July 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm how about a whisky soap? Islay.
highland_bothy.jpg

Highland Bothy is handmade in Scotland in small batches. The fragrance captures the scent of a welcoming Highland Bothy's peat open fire. Earthy, Smoky, Woody with a faint aroma of Single Malt Scotch Whisky perfectly describes this Essence of Scotland fragrance. Enriched and enhanced with Vetiver, Cedarwood, Mixed Spices, Natural Honey, Beeswax and Aberfeldy Single Malt Whisky, a totally unique shaving soap scent

Ylww4B6.jpg

Mail call today after some initial delays - Thanks AusFarce & @Tony Forsyth + @Srdjan

IMG-20200720-180527.jpg
IMG-20200720-180718.jpg

I'm overwhelmed with how the newer Chameleon malle burl holographic hybrid brush has turned out as pictures really don't do it any justice. I am indebted to Tony for his customer service and dedication in making things right after the first brush split. If you have been following Tony on YT you would see that he has dedicated a lot of his time and operating practices to ensuring that the hybrid brushes meet his highest standards and I am extremely happy to have not just one but two Rhodium knotted brushes in my collection! Not sure which I like more as the Green swirl one looks and feels just as nice... :love: Thanks so much mate you're a true legend! (y)

Last edited:
Mail call today after some initial delays - Thanks AusFarce & @Tony Forsyth + @Srdjan

IMG-20200720-180527.jpg
IMG-20200720-180718.jpg

I'm overwhelmed with how the newer Chameleon malle burl holographic hybrid brush has turned out as pictures really don't do it any justice. I am indebted to Tony for his customer service and dedication in making things right after the first brush split. If you have been following Tony on YT you would see that he has dedicated a lot of his time and operating practices to ensuring that the hybrid brushes meet his highest standards and I am extremely happy to have not just one but two Rhodium knotted brushes in my collection! Not sure which I like more as the Green swirl one looks and feels just as nice... :love: Thanks so much mate you're a true legend! (y)

Nice looking brushes.
I watched Tony's 2 hour + video and was amazed at the handicrafted workmanship that goes into making these brushes. Totally different to the mass mould pour and machine finished method. Going through the grits to achieve clarity and shine in the acrylic takes time, and Tony took no shortcuts.

Very Impressed, I ordered my first TF Customs Brush.

Nice looking brushes.
I watched Tony's 2 hour + video and was amazed at the handicrafted workmanship that goes into making these brushes. Totally different to the mass mould pour and machine finished method. Going through the grits to achieve clarity and shine in the acrylic takes time, and Tony took no shortcuts.

Very Impressed, I ordered my first TF Customs Brush.
Congratulations on obtaining one of Tony's masterpieces as each brush is truly one of a kind! Its always great supporting local artisans during normal times but even more so now, so well done! Personally, I find the YT streams both therapeutic and educational :) Looking forward to seeing some pics and SOTD posts once it arrives. Happy shaves! (y)

how do you like the scent?
I won't be sure until I lather it up, but off the dry puck it's a full-on really filthy, funky rose scent. Not necessarily in a bad way, just that it'll take me a bit of time to adjust. For some reason, there are very few soaps I've loved at first sniff. Maybe I'm just hard to please. Anyway, I'll try it out tomorrow and get back.

New brush acquisition while I wait for TF Customs, and a Wolf Whiskers brush.
CRD Hybrid Red Dragons Egg with a 26mm motherload knot. My face can't wait fto splay that super soft knot.

11h7HKx.jpg
Congrats with the brush as it looks amazing and soft!

Out of curiosity, where do these ship from as can't find anything on their website?
Well I've been advised that shipping to Australia has been suspended due to Covid-19...? The seller has 3 orders for OZ and was offering to send them to me and then I'd forward them on as Express postage is too expensive...? Apparently there's a free box in it for me but not sure the logistics involved and how safe it is sending razor blades with Auspost...?

Well I've been advised that shipping to Australia has been suspended due to Covid-19...? The seller has 3 orders for OZ and was offering to send them to me and then I'd forward them on as Express postage is too expensive...? Apparently there's a free box in it for me but not sure the logistics involved and how safe it is sending razor blades with Auspost...?

I ordered from wizamet as well, and received the same email.
You don't need to forward them on as express, just has to have tracking to forward on to the recipients.

Razor blades are no issues with Auspost.

FYI I received 2 x items from Turkey in 12 days normal Turkish post and no issues.

There is a serious BS postal monopoly issues and New government tariffs coming out of North America and Europe. Its all about money and nothing to do with COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.