June 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get the aftershaves over the pond?

I use a human courier.

Con at The Stray Whisker will have the full range in stock in a week or two I would say :)

Le Grand Chypre shares a lot of similarity to Winterfell from APR, but this is a bright citrus number that smells fantastic, it will see a lot of rotation in my roster come Spring and Summer and maybe even sooner to break up the doldrums of the heavy winter innings.

Last edited:
I use a human courier.

Con at The Stray Whisker will have the full range in stock in a week or two I would say :)
Gah! Of course!
I couldn't for the life of me work out how you had done it... :facepalm:

Sigh... No doubt Con will soon be taking yet more of my money.
My wife is starting to ask questions. :whistle:

A54E5345-7F3B-4F45-AA2C-F0F494EE27D7_zpsnjqj9njm.jpg

So when I received my 1967 Slim Gillette a week or two ago it came in its original case with its blade dispenser (blades inclusive). I haven't checked out the blades properly but don't recognise them. Does Gillette still make DE blades apart from 7 O'clock and Wilkinson?

I think the correct term is "aftershave trafficker"

That designation implies the conveyance, deal or trade in something illegal whereas a work colleague buying and legally transporting an aftershave is anything but.

The thought of shaving with just one razor for 3 weeks was just too much...so I had to get the last Mühle Rocca in this city and maybe for a while.

The store I visit in Vienna has a great connections to Mühle and hasn't been able to get some for a while and not looking good in the near to medium term either...

A54E5345-7F3B-4F45-AA2C-F0F494EE27D7_zpsnjqj9njm.jpg

So when I received my 1967 Slim Gillette a week or two ago it came in its original case with its blade dispenser (blades inclusive). I haven't checked out the blades properly but don't recognise them. Does Gillette still make DE blades apart from 7 O'clock and Wilkinson?
That's a beautifully presented razor mate, good buy!
Yes Gillette still make blades besides the Wilkis and the 7 o'clocks, my favourite blades intact;
-Gillette nacet
-Gillette silver blue
-Gillette Rubie
These three are, in my opinion about as sharp as feathers but a good deal smoother, basically the order shown is my preference.
I believe these are all made in the st Petersburg factory, excellent blades for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.