July 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Discussion started by Mark1966, Jul 1, 2018.

1. SnowedAway

SnowedAway Member

@gabba32 Where did you buy those samples from? They look intriguing!

I reveived my first shaving mail call in aeons! Have really been enjoying my r89 which I bought from @Cris a couple of months ago (been having the best shaves of my life!!!) and splashed out on a nice aftershave which is something I've always wanted, plus these soaps/cream:
    [​IMG]

2. Rami

Rami Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

Could always test it for him

3. SnowedAway

SnowedAway Member

I have a question because in many ways I'm still a newbie to this - is it generally advised to buy an aftershave with its matching soap, or is it fine to use a particular aftershave as a stand-alone? Either way I'm super excited about my first APR product (actually apart from TOBS those are firsts in all of the brands :p)

fruityasu likes this.
  4. SnowedAway

SnowedAway Member

addendum: just occurred to me that the word 'neophyte' is a better fit than 'newbie' lol

gabba32, Mark1966 and fruityasu like this.
  5. Snooze

Snooze Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

Nice razor @Pbgoose (y)

Pbgoose, LukehGee and fruityasu like this.
  6. LukehGee

LukehGee Member

When did you place your order @Rami? I placed my order on the 22/06. Suspect I'll be waiting a while. Expected this though.

SpeedyPC and fruityasu like this.
  7. Young Buck

Young Buck Member

Varlet Ranger 27mm Alpine Grade with carbon black alumilite handle...:cool:

[​IMG]

todras, 58RW, alfredus and 8 others like this.
  8. LukehGee

LukehGee Member

I prefer to have matching sets, or atleast match the scent notes where I can. But I notice a lot of people don't stick to that formula.

That Ozymandias will go great with the Spitfire I think. I have never tried the Seville, but being a barber shop scent, I guess it would pair ok with most things as well?

todras, gabba32, fruityasu and 2 others like this.
  9. fruityasu

fruityasu smashes all the likes 2018 Charity Auction Winner

Sweet looking brush there @Young Buck....

58RW and Young Buck like this.
  10. Rami

7th of June.

SpeedyPC and fruityasu like this.
  11. 58RW

58RW Member

fruityasu likes this.
  12. pvsampson

pvsampson Member

Can't remember where,but there was a posting that he,Chris, is away on holidays for a couple of weeks.He did state there was someone running the machines whilst he was away to catch up on manufacture.

Rami and fruityasu like this.
  13. Rami

Yep

fruityasu likes this.
  14. UKSteve

UKSteve doesn't like banners

Xerjoff Richwood and Kampuchea Noir Attars arrived today. A couple of reserve B&M Sinfonia’s, a greatly underrated soap.

todras, Razor Burn, fruityasu and 2 others like this.
  15. gabba32

gabba32 New Member 2018 Charity Auction Winner

@SnowedAway The soap samples came from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements website

fruityasu and SnowedAway like this.
  16. Nico

Nico Member 2018 Charity Auction Winner

Somehow Mr Bradley knows we are all awesome. Enjoy the razor Speedy.
    Cheers
    N

Dustin L, SpeedyPC, LukehGee and 2 others like this.
  17. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Active Member Grand Society 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2018 Charity Auction Winner

Sorry, @Rami I was in a hurry yesterday afternoon getting ready for Lodge, I didn't have much time to answer your question correctly sorry about that.

I ordered my full set of CB Karve razor on the 25th May and the package was sent on the 24th June, that's nearly a whole month waiting for my CB Karve razor and was shipped on the 24th June and takes 17 days for International shipping to arrive in the Land of OZ into my Australian Post parcel locker for me to collect yesterday.

gabba32 and fruityasu like this.
  18. cactusjack

cactusjack Member

Two days ago I finally received my Rockwell 6C (stupidly slow shipping, thanks DHL) I wont bother posting a pic as you all know what it looks like :)
    But I must say after 2 shaves i am very impressed. 3 days growth on plate 3 and an Astra blade and it just mowed the stubble down. The area of my neck that gets usually irritated did not flare up at all. After 3 passes I can say its probably the closest and best shave I have had in a long time. Believe the hype

19. Rami

All I wanted is the shipping duration. And you answered exactly what I needed to know. I placed my order a while ago already.

All good.

gabba32, fruityasu, lerenau and 2 others like this.
  20. gabba32

gabba32 New Member 2018 Charity Auction Winner

It's Arrived!
    [​IMG]
    EJ DE89(with a feather blade) and Col Conk brush and razor stand.

Razor Burn, no47, Young Buck and 10 others like this.