May 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited ,

I even took a pic. I love it!

I have never used one of these before but will talk about the shave later, in the thread for Shave of the Day.

I will eventually make some sort of stand for it in black bamboo like that one in the pic with the alum block.

Anyway thanks for looking at my beautiful new razor

5c4cf6fb-e0b7-408f-8636-f8c6cb8e2073_zps30409255.jpg

I am so excited ,

I have never used one of these before but will talk about the shave later, in the thread for Shave of the Day.

Nice! Take it slowly with your new friend. I've been gradually developing my skills with one of those. Probably done about 10 partial shaves and 2-3 full ones. A few minor scars along the way - now faded. Enjoy the journey and don't rush.
Which blades are u starting with?

I went very slow with it today and was going well but slipped and the blade bounced on my chin resulting in a little nick which stopped bleeding by itself.

It was a good shave except for a couple of places that I missed and wasn't game to go back so I fixed those with the Futur which was like a racing car by comparison.

I did 2 passes and it was pretty good with only a mild irritation.

I decided to start with the Pro Guard blade and I also have a pack of Pro's to try out.

I am so excited ,

I will eventually make some sort of stand for it in black bamboo like that one in the pic with the alum block.

Nice picture. Very Japanese. Pity the brush is hanging upside down.

The brush needed to be hung instead of having to commit sepuku whilst shivering on its knees with water trickling down its cold little handle.

A pity maybe but what the Shogun of one side of the basin says, goes.

In case you are worried,

It is now sitting on its base with its friends after its little drip dry and has a nicely combed top knot.

First ever order from Shaver Hut arrived today - and they sent me the TOBS Sandalwood instead of the Jermyn I ordered.
Do they have form for this or am I just unlucky?

That's a bummer. Haven't heard of MB stuffing it up like that. You appear to be unlucky. I'm sure they'll make it up to you.

First ever order from Shaver Hut arrived today - and they sent me the TOBS Sandalwood instead of the Jermyn I ordered.
Do they have form for this or am I just unlucky?
Never dealt with Shaver Hut but in all the orders with MensBiz I never had an order wrong.

Send the right one out for nicks and letting you keep the Jermyn wold be the way to do it.

Gee our expectations on retailers are high nowadays aren't they?

I agree - many of the good ones would actually do this but they are paying a high price for their mistake - I suppose that is an incentive to get it right

I received a response from Shaver Hut on Sunday, indicating that they would send me out the correct item at no cost to me.
This is obviously a good result for me, and indicates the quality of service that they provide.

I received a response from Shaver Hut on Sunday, indicating that they would send me out the correct item at no cost to me.
This is obviously a good result for me, and indicates the quality of service that they provide.

Great outcome.

Well handled by them. Nice to see the opportunity to provide some great customer service taken.

The Sandalwood is a good cream and one I like, so enjoy it!

Props to Shaver Hut, maybe I will order something from there and hope for a mistake also!

This thread reminded me I haven't had TOBS Sandalwood for a long time, so got one, as I needed some Speick AS anyway I think I traded the last tub for the same flavour Trumpers. TOBS has a nicer scent and is better value, even if Trumpers do put more in.

A gentleman decided to call my residence home.
Indeed, quite the fine example, being knighted.
I welcome Irisch Moos and his Rasierseife and look forward to his companionship during what should mutually be agreed upon, as one of the more valid traditional masculine pursuits left in this emasculated metro-sexual world.

Status
Not open for further replies.