I'm about to give up on the fat

I like MWF, but I find that it dries on my face. Even if I do one side at a time, it is hardening before I am finished.

Maybe it is the angry Italian blood running beneath...

I still use it on occasion. It is a nice, neutral scent as others have said.

Typical issue of insufficient water.
Keep dipping those tips and working the lather until it's glossy and heavy feeling in the brush head.

I had my first really good shave with MWF the other day, after many attempts I was not entirely happy with.
The two factors I think were significant were the use of a good boar brush, and pouring a thin layer of warm-hot water on the top of the puck (read this on another forum). The water dissipates into the soap, leaving a thin layer of very soft soap sludge which picks up immediately into the brush and gets the party started.

I have readed completely different opinions about this soap depending on who wrote about it... maybe there have been some issue with some batches?

I am planning to buy some samples from some of the european "classics" soon including it (MdC, SV etc..)... but i don't think I would get a full puck of it. I already feel guilty and only have 7 pucks (and another one bought today together with another splash and an EdP). so.. if I am starting to feel guilty... May next year be my first sabbatical trial (and failure?) ha ha. Do we have a facepalm smiley? I can't see it

I have readed completely different opinions about this soap depending on who wrote about it... maybe there have been some issue with some batches?

I am planning to buy some samples from some of the european "classics" soon including it (MdC, SV etc..)... but i don't think I would get a full puck of it. I already feel guilty and only have 7 pucks (and another one bought today together with another splash and an EdP). so.. if I am starting to feel guilty... May next year be my first sabbatical trial (and failure?) ha ha. Do we have a facepalm smiley? I can't see it
:facepalm: MWF always seems to spark fierce debate. I personally find it fussy, others love it to death. That's wet shaving.

:facepalm: MWF always seems to spark fierce debate. I personally find it fussy, others love it to death. That's wet shaving.

Actually, for some products-brands like MWF or prorasso etc, it is sometimes a bit of football- soccer stuff :D

Actually, for some products-brands like MWF or prorasso etc, it is sometimes a bit of football- soccer stuff :D
Woah Sealer - don't get me started! It is always FOOTBALL. :punch:
The "S" word is just Seppo BS.
and RIP to the great man - Les Murray.

and RIP to the great man - Les Murray.

Yep, don't want to start because even if I am not a big fan of watching sports on TV, my granddaddy was an awesome football player, I mean, this sport that is based on moving a ball with the feet, as it very name suggest ;) . He did even play in the Brazilian world cup more than 50 years ago within the Spanish selection, and won a hell of trophies with the basque team "Athletic club of Bilbao". That team is still called "The king of cups" and their stadium still holds the un-official name of the Cathedral of football on behalf of the good old times before professional sport became all about money and hiring the most expensive sportsmen of the world :happy:

Tough, I never played ball with him, I was too young yet at the time he left us :unsure:

Last edited:
I agree with Tom here - I have heard it said elsewhere that in the 70s and 80s soccer was used by the majority even in the UK, but having grown up there in that era and having attended over 400 matches I can *un*equivocally state that is complete BS.

In the UK they call that a Marmite subject. You either love it or hate it. Marmite to their credit embraced the hatred, and even ran a series of adverts about it - an example of which is below.

Wouldn't really work out here though as everyone except my family seems to adore Vegemite.

I didn't love the fat - mainly because the scent is so weak and bland. It lathered up fine, but I didn't really notice the face feel after the shave that others rave about.

I didn't love the fat - mainly because the scent is so weak and bland. It lathered up fine, but I didn't really notice the face feel after the shave that others rave about.

You're not a chosen one!! :p
MWF brotherhood must be a No Keith (and no Homer) club! :D

God i miss Vegemite! :(

How are you getting on with the synthetics?

How are you getting on with the synthetics?
I'm not.
However not in the way you would think. I just haven't tried either of them yet as I managed to leave them in the office over the weekend.
They appear to be the same knot type, but the razorock appears to have a lot more backbone than the rather floppy Stirling.
I think I am going to prefer the Razorock as it feels more like the Omega boar I've been using for the most part of 5 years, but only usage will tell.

I'm not.
However not in the way you would think. I just haven't tried either of them yet as I managed to leave them in the office over the weekend.
They appear to be the same knot type, but the razorock appears to have a lot more backbone than the rather floppy Stirling.
I think I am going to prefer the Razorock as it feels more like the Omega boar I've been using for the most part of 5 years, but only usage will tell.

You're probably right but don't put any thoughts in your mind as you may end up loving the Stirling.

I've got synthetics with all different characteristics and i find i enjoy all of them as the resulting lather is awesome... Just a different face feel during lathering.

You're probably right but don't put any thoughts in your mind as you may end up loving the Stirling.

I've got synthetics with all different characteristics and i find i enjoy all of them as the resulting lather is awesome... Just a different face feel during lathering.
Used the Stirling brush for the first ever use of a synth last night - I can now see how people use up so much soap with big brushes as I accidentally way overloaded (luckily it was just Proraso), and had enough lather to shave my entire body for two passes if I had so wanted.
Took me longer than usual to get the lather to the right consistency, but I think that's just because I had way too much soap on it.

... had enough lather to shave my entire body for two passes if I had so wanted. ...

So you do only one pass across your entire body?

Used the Stirling brush for the first ever use of a synth last night - I can now see how people use up so much soap with big brushes as I accidentally way overloaded (luckily it was just Proraso), and had enough lather to shave my entire body for two passes if I had so wanted.
Took me longer than usual to get the lather to the right consistency, but I think that's just because I had way too much soap on it.

To share my experience... i do 3 passes and used to load about 20-25 seconds with my boar brushes... i load about 7 seconds with the synthetics!!

The fact that the fibres absorb literally no water means you don't need to shout them a drink! Whereas natural hair brushes require a lot more soap to make so much lather that even after the brush has had its share, there's enough for the shave.

I'm not arguing which is better for others as everyone has their preferences, but this is the main reason why you end up overloading the synthetic compared to the boar.

Alright I think I'm on my way towards mastering the fat :coffee:

I've now managed two, count 'em one, two pretty good lathers using my tap water. I've accomplished this with the yaqi behemoth 30mm black synthetic (gamechanger/boss type fibres) and with my TurnNShave 24mm boss so it might be that that style of fibre is more conducive to lathering the fat. I will continue my experimentation with my tuxedo style synthetics.

Alright I think I'm on my way towards mastering the fat :coffee:

I've now managed two, count 'em one, two pretty good lathers using my tap water. I've accomplished this with the yaqi behemoth 30mm black synthetic (gamechanger/boss type fibres) and with my TurnNShave 24mm boss so it might be that that style of fibre is more conducive to lathering the fat. I will continue my experimentation with my tuxedo style synthetics.
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Well done mate, I tip my hat to you! I gave up my attempt to master it.