June 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
0OhOduR.jpg

Another soap lot out of the US landed...

• Mickey Lee Panty Dropper
  • Maggards London Barbershop Soap And Splash
  • Envy Shave Senbo
  • Elysium Soap and Splash
  • Rhapsody Soap
  • L&L Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender.

0OhOduR.jpg

• Envy Shave Senbo
  • Rhapsody Soap

You do realise that you are not meant to EAT shaving soap don't you?

You do realise that you are not meant to EAT shaving soap don't you?

I missed Elysium by 10 mins and needed another puck of Unconditional Surrender, the rest will most likely hit the B/S/T after the next US soap lot hits in the new week. The next lot has the Champs de Lavande soap I have been after for months, I thought it may arrive today but it was not to be.

You will need a wheelbarrow if you want to bring this stuff to the meet up :ROFLMAO:

It's just too much to bring, really... and there is no need to go giving people ideas either :D

I personally really enjoy Occams which is an Aussie shaving cream (unusual in itself). It's high quality and excellent, but it too isn't mentioned a lot.

Occam's has been out of stock on the website for a while now, and I heard mention that Darcy may have packed it in for good. I agree though, it's excellent cream.

Absolutely awesome mail call today!! Cris has kindly sent me this razor. And if I enjoy it, I can buy it. But wow is this thing a looker! .95 blade gap and looks like a monster. Keen to give it a whirl tomorrow. Angry I did a shave this morning! Also a mahoosive boar brush by Kent. Been shedding like a mofo though but beauty of a knot size
YQMApCk.jpg

0OhOduR.jpg

• Envy Shave Senbo
  • Rhapsody Soap
Will be keeping my eye out for a deal on the Rhapsody and whatever else you decide to let go :)

Let me know how the envy shave soaps go :)

I strongly doubt it will even get a look in tbh mate, I buy these lots for the soaps I miss out on that release LE in the US :)

Will be keeping my eye out for a deal on the Rhapsody and whatever else you decide to let go :)

The Rhapsody is unused so I may keep it as its discontinued and my two recent sets were the new style tub. The Micky Lee Panty dropper, envy Senbo and probably the Maggards Barbershop will hit the BST after I receive the next couple of lots from the US next week and have a chance to sort through it. The bloody guy who sent me this lot didn't fasten the caps on the splashes properly which really pisses me off. As you can imagine the splash leaked out of the packaging and stained, of all things, the Unconditional Surrender soap.

I strongly doubt it will even get a look in tbh mate, I buy these lots for the soaps I miss out on that release LE in the US :)

The Rhapsody is unused so I may keep it as its discontinued and my two recent sets were the new style tub. The Micky Lee Panty dropper, envy Senbo and probably the Maggards Barbershop will hit the BST after I receive the next couple of lots from the US next week and have a chance to sort through it. The bloody guy who sent me this lot didn't fasten the caps on the splashes properly which really pisses me off. As you can imagine the splash leaked out of the packaging and stained, of all things, the Unconditional Surrender soap.
Bloody hell. Such a shame about the splashes. That would infuriate me too. I've never had that issue yet :nailbiting:

IMG_0728_zpsgkvp8xjd.png

Just won this
I actually can't wait to get this, I had one of the slot head techs several years ago and it was a favourite shaver of mine but it was in rough condition, plus buying this means I can pass my other fat handle on to my buddy :) wins all round

Finally received a RR Bruce 24mm synth. I've wanted this brush for quite a while.
I basically only use a synth now (maggard 24mm), and wanted the Bruce for my daily driver.
I don't collect/rotate brushes so I think I'll be happy with this brush.

What bugs me is it costs us $15 to have a $10 brush shipped! There must be a profit margin on the shipping I reckon!

Occam's has been out of stock on the website for a while now, and I heard mention that Darcy may have packed it in for good. I agree though, it's excellent cream.
Ahhh, that would be sad indeed for Occams to disappear.
As a heads up, there is still the original Shave Cream available from Men's Biz. He had also been selling through them for the past year or so. Not sure how much they have left but it may be the only Occams left in the world!

Ahhh, that would be sad indeed for Occams to disappear.
As a heads up, there is still the original Shave Cream available from Men's Biz. He had also been selling through them for the past year or so. Not sure how much they have left but it may be the only Occams left in the world!

I was going to mention that, I dearly hope Darcy has not shut up shop as he had a world class product that looked fantastic (Both the original and the crushed lime). I am trying to get my hands on a bar of the original pre-shave soap (an excellent soap) but thus far no luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.