Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

Staying with @Mark1966’s cold weather theme, I’ve purchased several pairs of Lindner socks over the last few months. Aussie company using local merino wool - not cheap, but in my book, money well spent. Superb quality, warmth, and comfort. I favour the “loose top” variants, but the dress socks also excellent.

https://lindnersocks.com.au/
Great socks. I have several pair myself.

1ZsXFp6l.jpg

The only glove you need......
giphy.gif

Another pair of Dents gloves arrived for my son today - they really do provide great service!

In case you missed it -

8VNy9Mbl.jpg

Cool? I'm not sure, I will leave that to you to decide, BUT ...

G6h17bel.jpg

... I think that this will be a perfectly acceptable Christmas present for my hard to buy for parents!

Available, along with a number of other related offerings, here.

Cool? I'm not sure, I will leave that to you to decide, BUT ...

G6h17bel.jpg

... I think that this will be a perfectly acceptable Christmas present for my hard to buy for parents!

Available, along with a number of other related offerings, here.
Silo art is something that has taken off in a big way in the last few years. I know of a town near where I grew up that has done it and the resultant tourism has spawned a waffle shop that's now open on weekends when everything else in the town had closed down.

Another pair of Dents gloves arrived for my son today - they really do provide great service!

In case you missed it -

8VNy9Mbl.jpg

Merino or Touchscreen with Acrylic Cuff?

From recent trip to Melbourne and the snow I experienced how frustrating it is having to take a glove off to unlock and operate the phone especially when using your phone to navigate unknown streets, but Merino is my all time favourite cold weather under armour.

Thanks for the heads up @Mark1966 that local company you mentioned also has an eBay shop with free shipping and with glowing endorsement from @Gargravarr Dents gloves must be worth the investment.

8hdTfyS.png

Merino or Touchscreen with Acrylic Cuff?

From recent trip to Melbourne and the snow I experienced how frustrating it is having to take a glove off to unlock and operate the phone especially when using your phone to navigate unknown streets, but Merino is my all time favourite cold weather under armour.

Thanks for the heads up @Mark1966 that local company you mentioned also has an eBay shop with free shipping and with glowing endorsement from @Gargravarr Dents gloves must be worth the investment.

8hdTfyS.png

It would be an easy answer for me -

Dents Men's Classic Leather Gloves With 3-Point Stitch and 100% Cashmere Lining, or maybe

Dents Men's Cashmere Lined Handsewn Kangaroo Leather Gloves - Black, or possibly

Dents Men's Chelsea Cashmere Lined Leather Gloves.

Merino is nice, cashmere nicer!

I'm not a fan of the styling of the Henley (but each to his own) and then I read '50% Wool, 50% Acrylic Lining, Cuff 100% Acrylic' and that makes it a definite no for me

I'm not a fan of the styling of the Henley (but each to his own) and then I read '50% Wool, 50% Acrylic Lining, Cuff 100% Acrylic' and that makes it a definite no for me
+1 Same here, just like shaving brushes I like natural fibres.

...Maybe these Bowood | Men’s Silk Lined Touchscreen Leather Gloves - I'm told silk is exquisite AND warm.
Yep. The Dent's gloves I bought for my wife are silk lined, and they're beautiful. Pity they don't fit me. :rolleyes: I have been informed that the Dent's Devizes gloves that best suit me are utterly beyond the pale for what Mme Gargravarr would consider spending on a pair of gloves, which is interesting given that I wouldn't bat an eyelid at spending that on her. Oh well. :(

Yep. The Dent's gloves I bought for my wife are silk lined, and they're beautiful. Pity they don't fit me. :rolleyes: I have been informed that the Dent's Devizes gloves that best suit me are utterly beyond the pale for what Mme Gargravarr would consider spending on a pair of gloves, which is interesting given that I wouldn't bat an eyelid at spending that on her. Oh well. :(

Well that is rather disappointing!

Maybe though she went to the site to check them out and figured that you are the ruggedly handsome type and that this is not your aesthetic -

5-6001-Black_x600.jpg

It might be a blessing in disguise ...

Maybe though she went to the site to check them out and figured that you are the ruggedly handsome type and that this is not your aesthetic -

5-6001-Black_x600.jpg

Does the outfit come with the gloves as a package deal?

5-6001-Black_x600.jpg

You might have a point there. Perhaps I shouldn't be so shy about wearing my scruffiest oil-stained and battered rigger's gloves when we're going out together...