July 2013 Member Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw your bid history - 59 bids in 30 days on 39 items would work out quite expensive if you won them all.

Thankfully it doesn't show what you have bid on, just which category.

I just saw your bid history - 59 bids in 30 days on 39 items would work out quite expensive if you won them all.

Thankfully it doesn't show what you have bid on, just which category.

Gee - that many!

I found it a little scary that you could get that much information so easily.

It is scary. Although we all think of Mark as a regular bloke with slightly excentric collecting habits, he is in fact a completely disconnected, bearded recluse living only with a computer in the back of his man cave at home surrounded by endless shelves of shaving paraphernalia. To keep him alive, which is evidenced only by the occasional overheard "Gollem like" utterances, his distraught family shoves food through a doggy door hatch and with much hand wringing await the inevitable debt collectors followed by the men in white.

They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa.
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa.

To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy
to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming
to take me away, ha-haaa!!!

To the happy home, with razors and blades and brushes too and other
collectors who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes and they're
coming to take me away, ha-haa!!!

To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time... (fade out)

[With apologies to Jerry Samuels, AKA Napoleon XIV]

BTW - I'm now connected to the NBN. I'm only on a 25/5 plan at present but I could go to 100/40. Imagine what things would be like then ...

So I picked up a slim off my Dad when he was down and we traded a few things.

Also got this, which I may not use but still suits my other pursuits appropriately
null_zps6e5ff5d8.jpg

And me!

Are we the only people in the world looking for these? We really should talk to each other more, could have saved quite a few $.

NAH - we should make Pj pay for stealing them!

I do have a few spare though ....

and some Spoilers ...

and some pre-Spoilers ...

And me!

Are we the only people in the world looking for these? We really should talk to each other more, could have saved quite a few $.

This is true. I actually stopped looking for them. This was the first time in months I actually looked at ebay, put a fairly low ball bid up and forgot about it until I got a message that I'd won it. I can always do with a few more. I'm in for a combined takeover of the world's supply of Shicks. If there's a motherload up for sale I'll put my hand up for some.

I do have a few spare Spoilers ... and some pre-Spoilers ...

???

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

???

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Yeah I'll post pics and a sale thread soon :D

I've been looking for a couple of weeks, did you see the 40 blade lot that went a couple of days ago, final bid was about $20. The postage was $28,40 Vintage Unused Schick Double Edge Razor Blades Plus Platinum | eBay

A look at the bid histroy reveals something interesting, got any news Mark?

Oh yeah, they look familiar ....

Last edited:
Are any of those good deals compared to what you paid previously?

The last one is a bargain 180 blades, currently at $50. The last big lot I bought I paid about $0.75/blade delivered.

I promise I wont bid against you.

You could always get it shipped to gthomas's son and have him ship to you? I think Glenn made that offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.