Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark Appreciation Thread

done and ordered.. R96 on its way from Melbourne with express delivery.. hopefully things have picked up delivery wise in Victoria
looking forward to seeing your thoughts as its something I'd like to try in the future. (y)

ordered yday, delivered today.. amazing!!!

first impressions are excellent. A stunning looking razor, excellent feel in the hand.. handle material feels great.. very happy, cannot wait for tonights shave.. hmmm.. what to use as an inaugural shave???

50439734146_f9cd0f1ea3_c.jpg

50439734096_1b0b23b33c_c.jpg

50439734006_e9daf8d087_c.jpg

50439733941_f1e3719752_c.jpg

ordered yday, delivered today.. amazing!!!

first impressions are excellent. A stunning looking razor, excellent feel in the hand.. handle material feels great.. very happy, cannot wait for tonights shave.. hmmm.. what to use as an inaugural shave???

50439734146_f9cd0f1ea3_c.jpg

50439734096_1b0b23b33c_c.jpg

50439734006_e9daf8d087_c.jpg

50439733941_f1e3719752_c.jpg
Now that's excellent customer service!... Beautiful looking razor you have there mate. :love:

@rhodes96 thanks for your advice this sure is one amazing razor, but had to go with a wizamet on the first shave

Thanks @Razor Burn it shaves as good as it looks :)

cheers @tim33z, but that's one of my roses (y)

This razor is fantastic, such a close shave and so so smooth.. nice weight in the hand and sexy!!

SOTD post
So glad to see you found something that meets your needs. (y) Muhle have a reputation for solid build quality and after reading the various reviews/feedback it appears the improved V4 delivers a superior shave to the trusty R89 and looks super sleek and sexy... One worth bookmarking for a future purchase...? :unsure:

@rhodes96 thanks for your advice this sure is one amazing razor, but had to go with a wizamet on the first shave

Thanks @Razor Burn it shaves as good as it looks :)

cheers @tim33z, but that's one of my roses (y)

This razor is fantastic, such a close shave and so so smooth.. nice weight in the hand and sexy!!

SOTD post
I’m no gardener it seems

So glad to see you found something that meets your needs. (y) Muhle have a reputation for solid build quality and after reading the various reviews/feedback it appears the improved V4 delivers a superior shave to the trusty R89 and looks super sleek and sexy... One worth bookmarking for a future purchase...? :unsure:

no comparison to the R89 in any sense.. r89 and de89 share the exact same head made in collaboration with each other just produced in their own factories

yes they are very smooth razors but also super mild, the r94,95,96 V4 efficiency is up there and not too far from r41, more than the jaws but so smooth

no comparison to the R89 in any sense.. r89 and de89 share the exact same head made in collaboration with each other just produced in their own factories

yes they are very smooth razors but also super mild, the r94,95,96 V4 efficiency is up there and not too far from r41, more than the jaws but so smooth

From what I've read in this thread so far it is supposed to be on par with the EJ3one6.

I might grab the Rocca as well, as I really wanted the 3one6 but the handle is too thin. I don't like how it's narrower than the DE89.

Now to figure out a way of sneaking this into the shaving cabinet without the wife squaking about another razor and "how many more do you need"..

From what I've read in this thread so far it is supposed to be on par with the EJ3one6.

I might grab the Rocca as well, as I really wanted the 3one6 but the handle is too thin. I don't like how it's narrower than the DE89.

Now to figure out a way of sneaking this into the shaving cabinet without the wife squaking about another razor and "how many more do you need"..

Get the Birch Bark - it is not a razor but a piece of art ;)

I share your thoughts as I'm struggling to sneak in an unnoticed purchase but am torn as to which one to get as the more I read the more confused I get...?
I prefer the look of the 3one6 head but the lighter handle is a turn off and depending on the reviews the 3one6 is more efficient but not as smooth as the Rocca??? Or vice versa!?!?
I'm more inclined to get Rocca SS as Birch handle is unavailable locally but does this one really shave any better than what I currently own as I enjoy the efficiency of my R41 and Dart but want something that shaves smooth like the CG Lvl 2 and Apollo Helix...? :unsure:
Also factoring in the price difference I'm leaning towards the Rocca but struggling to justify yet another razor. :bag:

I can tell u for sure that the rocca handle is perfect to hold, nice diameter but also has a perfect weight and balance to it.. when you shave it fits perfectly in the hand and to me feels like it’s part of my hand making the razor easy to manoeuvre around My face

I share your thoughts as I'm struggling to sneak in an unnoticed purchase but am torn as to which one to get as the more I read the more confused I get...?
I prefer the look of the 3one6 head but the lighter handle is a turn off and depending on the reviews the 3one6 is more efficient but not as smooth as the Rocca??? Or vice versa!?!?
I'm more inclined to get Rocca SS as Birch handle is unavailable locally but does this one really shave any better than what I currently own as I enjoy the efficiency of my R41 and Dart but want something that shaves smooth like the CG Lvl 2 and Apollo Helix...? :unsure:
Also factoring in the price difference I'm leaning towards the Rocca but struggling to justify yet another razor. :bag:

i have the r41 and enjoy it, gives me an incredible shave.. efficiency of the rocca is very close to the r41, but the weight is better, the shave is so much smoother I take no care when shaving with it but the r41 always commands attention and care or it will bite hard

forgot to add... it has nothing to do with how many more you need ;)

I enjoy the different shaving experiences each will give u

i have the r41 and enjoy it, gives me an incredible shave.. efficiency of the rocca is very close to the r41, but the weight is better, the shave is so much smoother I take no care when shaving with it but the r41 always commands attention and care or it will bite hard
That's what I was fearing as these days I prefer the efficient shavers and your conclusions seem to echo what most reviews have experienced... Luckily its readily available locally at a reasonable price so it looks like I'll be adding this one sooner rather than later... :banghead:

That's what I was fearing as these days I prefer the efficient shavers and your conclusions seem to echo what most reviews have experienced... Luckily its readily available locally at a reasonable price so it looks like I'll be adding this one sooner rather than later... :banghead:

If you like the r41 you will love the rocca V4 , which handle are u going for?

If you like the r41 you will love the rocca V4 , which handle are u going for?
As nice as the Black one looks I'm leaning towards the all SS, seeing as B&B don't stock the birch and the all black is a bit out of my budget.