Group Organised Buy: Jabonman Soaps

It does sound a bit YKWish.
I think it's a good idea. Group Buys can easily go wrong. You're dealing with a lot of money and it means you need to have a certain amount of trust in the organiser. Here at P&C we are growing and it's going to mean that it'll be harder to know everyone well.

There are very little rules or imposition at P&C which makes for a casual and friendly place. However you'll always need some rules (or principles) in place in order to safeguard people and promote decorum. I think that our administrator is slowly and carefully placing safe boundaries in place to take into account the growing nature and needs of this site. It's a good thing... He just needs a friendly PR person. [emoji11]
(And maybe lots of similes...[emoji4])

It does sound a bit YKWish.

Nope, it is very OCAU though. It's the 'Agg Approval Rule' which has been in place there for a number of years now. We discuss, a couple of checks & balances of the whole thing, and make sure that you understand my expectations of you organising a group buy and the process that needs to be followed.

I think it's a good idea. Group Buys can easily go wrong. You're dealing with a lot of money and it means you need to have a certain amount of trust in the organiser. Here at P&C we are growing and it's going to mean that it'll be harder to know everyone well.

Filo has a little more info on what I want to achieve, as do the mod team. We just want to bring a considered plan out rather than making large changes to it in the first 12 months - although we expect that we will need to make small changes to accommodate the membership. Although it seems a bit drastic and heavy right now, the approval rule will be permanent but the end 'system' I think most of you will be fairly pleased at the end result.

Anyway, in true P&C style we are completely off topic. I ask that everyone holds tight and waits for the Group Buy forum to go live for the full info.

BOT

Why is that box of soaps sitting in the Spanish postal centre?!? It's as bad as AusPost!

@NowNicked, what were you saying earlier about postal worker strikes happening in Spain...? [emoji6]

They are going to be my Easter present to myself

I emailed Manuel about the tardiness of the Spanish posties and he said that the tracking is hit & miss. I don't know whether to be pleased that the soaps could already be almost here... Or disturbed that the tracking is as good as a dead homing pidgeon. AusPost must have learnt their dark arts from the Spanish...

So... we continue to wait...

Patient you be young one

What's with the new avatar image mate ?
I'm trying to work that one out too... Is it meant to be a spider monkey stretching?! Or a Meerkat doing gymnastics?! Or one of those lemurs from Madagascar??!!!

I believe it's a Red Squirrel stretching/contorting with the message - "People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance".
I believe @Mark1966 has been picking his own mushrooms from the field for dinner again….

I believe it's a Red Squirrel stretching/contorting with the message - "People will stop asking you questions if you answer back in interpretive dance".
I believe @Mark1966 has been picking his own mushrooms from the field for dinner again….
Red squirrel was my next guess...

What happened to the slightly off horizon? At least this is more interesting...

I'm just glad he's changed it. The other one was as boring as an accountant that other accountants find boring.

I'm just glad he's changed it. The other one was as boring as an accountant that other accountants find boring.
Ouch. ([emoji38]!)

BOT

Número de envío: CC003565783ES
Fechas Estados
22/11/2014 Admitido
29/11/2014 Salida de la Oficina Internacional de origen

Translation: "Departure from the International Office of origin"

*Sigh*

I believe I'm owed at least one interpretive dance from @Mark1966
So where is it ?
Now that's two :p

So does that mean that it's finally on its way to Aus? Or is it just switching post offices?

So does that mean that it's finally on its way to Aus? Or is it just switching post offices?
It means it has left Spanish soil...
The last order from Spain I had took 9 days from this point to being in my hands. That's included being inspected by Customs. But then again, I think Stillsy had to wait another week for his order...
So anytime in the next two weeks! Possibly an early Christmas present.