Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

Sad to see Pediwear is closing. Covid must have really put a crimp in their sales.

Yes, I've never purchased from them previously but have heard good things. Certainly in my experience with this purchase they have been great, so quick from the UK postage wise and very cute brown paper wrapping ...

My bad - or my browser. :rolleyes: My choice would be the Devizes. The shorter finger length is important to me when getting quality gloves, I don't like having empty material flapping around at the fingertips.

Ahhh, these, nice -

5-9001-Black_530db59d-01b3-4b6f-b71d-f4c5dcf7c431.jpg

Not an option for the short finger at Pediwear, and I did want the touch screen feature - 'cause I'm soft!

What’s wrong with Aussie made leather gloves

Find me a decent pair to look at?

Staying with @Mark1966’s cold weather theme, I’ve purchased several pairs of Lindner socks over the last few months. Aussie company using local merino wool - not cheap, but in my book, money well spent. Superb quality, warmth, and comfort. I favour the “loose top” variants, but the dress socks also excellent.

https://lindnersocks.com.au/

I've acquired a lot of pairs of gloves - my arthritis gives me most trouble when my hands get chilled. Possum-fur fingerless gloves are useful, as are most of the cycling/sailing/work gloves that are available. I suspect I might have to order my own Dent's gloves though, as no-one seems to be taking the hint. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to move somewhere warmer?

But then you get the heat ;)

An interesting CBR tradition is the defence force wives moving here from Darwin/Townsville and the like going BERSERK buying winter clothing ...

... only for it to end up in the op-shop 18 months later when they are transferred BACK to Darwin/Townsville ...

Very nice, Agent 66!
Staying with @Mark1966’s cold weather theme, I’ve purchased several pairs of Lindner socks over the last few months. Aussie company using local merino wool - not cheap, but in my book, money well spent. Superb quality, warmth, and comfort. I favour the “loose top” variants, but the dress socks also excellent.

https://lindnersocks.com.au/

Thanks mate, and funny you should mention Linder. They are a 'local' business for us and while I've not purchased from them yet I've had a look around their collection for next time. I've found with decent woolen socks that they may be a little more upfront but they are certainly much nicer to wear than cotton and do last

I've acquired a lot of pairs of gloves - my arthritis gives me most trouble when my hands get chilled. Possum-fur fingerless gloves are useful, as are most of the cycling/sailing/work gloves that are available. I suspect I might have to order my own Dent's gloves though, as no-one seems to be taking the hint. :rolleyes:

That was what inspired my purchase. the local AU Dents store is very expensive. After purchasing from Pediwear I found this place locally that seems to have a wide selection and better pricing than Dents. I've never used them but they might be worth checking out.