June 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full_Size_Render_10.jpg

Didn't have a chance to post until now, but I got these 2 from the beard n blade sale last week.
I'm lovin the Groom Mate @nav1 !

I received some goodies about a week ago.
Nothing amazing compared to the magic some of you guys post.
But, it's a little bit of shiny during a difficult couple of weeks at work.

After my Rockwell 6c got lost in the post, and then the replacement also disappeared somewhere near Chicago, I had lost all hope of ever seeing it*. As luck would have it, several of my orders (including the 6c) turned up within a couple of days of each other.
Note: Image taken very hastily after my 3yo threw an epic tantrum. One day I'll learn how to take nice pictures.

71uWdWc.jpg

Haul:
- Rockwell 6c Razor + stand
- Cologne Russe soap+a/s
- Washpool Farm Lanolin unscented soap
- TOBS Sandalwood cream
- Fine Santal a/s
- TSW Afterbalm
- Thayers Medicated
- Rockwell Razor Blades, pre-shave oil, soap, post-shave balm, and blade banks

I've now had two shaves with the 6c and I'll post my thoughts in the appropriate thread.
TL;DR It has already replaced my 34c. I love it.

*For the record, Rockwell were very helpful and I believe it was out of their control. I would deal with them again.

I received some goodies about a week ago.
Nothing amazing compared to the magic some of you guys post.
But, it's a little bit of shiny during a difficult couple of weeks at work.

After my Rockwell 6c got lost in the post, and then the replacement also disappeared somewhere near Chicago, I had lost all hope of ever seeing it*. As luck would have it, several of my orders (including the 6c) turned up within a couple of days of each other.
Note: Image taken very hastily after my 3yo threw an epic tantrum. One day I'll learn how to take nice pictures.

71uWdWc.jpg

Haul:
- Rockwell 6c Razor + stand
- Cologne Russe soap+a/s
- Washpool Farm Lanolin unscented soap
- TOBS Sandalwood cream
- Fine Santal a/s
- TSW Afterbalm
- Thayers Medicated
- Rockwell Razor Blades, pre-shave oil, soap, post-shave balm, and blade banks

I've now had two shaves with the 6c and I'll post my thoughts in the appropriate thread.
TL;DR It has already replaced my 34c. I love it.

*For the record, Rockwell were very helpful and I believe it was out of their control. I would deal with them again.
Nice haul! Tell me what do you think of the Rockwell blades?

Nice haul! Tell me what do you think of the Rockwell blades?
I actually haven't tried them yet! Everything else was new, so I wanted to stick to a blade I was familiar with. I'll likely have one more shave with the Feather and then I'll try a Rockwell.

... I'm actually a little scared to try them because I now have so many (110). What if I hate them? :nailbiting:

But I guess if it doesn't work out, I could always pif'em. In fact, I have so many I'll happily share some anyway. :)

I actually haven't tried them yet! Everything else was new, so I wanted to stick to a blade I was familiar with. I'll likely have one more shave with the Feather and then I'll try a Rockwell.

... I'm actually a little scared to try them because I now have so many (110). What if I hate them? :nailbiting:

But I guess if it doesn't work out, I could always pif'em. In fact, I have so many I'll happily share some anyway. :)
I actually have tried a few and am not a fan but I also don't like many of the popular blades.. keen to see what u think

Well.. I have gone and done it again! Why do I always seem to buy a hundred blades of an untried brand at a time? Why on earth can't I buy a pack of 5 or 10 and try them before buying a hundred of the buggers? This time it's Voskhods! I just hope they turn out to be better than the 100 Big Ben or some of the other centenopurchases I have rashly made! Does anyone else do this?

Well.. I have gone and done it again! Why do I always seem to buy a hundred blades of an untried brand at a time? Why on earth can't I buy a pack of 5 or 10 and try them before buying a hundred of the buggers? This time it's Voskhods! I just hope they turn out to be better than the 100 Big Ben or some of the other centenopurchases I have rashly made! Does anyone else do this?

Yes, bought 400 Polsilver SI's from a Bulgarian one night after 1 glass too many of a really nice single malt. I still have a few hundred left :D

The best place is the B/S/T here but we don't have a LOT of traffic. Other than that eBay is pretty much it or you scour local antique stores. Patience is a virtue!

Patience is a virtue........except when shopping for razors, especially vintage razors. They may not be there when you return from being patient. Jumped on the first decent looking Slim I could find after that last conversation and have been waiting (patiently) for it to arrive from OS ever since. Looks OK and seems to function smoothly. Taste test tomorrow (with accompanying pictures).
Thanks @Mark1966.

Yeah, 100/purchase makes sense. I can rationalise the purchase/freight charge with 100. 5 or 10 and I'd exercise restraint and not buy them. :)

Yes, bought 400 Polsilver SI's from a Bulgarian one night after 1 glass too many of a really nice single malt. I still have a few hundred left :D
Yeah, 100/purchase makes sense. I can rationalise the purchase/freight charge with 100. 5 or 10 and I'd exercise restraint and not buy them. :)

I'm pleased to know I'm not the only one to do this! Yes, it does make sense to buy a hundred at a time to save postage costs.... AS LONG AS the blades are any good!

wGmZsT1.jpg

Felce Aromatica 4.0 based on a recent stellar review and accompanying Italian Ash Wood bowl in Walnut. I have really wanted one of these for a while and saving on international shipping on the Tin version provided the ideal excuse. The quality of the wooden soap box is excellent, it has a great hand feel and a circular insert to ensure good purchase when pre-loading. All from The Stray Whisker :)

Superb fragrance from the puck, nice and strong from the Vegetal aftershave balm too. It will pair ideally with the yet to be announced spring LE Fougère from AP Reserve.

hyQCsuV.jpg

Special send from the US : Barristers Reserve Spice Soap&Splash, Le Grand Chypre Set, Couple of sets of Reserve Soap Samples, Reserve Splash Samples.

A set of the Reserve Soap + Splash samples will be sent down to @Mark1966 for the next traveling box :)

hyQCsuV.jpg

Special send from the US : Barristers Reserve Spice Soap&Splash, Le Grand Chypre Set, Couple of sets of Reserve Soap Samples, Reserve Splash Samples.

A set of the Reserve Soap + Splash samples will be sent down to @Mark1966 for the next traveling box :)
How do you get the aftershaves over the pond?

Also, would love to hear your thoughts on Chypre.

Status
Not open for further replies.