June 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shout out to the Eggman @eggbert - this was a domestic find, so just about kept to my cost per blade rule of thumb.

EF9B88B8-C6C3-4327-AA5A-390B009F3F46_zps9gujyndk.jpg
You can't blame me for them! I only told you about some vintage Rubies.

http://thewhiskylibrary.co.nz/shop/japanese-whisky/nikka-gold-samurai-edition/
I've an almost linear family tree due to shit leaving me no choice but cut the deadwood, yet luckily I've one cousin.
She recently went to Japan and purchased this for me sight unseen (I had requested a Hibiki 21 y/o, yet they were out of stock, so she got this in lieu).
Held up my part of the bargain, to pay for it
Managed to get change from $100 for it, am mighty stoked :)
Told my cousin she did an awesome job.

Must visit Japan ...

Must visit Japan ...
Highly recommended, loved the cities and shopping blah,blah,blah but when you get out to the towns it really is a spectacular country.

Ordered a pair of these KZ ATE (with mic) headphones a few weeks back - arrived last week however I was away. Returned home to find them waiting. Initial testing shows while they do not match the 'known premium' brands of IEMs, for a dual-armature IEM priced at under $14 delivered they are incredible value and sound pretty damn good. On the down side the bass is a bit muddy but c'mon $14 delivered!!!! Gave them 45 minuites of break-in pink noise and next I will throw a couple of cycles of frequency bands at them to see how they open up.

I also got the higher end KZ ZST's as well, for under $30 delivered. These are getting pretty good reviews so far from various headphone communities and priced around the same as the previous 'value darlings' of the scene - the Xiaomi Piston 3's. Haven't cracked these open yet.

Will post the duty free grog in the other thread (y)

Ordered a pair of these KZ ATE (with mic) headphones a few weeks back - arrived last week however I was away. Returned home to find them waiting. Initial testing shows while they do not match the 'known premium' brands of IEMs, for a dual-armature IEM priced at under $14 delivered they are incredible value and sound pretty damn good. On the down side the bass is a bit muddy but c'mon $14 delivered!!!! Gave them 45 minuites of break-in pink noise and next I will throw a couple of cycles of frequency bands at them to see how they open up.

I also got the higher end KZ ZST's as well, for under $30 delivered. These are getting pretty good reviews so far from various headphone communities and priced around the same as the previous 'value darlings' of the scene - the Xiaomi Piston 3's. Haven't cracked these open yet.

Will post the duty free grog in the other thread (y)

Jeez...dual driver and detachable cables? Now that's a true bargain!

I'm pretty happy with my set-up...atrio's for music, sennheiser cx400 or Klipsch S4 with a Samsung bluetooth unit for the gym and UE200 for documentaries/listening in bed (where I might fall asleep on the earphones).

Might give the dual driver iem a go when I'm in Sydney next.

ccGMgf9.jpg

Definitely a numbers game this morning @Mark1966, I bet Accountants have far more complicated juvenile calculator pranks... ?

Mailcall from my pals at The Stray Whisker ala @shavetheman whose account has inexplicably been suspended ? @Monsta_AU

The Haslinger (its like MWF apparently) bath soap is bloody good, the body-lotion a gift for the wife with the Lavanille set being a justified purchase by the former :LOL:

ccGMgf9.jpg

Definitely a numbers game this morning @Mark1966, I bet Accountants have far more complicated juvenile calculator pranks... ?

Mailcall from my pals at The Stray Whisker ala @shavetheman whose account has inexplicably been suspended ? @Monsta_AU

The Haslinger (its like MWF apparently) bath soap is bloody good, the body-lotion a gift for the wife with the Lavanille set being a justified purchase by the former :LOL:

Oh I remember doing that! In primary school when we first got calculators ;)

Mind you - it does fit with the Woman Body Lotion you purchased ...

Oh I remember doing that! In primary school when we first got calculators ;)

Mind you - it does fit with the Woman Body Lotion you purchased ...

You know that feeling when you decide to rip on the accountancy profession about their proclivity for numbers, but end up walking right into something, well, this is one of those times :D

I've done very well of late with a lack of purchases (if you exclude the 3 custom SR's I have on order!!) but this week relieved a package from the stray whisker with a razor (DE89), a couple of TSW synth brushes etc. Only one item was for me (Rhapsody soap). One mate had asked me to get him a starter kit, the other wants to stay with carts (couldn't come at the DE start-up price) but wants APR soap. I gave the mate who I bought the kit for a quick lesson on Saturday and Sunday I got a string of sms's detailing his first shave progress. His final message was "great result. I'm hooked" If only he knew!!

Last edited:
I've done very well of late with a lack of purchases (if you exclude the 3 custom SR's I have on order!!) but this week relieved a package from the stray whisker with a razor (DE89), a couple of TSW synth brushes etc. Only one item was for me (Rhapsody soap). One mate had asked me to get him a starter kit, the other wants to stay with carts (couldn't come at the DE start-up price) but wants APR soap. I gate the mate who I bought the kit for a quick lesson on Saturday and Sunday I got a sting of sms's detailing his first shave progress. His final message was "great result. I'm hooked" If only he knew!!

Congrats! Your t-shirt is in the mail -

enabler_t_shirt-re020bc20853841b7b7fc576217a9f904_jy599_324.jpg

My mailbox ALL MONTH!

Very depressing - where is my shaving stuff :cry:

[picture posted especially for my friend @todras so that he can see what an empty mailbox looks like ... :LOL:]

My mailbox ALL MONTH

[picture posted especially for my friend @todras so that he can see what an empty mailbox looks like ... :LOL:]

Quiet day for me too, I am expecting a couple of pucks of Pre de Provence, Barristers Reserve Soaps, Sudsy Soapery Chatillon Lux, Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica Beta 4.3 (LE Tin) and a few other things so when a package came this morning I was excited but it was not to be... just a couple of backups.

KklmrTm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.