Lather Shots

I was told the better way to create a perfect lather using MWF is use a bowl or hand never try to face lather as is doesn't do the job very well.
Better check those sources of yours...

No dramas face lathering MWF. None at all.
Ditto. No problems face lathering MWF.

I've found that if you bloom the soap with some water and load well, then there should be no issues. I really think that the notoriety of The Fat is over-blown. It's the Old Wives talk of wet shavers everywhere...

.... I really think that the notoriety of The Fat is over-blown. It's the Old Wives talk of wet shavers everywhere...

SHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wash your mouth out (with MWF) you heretic!

We have to keep some traditions and complaining about lathering MWF is one of them. It is a rite of passage.

Think of your kids doing something really simple and how proud you are as parents and how much you gush over them to encourage them and give them confidence for other truly hard things - same with 'The Fat'.

Anyway - the name is tough and invokes a challenge - you are man enough to lather 'The Fat'?

Some things are sacred mate - don't diss the Fat ...

20160323_Omega49_MikesOCBPS_zpsudrnrdzw.jpg

The lather at the end was fantastic, but again it took more time, so while the result might be very similar, getting there with a boar is definitely different...

The lather at the end was fantastic, but again it took more time, so while the result might be very similar, getting there with a boar is definitely different...
So are you a journey or a destination kind of guy? [emoji6]

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson AS2
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Shave Soap

Another day with a little time, in the can and on the finger -

On the brush before first pass - face half covered already from hand ...

Just mucking around after the 2 1/2 passes...

OK, I'll admit it - I'm a lather nerd.

I 'blame' @alfredus for planting the seed of lathering without shaving. I didn't have time this morning to muck around while shaving but remained curious after my experience with the Yardley yesterday - so after coming home from my early morning commitment I made a lather with the Yardley - just because I could!

A bowl of tallowy goodness -

Strong, rich peaks, glistening on my finger -

Slippery, handfuls of glide and goodness -

... and all washed down the drain hole without ever touching my face...

The Yardley is just amazing the amount of water it will take. Squeezing out the brush at the end produced a mountain of really wet yet firm lather.

This is normal isn't it? Everybody has lathered at least once without shaving? Come on now guys, it is not just me ...
Not with vintage Yardley!

OK, I'll admit it - I'm a lather nerd.

I 'blame' @alfredus for planting the seed of lathering without shaving. I didn't have time this morning to muck around while shaving but remained curious after my experience with the Yardley yesterday - so after coming home from my early morning commitment I made a lather with the Yardley - just because I could!

A bowl of tallowy goodness -

Strong, rich peaks, glistening on my finger -

Slippery, handfuls of glide and goodness -

... and all washed down the drain hole without ever touching my face...

The Yardley is just amazing the amount of water it will take. Squeezing out the brush at the end produced a mountain of really wet yet firm lather.

This is normal isn't it? Everybody has lathered at least once without shaving? Come on now guys, it is not just me ...
I have to agree with you ... ... ... I find this very nerdish behaviour. You're posting photos of your nerdishness for the whole world to see? That's double-nerdishness.;)