June 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quiet day for me too, I am expecting a couple of pucks of Pre de Provence, Barristers Reserve Soaps, Sudsy Soapery Chatillon Lux, Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica Beta 4.3 (LE Tin) and a few other things so when a package came this morning I was excited but it was not to be... just a couple of backups.

KklmrTm.jpg

I feel your pain.

Quiet day for me too, I am expecting a couple of pucks of Pre de Provence, Barristers Reserve Soaps, Sudsy Soapery Chatillon Lux, Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica Beta 4.3 (LE Tin) and a few other things so when a package came this morning I was excited but it was not to be... just a couple of backups.

KklmrTm.jpg
I find it so funny that you BUY your deodorant..

ccGMgf9.jpg

Definitely a numbers game this morning @Mark1966, I bet Accountants have far more complicated juvenile calculator pranks... ?

Mailcall from my pals at The Stray Whisker ala @shavetheman whose account has inexplicably been suspended ? @Monsta_AU

The Haslinger (its like MWF apparently) bath soap is bloody good, the body-lotion a gift for the wife with the Lavanille set being a justified purchase by the former :LOL:
Yep. Those soaps highly remind me of the fat. So much
Oh crap, I'd better get some then ...
My thoughts exactly, dammit :')

kZYBNog.jpg

I never see much love for this artisan on the forums and I'm not sure why, am I doing something wrong? :') very very brilliant soaps at good prices. Very zingy and acidic scents with less body which is very different to what I'm used to so I enjoy the switch up, anyone got any thoughts or reviews on wolfpac? Great little mail call. Just waiting for one from @Cris now which is very exciting ;) may or may not include some k Shaveworx and perhaps a new very premium razor. Any guesses? ;)

Finally, something to post in this thread -

Vintage 'butterscotch' Simpson 46. It is 'pure' badger in the sense of sterilised. A little smaller than I was expecting, I will check dimensions with my other '46' at home tonight and of the pink tinged type butterscotch brushes. Not sure if it will be a keeper or not.

Interestingly it is also marked with 'Cecil Jacobs Leicester' on the back of the handle -

A quick Google finds another brush marked similarly, here, a Simpson 88 Eagle, but what is odd is that searching 'Cecil Jacobs Leicester' shows that it was incorporated in 1912, and certainly had a store in
60 London Road Leicester, but recent media coverage of the company liquidation indicate it was a camera store. However one story provides some more detail of the history -

'Cecil Jacobs founded the business in 1939 when he opened a chemist shop in Melton Road, Leicester. He started selling cameras in his second shop in the city in the late 1940s.

Jacobs' son joined the company in 1975 and led a change of direction towards his passion for photography.'

Obviously the shaving brushes were sold through the original chemist shop!

I never see much love for this artisan on the forums and I'm not sure why, am I doing something wrong? :') very very brilliant soaps at good prices. Very zingy and acidic scents with less body which is very different to what I'm used to so I enjoy the switch up, anyone got any thoughts or reviews on wolfpac? Great little mail call. Just waiting for one from @Cris now which is very exciting ;) may or may not include some k Shaveworx and perhaps a new very premium razor. Any guesses? ;)
Enjoy! They are quality soaps.
WolfPac popped up just after Shaver Heaven stopped producing soaps, and at a time that many other newer Aussie soap makers started up or spread out a bit more. There are actually quite a few Aussie soap-makers that produce some darn good shaving soaps.
I personally really enjoy Occams which is an Aussie shaving cream (unusual in itself). It's high quality and excellent, but it too isn't mentioned a lot. Reasons like low or selective marketing, low to no activity in forums, range of products and more are factors that affect popularity.
If you enjoy them, write reviews and share about them online and in person. Personal reviews and sharing is the best way to promote a shave product.

Finally, something to post in this thread -
Vintage 'butterscotch' Simpson 46. It is 'pure' badger in the sense of sterilised. A little smaller than I was expecting, I will check dimensions with my other '46' at home tonight and of the pink tinged type butterscotch brushes. Not sure if it will be a keeper or not.
Interestingly it is also marked with 'Cecil Jacobs Leicester' on the back of the handle -
A quick Google finds another brush marked similarly, here, a Simpson 88 Eagle, but what is odd is that searching 'Cecil Jacobs Leicester' shows that it was incorporated in 1912, and certainly had a store in
60 London Road Leicester, but recent media coverage of the company liquidation indicate it was a camera store. However one story provides some more detail of the history -
'Cecil Jacobs founded the business in 1939 when he opened a chemist shop in Melton Road, Leicester. He started selling cameras in his second shop in the city in the late 1940s.
Jacobs' son joined the company in 1975 and led a change of direction towards his passion for photography.'

Obviously the shaving brushes were sold through the original chemist shop!
Love the history! Too bad that little fella won't be joining the selective Butterscotch Boys that like to hang (*ahem* stand) around the basin all day...

Enjoy! They are quality soaps.
WolfPac popped up just after Shaver Heaven stopped producing soaps, and at a time that many other newer Aussie soap makers started up or spread out a bit more. There are actually quite a few Aussie soap-makers that produce some darn good shaving soaps.
I personally really enjoy Occams which is an Aussie shaving cream (unusual in itself). It's high quality and excellent, but it too isn't mentioned a lot. Reasons like low or selective marketing, low to no activity in forums, range of products and more are factors that affect popularity.
If you enjoy them, write reviews and share about them online and in person. Personal reviews and sharing is the best way to promote a shave product.

Love the history! Too bad that little fella won't be joining the selective Butterscotch Boys that like to hang (*ahem* stand) around the basin all day...
Yep. Will definitely be posting some wolfpac stuff here :) love it

Yes, that Butterscotch Boys crew are a hard mob and even harder to please ...

Status
Not open for further replies.