March 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally...... after many moons...... all the way from the holy land.... hand delivered off the back of the slowest camel they could acquire!!!!

2ro40vt.jpg

I'm thinking one will get BLO, the other Tung..... thoughts????

We found the same article earlier but aren't really keen on putting a needle to it :p

If it is ivory you will know harm it :)

If you are planning on re-knotting I'd do it after taking out the current knot in the interior of the hole!

Thanks! I'm very happy with it so far. It sure looks better since cleaning it this morning and boy was it great to shave with. More aggressive than my Muhle R89 and I'd dare say I enjoyed the shave a bit more. It has a few areas where the plating is worn off but it's character :D I'm going to consider refurbishing the brush in the future just to make it right. My wife speculated that the brush handle might be ivory because it feels a bit cold to the touch and doesn't feel like plastic or wood. Maybe bone or just really well made plastic? Thanks for the info on the shaving soap stick, I won't be be using it though it'd be nice to find something to replace it with.

It came with one unopened blade and about 20 that look used HAR! Here's a pic:

Yxr9bL6.jpg

For a replacement soap stick I recommend Arko. A good soap and it will cost you about $2.50. EG; http://shaverheaven.com.au/arko-shaving-soap-stick/
The scent is polarizing, but I like it. In the end, it's $2.50 so worth the gamble.

So tempted to use the delete button - have to respect the opinion of others...that's sometimes really hard :ROFLMAO:

I.. I don't know what to do...

OK, what soaps have you tried out so far? What do you like and dislike about them? What is important for you when thinking of your lather (time it takes, glide, cushion, scent, size of puck/tin, packaging, price...)

And as a last question - and this will hopefully get rid of the A... option: do you like to use detergent on your face :whistle:

s-l1600.jpg

Just nabbed this on eBay for $30. No cracks AFAIK. I've never owned a New, is this a short or long comb?
Looks the LC to me but the angle is tricky. On the fat handle it certainly is eye-candy. A terrific shaver as well. Nice buying!!! [emoji41]

OK, what soaps have you tried out so far? What do you like and dislike about them? What is important for you when thinking of your lather (time it takes, glide, cushion, scent, size of puck/tin, packaging, price...)

And as a last question - and this will hopefully get rid of the A... option: do you like to use detergent on your face :whistle:

Hi Alfredus, I appreciate your trying to help with my perceived indecision but I was really just looking for a replacement shaving soap that might fit in the tube of my new (to me) travel shaving kit that I posted about here. I'll just stick to Occams for now ;)

Thanks. So it's a Frankenrazor. Shows how much I know. Still, I bought it to use. Can't wait.
No. It's not a Frankenrazor. The NEW razors have a few variant handles. I called it the wrong name- it's a Common Bar Handle. There's a thin and short versions of this handle, as well as the ball end handle and more. See Mr Razor for pictures.

(Great price too BTW!)

****MAIL CALL****

Mail,.. wait, what?
It's Sunday and a Long Weekend public holiday.
How did you get a mail call upon a Sunday?

;)

B&M - DFS
B&M - Cologne Russe
B&M - Fougere Classique x2
Dominica - Bay Rum x2
Dominica - Lime Bay Rum x2
St Lucia Bay Rum - Citrocol x2
Grand Bay Rum x2
Ogallala - Bay Rum (Limes & Peppercorns double strength) x2

12898182_10154712661099689_8473465246757490900_o.jpg

****MAIL CALL****

Mail,.. wait, what?

;)

B&M - DFS
B&M - Cologne Russe
Dominica - Bay Rum x2
Grand Bay Rum x2

Bay Rummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just look at that limes and peppercorn ...

****MAIL CALL****

Mail,.. wait, what?

;)

B&M - DFS
B&M - Cologne Russe
Dominica - Bay Rum x2
Grand Bay Rum x2

Limes & Peppercorns ... ... ... mmmmmm

Status