May 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored 2 tubs of Acqua Di Parma Colonia Shave cream and 1 bottle of the AS. Lucky enough to have my sister in the fragrance industry who was at a demo/training day with one of her suppliers on the weekend. Cream (new but no box) was $20 and AS (new but no box) $40. Suffice to say that she made my weekend.

That ADP stuff is excellent but the price makes the eyes water, even more so at retail prices. You got a good deal.

It's generally accepted out there that ADP is manufactured by a company called 'Tcheon Fung Sing' - and contrary to initial thoughts it is not a Chinese brand but it is Italian. There are photos at another forum showing the TFS product in an ADP 'jar'.

There's a couple of products out there made by the company.... Some are TFS, I believe they are branded as 'Mondial' at shaving.ie, and ItalianBarber uses them to produce RazoRock. Mondial was touted as a new branding for RazoRock in Europe, but that has never been confirmed by Joe @ Italian Barber.

A few people on a forum guess at what they think something is, and everyone believes them. While the manufacturer is the same, I would almost bet the formulas have differences.

Just got 20 vintage Wilkies. One 10 blade dispenser of Super Sword Edge and another which just says Sword Edge. After an initial cock up with USPS, the seller sent me a replacement Super Sword edge and added the other one for good measure. Not buying any more blades. Another shaving acquisition bites the dust.

It was actually an April acquisition but that thread is closed.

Finally succumbed to my 13 YO's long term pleading and got Max. Max was from the RSPCA, a surrendered puppy 5 months old when we got him and now about 6 months old. He is a border collie cattle dog cross. A real dog capable of living outside in the CBR winter, albeit in a kennel.

Apart from his acquisition cost, vaccinations from the vet, another visit to the vet when he split his tail (blood EVERYWHERE including us), two fancy dog beds ripped apart, a backyard full of holes, a little used tampoline now chewed nicely, he has been much cheaper than razor collecting ....

Pic below from an early walk

I like border collies and cattle dogs but worried they need more exercise and stimulation than we could give them.

I like border collies and cattle dogs but worried they need more exercise and stimulation than we could give them.

He is a beautiful dog and very smart. Little shy of new people but not a barker, just growls at strangers.

I walk him in the morning. My son walks him in the afternoon. A bone or a cardboard box keeps him relatively happy each day although he loves to see us. I think he would like more stimulation but doesn't like toys :(

There was a parcel waiting for me at the office this morning. Look at the postmark - February 19, 2013. This thing has been in the mail for more than a year!

Opened it up - wonder what these could be ....

Will have to wait till I get home on the weekend to confirm :)

Last edited:
Well @Pjotr - any guess as what these are?

Hmmm - Old Shave Town, may be vintage blades?

Waiting on my first (two) DE razors to arrive from Mark.
The wait might be over.... or they have dropped off one of those cards that means I need to go the post office to collect - which then drags out the wait until Monday.

Date/Time
Activity

Fri 16 May 2014 10:40
Delivered
STRATHPINE QLD

Fri 16 May 2014 07:06
With Australia Post for delivery today
BRENDALE QLD

Fri 16 May 2014 01:00
Processed through Australia Post facility
BRENDALE QLD

Wed 14 May 2014 12:08
Shipping information received by Australia Post

That was relatively quick from CBR!

Is that the load of schcicksas that got lost?

The side packaging looks a lot like Sharks. Now that makes no sense as I know you aren't buying Sharks.
Pfft, I know sharks and they look nothing like sharks.

And yes, I am fully aware of what they are. Damn nice haul. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.