May 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice
There was a parcel waiting for me at the office this morning. Look at the postmark - February 19, 2013. This thing has been in the mail for more than a year!

Opened it up - wonder what these could be ....

Will have to wait till I get home on the weekend to confirm :)

I know that packaging well, I have quite a few packs that look the same. By my reckoning that is at least 200 blades assuming 5 packs. Very nice haul, especially at Feb 2013 prices.

Why can't you open them in the office to check what they are? Are you afraid your workmates will think you're weird? You have hundreds of razors and enough model tanks for a WWII battle, I suspect they already know you are weird.

@Mark1966 would not like to see you encumbered with buyers guilt and associated matters relating to the tolrrant one, so what say you I forward a pineapple and you forward those dirty old schicks my way ?

You are kidding me! I knew it was a cunning plan. What happens now? The buyer refunded you didn't he?

He did refund - but I've contacted him to let him know they have arrived. Fair is fair

Is that the load of schcicksas that got lost?

Yep indeed!

Freebies all round!

Not quite - see above

The side packaging looks a lot like Sharks. Now that makes no sense as I know you aren't buying Sharks.

No, no Sharks here - but I like Sharks BTW!

Pfft, I know sharks and they look nothing like sharks.

And yes, I am fully aware of what they are. Damn nice haul. :cool:

Thanks mate :) Very happy - and a little stunned - to see this box

Nice

I know that packaging well, I have quite a few packs that look the same. By my reckoning that is at least 200 blades assuming 5 packs. Very nice haul, especially at Feb 2013 prices.

Well done - should be 200 of them! Exchange rate not quite as good now but still a reasonable price.

Why can't you open them in the office to check what they are? Are you afraid your workmates will think you're weird? You have hundreds of razors and enough model tanks for a WWII battle, I suspect they already know you are weird.

Yeah the model tanks were sold though :) I've just had to leave the office earlier today to travel interstate so didn't have time to play with the contents.

@Mark1966 would not like to see you encumbered with buyers guilt and associated matters relating to the tolrrant one, so what say you I forward a pineapple and you forward those dirty old schicks my way ?

Ummmm, let me think about that ....

Yes indeed - an amazing turn up for the books. Still find it hard to believe it arrived

Ummmm, let me think about that ....
Of course, if a pineapples too much, I could transfer two redbacks ;)
It would be an investment in corrupting me to the vintage dark side and gain valuable Monsta points :p

Of course, if a pineapples too much, I could transfer two redbacks ;)
It would be an investment in corrupting me to the vintage dark side and gain valuable Monsta points :p
I will just send you a pack of the GBE and unless you wax lyrically like a true fanboi then you can kiss your custom title goodbye :sneaky:

:ROFLMAO:(y) :whistle:

Oh, I'll do one better than wax lyrically, I'll show you something in person from my Grandfathers meager stash that I suspect you've not seen before :)

OOOOOHH - looky here.

What came in the mail today for the travelling box ....

I will just send you a pack of the GBE and unless you wax lyrically like a true fanboi then you can kiss your custom title goodbye :sneaky:

Oh no, not another GBE post. Why don't you throw a few hundred in the travelling box so we can verify that you actually have these.

:ROFLMAO:(y) :whistle:

Oh, I'll do one better than wax lyrically...........

All you need to wax lyrical about is being the only person on this forum that's in fact laid eyes on these things.

These found their way to me after my parents trip to Italy...
imageedit_4_4196364410.jpg

I've just got home to find a parcel from the Isle of Man.

Looks like I'll be shaving with Lavender and Vertivert in the morning. The scent is quite subtle and not oozing lavendar like the locally made specialty soaps, thank giant lemons because too much lavender is pretty rank.

These found their way to me after my parents trip to Italy...
imageedit_4_4196364410.jpg
Floid is awesome for winter, I am still getting through the last bit of a group buy we did last year. I decanted it into a spray bottle I scored from a crafts shop.

Floid is awesome for winter, I am still getting through the last bit of a group buy we did last year. I decanted it into a spray bottle I scored from a crafts shop.

What's the purpose of decanting an aftershave?

In this case, the Floid comes in a huge 400mL bottle with a fairly large opening hole. Decanting it into a spray bottle makes it much easier to use, and you get the nice 'mist' effect too.

I agree with you Jug, the Floid is a nice old school scent for winter. I was surprised by the skin conditioning it provided too, it's not just alcohol and fragrance.

Last edited:
Mong is right, it gives it a nice spray effect, but my initial reason was because the Floid bottle was so damned cumbersome to try and use that I spilled some on the carpet in the mancave, so I went and got a spray bottle to stop me spilling it.
It is nice on the skin, a bit overpowering at first but within two minutes it wears in quite well. Lasts all day too.

Sounds very desirable. Thanks for the education on decanting. Thoughts of airing the AS and letting the sediment sink to the bottom didn't quite click. The things we learn.

Floid has about the worse pourer hole I've come across. I lose half of it on the floor. I stick mine in a better bottle with a stopper in it.

It may be useful to offer an Aftershave 101 at this point; Aftershave is NOT cologne, although the man perfume industry does confuse the issue. Cologne is alcohol, water and fragrance. It's there to smell nice and make Beckham and Usher a few extra mill a year. It's shit for after shaving. It will hurt, and it will shrivel your skin to a dried up passionfruit.

Good ol fashioned Aftershaves are alcohol based, but have lots of other stuff in to care for the face, like aloe vera, Vit E etc - Proraso, Speick and Floid are notables (because they're available locally, we can't ship in form OS anymore). The scent, like shave cream, doesn't usually linger much. But Floid seems to for some.

Last edited:
My care package from Connaughts has arrived. Proraso + Proraso Red, and a couple of cheap Alums. Should be interesting to see how they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.