July 2013 Member Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
AS long as you dont want it too quickly. I am still waiting on my Slick Schicks from awhile ago!

You should whip him in to shape a bit Glenn! He should feel honoured that his dad and possibly his dad's obscure shaving forum buddies entrust him with hordes of e-bay purchases for him to post to Australia.

The options are twisting GT's arm on behalf of his son, finding a friend on B&B to ship to Australia or using a forwarding service.

I've done all three - it is just money!

I didn't think GT's son would be too impressed if he was getting packages every week from strange, demanding, weirdos from the other side of the globe.

Once in a while for something a bit special, maybe, but not on a regular basis.

Then again if all the spoilers last 10 shaves each, 180 blades would be 1800 shaves, and considering I only shave every other day at max that would equal a 10 year supply!

I hadn't thought about freight forwarding though. For some reason I just think of that as an Amazon thing.

Last edited:
...........Then again if all the spoilers last 10 shaves each, 180 blades would be 1800 shaves, and considering I only shave every other day at max that would equal a 10 year supply!..........

I've stopped doing those calculations because you come to the inevitable conclusion no matter how old you are that you've probably got a lifetime, or something approaching that, supply of everything. It's just depressing.

I've stopped doing those calculations because you come to the inevitable conclusion no matter how old you are that you've probably got a lifetime, or something approaching that, supply of everything. It's just depressing.

There are some P74s (60) for sale out there too. But at $2 a pop starting price for the auction, I don't think I will be bidding.

Oh, and the first auction I linked to yesterday has been purchased already. Which one of you was it? *Eyes Suspiciously*

Not me! [plus padding]

I've taken a punt on some vintage french Gillettes. Couldn't find much about them except for one review which said they were pretty good. I'm guessing at 2 francs for 5 blades they must be 1980s era at least, and hopefully they are pretty nice. If not Pjotr can have a sample or two for his non MUM blade collection.
frenchie.png

Hopefully the dropbox link will work, if not I will post it to imgur.

No. They are inoxydable. Which hopefully doesn't mean blue. But I do spy some bleue couleur on the packets

Interesting! Are they repackaged Spoilers or something?

I sure hope so, although over at that other place there is a blade with inoxydable in its name which appears to be universally reviled, so hopefully its not that one.

Just did a head count.

58 pk voskhods
10 pk polsilver iridium
28 pk gillette white plat
6 or 7 other assorted packs of blades.

I need to buy more blades and fast.

Last edited:
Anyone onto these? I prefer vintage Schicks but they are going cheap with 20 hours to go.

Still sorely tempted, just not worked out how to get them to Aus.

Not bid yet, and I expect them to go a fair bit higher before the end, and they are already at AUS 50c per blade.

Last edited:
Still sorely tempted, just not worked out how to get them to Aus.

Not bid yet, and I expect them to go a fair bit higher before the end, and they are already at AUS 50c per blade.

If you can land them for 80-90c/blade you're doing OK.

All yours Glen. They are already over the Aud$100 mark so once you add two sets of postage plus shipito's fees they are too rich for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.