January 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SDny1cS.jpg

A mail call of MdC, Mystic Water and 'some Italian shave cream' made for a welcome start to the week :)

I use that layrite @Korbz, love the water base and the Vanilla notes - a really good product!

Arr good. You've just saved me from buying it. I'll stick to Lemon Party thanks.

Well, there is some spice in the 1805 and it differs from LP in that regard, it's aroma chemical based as a scent but it's still very nice - I would go both if I were you ;)

Got a couple of packages this week and opened them this morning.

Sadly one of the PAA aftershaves I purchased from @Sxot leaked despite his excellent taping of the caps. I'm going to assume it was vigorous auspost shaking. So the labels did rub away but not too much juice was lost... and I now have very sexy smelling bubble wrap. I'm liking Malbolge! @shavetheman sent the matching soaps and a B&M Lavanille, which is by far the most expensive soap I've purchased yet. Everything smells excellent and I look forward to using it!

Oh, and via eBay for bugger all money, I now own a tiny ladies "boudoir" DE razor. It's so small that I assume it shaved a pube a time? I hope it was only ever a novelty because blade alignment is a big challenge... but the blades seem sharp... so maybe. The baby ball-end handle is a delight.

iuVsA21.jpg

Part 1 of the Valobra order from Mens Biz and fortunately it's theFougère which I look forward to giving a run on the park :)

People often say mensbiz charges a little more, which may be true but the appeal of ordering one day and receiving the next just cannot be beaten. I'm used to a 1 to 2 week wait as most of my purchases come from Europe or the US.

f0abca01f20bd1a5753ff164d603cc5c.jpg
136ce2018301b6066db9a0d3a5173369.jpg

Special mail call today. Never thought I would ever own one. They look more amazing in person.

Big thanks to @nsavage for the help in obtaining this amazing piece from James, mate it was an amazing gesture on your part and is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Washpool Farms, complete with environmentally sound "bubble" wrap!.

5ce92ce53f0d3aec193016a612f89456.jpg

The large bag is 1kg of random soap seconds/end of run etc for $30.

Men's grooming bar is a sample. Supposed to be a one soap does all body/hair/shave. But is it a jack of all trades, master of none? We will see.

Special mail call today. Never thought I would ever own one. They look more amazing in person.

Big thanks to @nsavage for the help in obtaining this amazing piece from James, mate it was an amazing gesture on your part and is greatly appreciated.

Now THAT is sweet!

Hearty congratulations! What a stunning piece of kit.

iuVsA21.jpg

Part 1 of the Valobra order from Mens Biz and fortunately it's theFougère which I look forward to giving a run on the park :)

People often say mensbiz charges a little more, which may be true but the appeal of ordering one day and receiving the next just cannot be beaten. I'm used to a 1 to 2 week wait as most of my purchases come from Europe or the US.
Love Valobra.

Status
Not open for further replies.