Lather Shots

I'll join in. This was after face lathering Catie's Bubbles LTV
411e0bdfa5fbee04809608638ae75a2a.jpg

06dc48f2b8ab346c5820502bbc17c573.jpg
Is that your new Brad Sears brush? [emoji6]

Taking inspiration from meringue (because gelato doesn't work as a descriptor for me -but this would be a very personal thing) ...

You don't want foamy -

51b16354fb04d613160000f1._w.540_s.fit_.jpg

Do you want 'soft peaks' -

51b16357fb04d613000000dd._w.540_s.fit_.jpg

or more 'firm peaks' -

51b16351fb04d613160000f0._w.540_s.fit_.jpg

or 'stiff peaks' -

51b1635cfb04d613000000de._w.540_s.fit_.jpg

I'm probably shooting for 'firm' personally.

Thoughts of others?

Last edited:
Taking inspiration from meringue (because gelato doesn't work as a descriptor for me) ...

You don't want foamy -

51b16354fb04d613160000f1._w.540_s.fit_.jpg

Do you want 'soft peaks' -

51b16357fb04d613000000dd._w.540_s.fit_.jpg

or more 'firm peaks' -

51b16351fb04d613160000f0._w.540_s.fit_.jpg

or 'stiff peaks' -

51b1635cfb04d613000000de._w.540_s.fit_.jpg

I'm probably shooting for 'firm' personally.

Thoughts of others?
I feel qualified to reply as I used to be a chef.
Personally I'm going for soft peaks. If I blow on the lather there should be a little movement. A ripple if you will.
You're right about the foam. Definitely no bubbles.

Looks like my kitchen yesterday! Got to love making Pavs

Eating them even better ;)

Wow, we really are getting nerdy now aren't we? [emoji12] ROFLMAO

Well past nerdy now I suspect :rolleyes:

And, to take it further, exactly like meringue there should be a sheen to the lather.
Great analogy.

Yes, I think stiff peaks is too far, maybe soft/firm peaks - definitely a sheen.

This whole 'new' lathering process does remind me so much of making meringues!

Have you tried the new Select v2 yet or Oliva for that matter?
Sadly, not yet. I'm curious about Oliva (his Olive Oil soap) -and he even has just released a new, unique scent in the Oliva as well.
I've got a few tins of his v1 Select (which is superb). I'll wait until May when it's possible that it will be available locally. If that happens, it'll be a huge event (as currently it's only available direct from Larry via his website).

Aaaah home sweet home god I missed my bloody bare bed, any way loving all the great lather photo shots and I can't remember which forum & user was planning to make an Olive Oil Shaving Soap any idea's

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson H2 Boar
Soap/Cream: P.160 Professional Sapone Speciale Per Barba Tipo Morbido

Had some time to experiment and wanted to see how a classic 'unobtainium' soap stood up to my new found technique.

In the container I can see why people talk about this 'exploding' into lather -

This was after only a few swirls!

Probably not the best brush to experiment with as I'm still getting used to it - but this was the lather for the first pass at where I usually take things -

On my face, which I can't show you, the lather looked the goods, but was lacking in the glide department. Figured I would do some work before the second pass to improve it -

Looked better and worked better, more glide now! Certainly has those peaks and sheen of nice meringue :)

Thought I would still try pushing it further for the third 1/2 pass around the jawline -

Now this is what I see when @alfredus and @Osman post pics!

The blade really did glide across my face and I didn't feel it at all. Sensational lather produced an amazing shave result.

Thanks to the lathermeister for kicking this all off for me (y)

Aaaah home sweet home god I missed my bloody bare bed, any way loving all the great lather photo shots and I can't remember which forum & user was planning to make an Olive Oil Shaving Soap any idea's
@khun_diddy has but is waiting for it to cure. I think it's another 1-2 months to go...

Larry from Cold River Soap Works (CRSW) has a soap with a predominance of Olive Oil. It's called the Oliva soap range. You can only buy his soaps directly from his website.

Had some time to experiment and wanted to see how a classic 'unobtainium' soap stood up to my new found technique.
Great work! [emoji41]
(Those lovely butterscotch brothers are looking on enviously in the background...)

Thanks to the lathermeister for kicking this all off for me (y)
Indeed! And for services rendered to P&C @alfredus really needs that title bestowed upon him... [emoji23]

Great pics and beautiful butterscotch army in the background @Mark1966

Great pics and beautiful butterscotch army in the background @Mark1966

I'm not sure I would describe the pics as great - but hopefull informative and helpful.

The butterscotch family - or at least that weekly rotation part is nice :)