post office claimed letters were more than 5mm ( they were approx 6-7mm. Then claimed the weight was 130gr More BS.
Then says you can buy 10 envelopes for $13.15 up to 250gr but you will still be charged extra because it's more than 5mm thick. After my two word reponse I walked out .

How many people are they ripping off ???
Yeah, not cool. I'd be complaining to head office about that.

Yeah, not cool. I'd be complaining to head office about that.

After about a dozen complaints and not one resolution I CBF anymore. The best avenue of complaint was the Auspost forums where auspost representatives were forced to answer questions where everyone could see the responses. Last year they removed the forums and deleted the database due to all the honest feedback.

Anyway all good now, If you don't receive your blades in a few days to weeks ( cough cough), let me know and I will arrange some more via an alternative delivery method.

Anyway all good now, If you don't receive your blades in a few days to weeks ( cough cough), let me know and I will arrange some more via an alternative delivery method.
I aren’t going anywhere near Amazon okay, slugger, you know I’ve already got bucketload of blades ;)

After about a dozen complaints and not one resolution I CBF anymore. The best avenue of complaint was the Auspost forums where auspost representatives were forced to answer questions where everyone could see the responses. Last year they removed the forums and deleted the database due to all the honest feedback.

Yeah, Auspost are useless pricks. Appreciate you sending them out. If they don't turn up I'll just take a punt on them and buy 100 on Amazon :) I appreciate your effort and generosity though mate.

Something amiss here mate! I just weighed two tucks of Minora blades on my digital scales and they weighed 9 grams. Certainly not 130 g more, but not 0.67g either. 6.7g?

You are correct @bernie01 I weighed them on my scales and it was 6.7grams The screen looked a bit faded so it appears I misread the 6.7 for 67grams. ( no glasses should know better) I just changed the batteries and now, and it clearly reads 8.6 grams with 2 tucks. The label and envelope weigh 6.7grams. Altogether it's 15.3grams.
That makes it even worse with the claim of 130grams.:mad:

I ended up paying $2.20 per envelope as It would be borderline to claim the thickness of the envelope was 5mm or less. I admit it was around approx 7mm.

@Wilkshire13, yes I could have used a $1.10 stamp and posted it myself into one of the red mail boxes. Knowing my luck Auspost would find a way to sting me and deny my mail with return to sender. So I did the honest thing and transacted over the counter. Last time I posted a letter with a stamp in Australia, it was 55c. :)

Last edited:
You are correct @bernie01 I weighed them on my scales and it was 6.7grams The screen looked a bit faded so it appears I misread the 6.7 for 67grams. ( no glasses should know better) I just changed the batteries and now, and it clearly reads 8.6 grams with 2 tucks. The label and envelope weigh 6.7grams. Altogether it's 15.3grams.
That makes it even worse with the claim of 130grams.:mad:

I ended up paying $2.20 per envelope as It would be borderline to claim the thickness of the envelope was 5mm or less. I admit it was around approx 7mm.

@Wilkshire13, yes I could have used a $1.10 stamp and posted it myself into one of the red mail boxes. Knowing my luck Auspost would find a way to sting me and deny my mail with return to sender. So I did the honest thing and transacted over the counter. Last time I posted a letter with a stamp in Australia, it was 55c. :)
55c was a very long time ago @rhodes96 that’s too far back in the past.

Blades sent out today. Let's say there was conflict between Australia post and myself last Friday over trying to charge $3.30 on an envelope that ways 0.67grams. They tried to upsell me on smaller envelopes and still tried to charge me $3.30. I ended up going to another post office and without changing any bloody envelopes, was able to send them at expected cost per envelope size.

And you wonder why I have zero love for Auspost. :rolleyes:
I sometimes used to get that, it depends on whether or not there just happens to be an officious prick behind the counter. Now I just take it out of their hands. I buy a few $1.10 stamps, and get my envelopes at Officeworks, and just bung the envelope in a street mailbox without getting into a discussion about it. Simple.

I buy a few $1.10 stamps, and get my envelopes at Officeworks, and just bung the envelope in a street mailbox without getting into a discussion about it. Simple.
giphy.gif

I sometimes used to get that, it depends on whether or not there just happens to be an officious prick behind the counter. Now I just take it out of their hands. I buy a few $1.10 stamps, and get my envelopes at Officeworks, and just bung the envelope in a street mailbox without getting into a discussion about it. Simple.

Haven't sent a letter to anybody in Australia in over a decade so this was kind of new to me. Seems they treat letters just like parcels now. If I ever send a letter size envelope in the mail again, bugger them I will just stamp it and post it in the red mail box.

First Minora stainless shave today (I already use the Platinum Minora).
I do prefer stainless blades and the Minora reinforces that.
I had a nice close, smooth shave with the SB Blackbird.
Only bought 100, but will buy more now (it's good to have 'at least' 1000 blades supply 'cos you never know when the bladepocalypse might hit).
So, from me...it's a Yes to the Minora stainless. Good blades.

First Minora stainless shave today (I already use the Platinum Minora).
I do prefer stainless blades and the Minora reinforces that.
I had a nice close, smooth shave with the SB Blackbird.
Only bought 100, but will buy more now (it's good to have 'at least' 1000 blades supply 'cos you never know when the bladepocalypse might hit).
So, from me...it's a Yes to the Minora stainless. Good blades.

1000 Blades should last you more than a lifetime. They are brilliant, and agree better than Minora Platinum which is just aa Euro Gilette Platinum rebranded for the South African Market. I am 5 shaves in, and it shaves just as good as the first shave. Hopefully reach 33 shaves :)

1000 Blades should last you more than a lifetime. They are brilliant, and agree better than Minora Platinum which is just aa Euro Gilette Platinum rebranded for the South African Market. I am 5 shaves in, and it shaves just as good as the first shave. Hopefully reach 33 shaves :)
I doubt I'll reach 33 shaves but 7 shaves in and the blade shaves just like the 1st time with awesome results in all the DEs I've tested thus far!
Thanks again @rhodes96 (y)

Blades sent out today. Let's say there was conflict between Australia post and myself last Friday over trying to charge $3.30 on an envelope that ways 0.67grams. They tried to upsell me on smaller envelopes and still tried to charge me $3.30. I ended up going to another post office and without changing any bloody envelopes, was able to send them at expected cost per envelope size.

And you wonder why I have zero love for Auspost. :rolleyes:
Please do follow up with a formal complaint with the relevant government authority.