Lather Shots

This is probably the residual from the heart attack ;) but I now have a picture in my mind of a very tall @alfredus with lederhosen, a badger brush and tallow soap. :D

Just keep taking those blue pills mate - although maybe only one at a time in future!

733acb5f96d6927cda71be7d6972d175.jpg

Here, is a great specimen of the DR Harris Rose cream doing its thing.

Lovely red tinge to it. I wish I could just eat it, but @bald as says no...

IMG_4009.jpg

Meissner Tremona after face lathering for about 3 minutes. A little bit airy for mine, I was pushing it as far as it would go with water, but it still shaved beautifully, slippy and cushioning. There was much more lathery goodness on my face, but I guessed you didn't want to see that. Anyone else use this stuff? It's pretty special.

Thought I'd join in on my shave free day and test out how far I could stretch one of the vegan soaps - WSP Amber Vanille. So went about a palm lather, went to a point where I would normally use it, and then keep going. I now know, that I don't give this vegan soap enough credit for how much water it can take and still be stable, thick and slick, without washing out too much. (next time I'll break out the proper camera and resize a bit smaller)

About 5 swishes of water past my usual point

About 15 more on top of the last one

At that point I gave up and washed it away, because I'd never spend that amount of time on a lather in the mornings anyway, but did certainly learn that by using merkur man's method, slow adding, I can push it a lot further than I previously gave credit for.

What I have found testing the slickness by rubbing the fore finger and thumb together, the slickness doesn't reduce so much (although it does a little) the longevity of it does the wetter the soap gets. That is the length of time it takes to rub the slickness away completely. The lather is otherwise fine, looks, consistency etc, but the slickness goes as it gets past a certain hydration point.

What I have found testing the slickness by rubbing the fore finger and thumb together, the slickness doesn't reduce so much (although it does a little) the longevity of it does the wetter the soap gets. That is the length of time it takes to rub the slickness away completely. The lather is otherwise fine, looks, consistency etc, but the slickness goes as it gets past a certain hydration point.

Pretty much sums it up. I'm still happy with where I take my lathers to and didn't notice any benefit to the slickness taking it further. It produced more lather, that was a little thinner, but for no actual tangible gain. What I would say, is that the method used allowed for more water to be added whilst still producing a usable lather, than if you added it all in at once (and you'd never add too much because of how slowly it's added).

used a boar for a change today...

20160321_Omega49_MWJeffsLavenderS_zpslugmonnu.jpg

The lather was fantastic, but it took considerably longer - I guess because the brush doesn't hold that much water?

My Semogue 1800 is not a dense as my badgers, so that may be a factor, but I'm wondering how long you soaked it before use? My Semog does require a good long warm bath for best effect although not always necessary depending on the soap.

My Semogue 1800 is not a dense as my badgers, so that may be a factor, but I'm wondering how long you soaked it before use? My Semog does require a good long warm bath for best effect although not always necessary depending on the soap.
Definitely not an issue - soaked it for ~15min or even longer...

Very interesting thought @Sxot and @Korbz - any body else wants to chime in? The brush holds/produces a ton of lather though...

I've seen @Korbz used MWF and seen his lather, I'm asking any of you've guys got any MWF and I would like to see you're lather shot why? Because I don't have any issue using MWF as I created my lather in a bowl easy peasy, I've heard and read others shaving forum many wet shavers are having problem creating a lather using MWF, I was told the better way to create a perfect lather using MWF is use a bowl or hand never try to face lather as is doesn't do the job very well.

So that why I'm asking nicely if any of you've guys got any MWF and I would like to see you're lather shot, and to see you don't have any issue creating the lather.

Cheers ;)