July 2013 Member Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
All yours Glen. They are already over the Aud$100 mark so once you add two sets of postage plus shipito's fees they are too rich for me.

It looks like they've done a bit of friendly jousting and are now hiding behind the nearest hedge ready to snipe the hell out of each other. If it stays at $100 even with postage fees it'll be an absolute bargain. If I was bidding I'd set my max at $130-140 mark. Like the way we're discussing a live auction. That's the way it should be. Never really understood the fanatically enforced "no live auction" rule.

I'm out, not that I have actually bid, if they were Schicks I'd go a bit further.

Will be interesting to see how it ends.

..........if they were Schicks I'd go a bit further..............

Same here.

..........Will be interesting to see how it ends.

Not well I'd suggest. With all the packaging it's like honey for the collector. I'm sure there are many of them who'd love to have a surreptitiously placed open store box showing a dozen NOS Spoiler cards on a shelf of their display cabinet. If o***u isn't the last bidder I'm sure he'll be in the running.

Last edited:
You are not wrong. US$178 was the final tally.

If these went this high I wonder how much the personna 74s well end up at.

Last edited:
Are the White Plat's the same as the 'Maltese' ones that Nick sold a bunch of last year?

Yeah a Gillette white and blue pack.

I found this image on the net, it's not mine, but these are what I mean when I refer to Gillette White Plats.

g_platinum.jpg

Looking forward to trying lots of new things :)

(Apparently the Arko in the jar is a new formula too).

Last edited:
Looking forward to trying lots of new things :)

(Apparently the Arko in the jar is a new formula too).

You mean ARKO! Provided it still has that wonderful lemony scent it's a good thing. That's a lot of blades. What's the Kapo?

Kapo is a bulgarian shaving cream, supposed to be alright.

I'd be interested to know what mr626 thinks of it too.

In lieu of the spoilers that we all missed out on over the weekend, I have splashed the cash on another risky proposition.

50 Punktal Royal blades from the cold war period for the princely sum of $4.33 + postage. I have no idea why I went for these, but we shall soon see if they were any good.
I can only see one reference to them elsewhere, which says they were disappointed because they were only a little bit better than Astra SPs.

Punktal.JPG

In lieu of the spoilers that we all missed out on over the weekend, I have splashed the cash on another risky proposition.

50 Punktal Royal blades from the cold war period for the princely sum of $4.33 + postage. I have no idea why I went for these, but we shall soon see if they were any good.
I can only see one reference to them elsewhere, which says they were disappointed because they were only a little bit better than Astra SPs.

Punktal.JPG

Never heard of them but they look delightfully death-metal-esque!

You boys have been so busy - putting me to shame!

Just an FYI, you may want to see if this interests you. Just received this email from a scent source that I had used in the past. Free Shipping Worldwide !
Subject: Free Worldwide Shipping* - 1 Day Only
Reply-To: info@fragrancenet.com

Free Worldwide Shipping* - 1 Day Only
Click here
Free Worldwide Shipping* - 1 Day Only

You boys have been so busy - putting me to shame!

Are Vintage Wilkinsons any good?
I am (hopefully) buying some other vintage blades, and he has 110 of these for $40 BIN too.

Are Vintage Wilkinsons any good?
I am (hopefully) buying some other vintage blades, and he has 110 of these for $40 BIN too.

No idea myself. The person who probably knows (RM) or knows a person who does is currently drowning himself Russian vodka.

Well I've just picked this little lot up for a fairly good price to my mind.
il_570xN.474350203_9a3u.jpg

and these, which may not be quite such a good deal.
index.png

The blues will almost definitely go back on ebay unless someone wants a pack as a curio? But I think I now have enough blades to last me a very long time. Unless those Vintage Wilkinsons are also worth picking up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.