Williams‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌in‌ ‌a‌ ‌vintage‌ ‌mug‌ ‌
Aqua‌ ‌Velva‌ ‌sftershave‌ ‌(Spanish‌ ‌version)‌

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Muhle R96
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Matilda 2-Band Silvertip Bader
Soap: A&E Kaizen

Wow!!

Quality is excellent, feels perfectly weighted in the hand, well-balanced with plenty of grip even with soapy hands. I didn’t hold back and loaded the razor with a wizamet + kaizen soap and whipped up a killer lather using the Matilda..

First pass WTG was super smooth, but very efficient.. I would say smoother than a rockwell on plate 4 with efficiency of JAWS +.

XTG was similar to the WTG pass but by this stage I was so confident I was whizzing around my face without any care at all, just admiring how smooth this razor actually was.

ATG, didn’t slow down at all but could feel just a little blade, just enough to know it was there but still plenty smooth.. The shave so far was so comfy went for a fourth pass ATG just on the upper face.

Registered hardly any feedback with the alum block and the end result was total BBS, with a closeness only the R41 gives me.

I was blown away at how efficient yet smooth this razor was, so happy with this purchase but next shave I am going to take my time and apply better technique.. I don’t think the shots of ouzo I had before the shave with music in the background allowed for any caution

I love this razor, so glad I bought it and highly recommend it for anyone that loves an efficient, yet smooth shave!!

bVP50tB.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Muhle R96
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Matilda 2-Band Silvertip Bader
Soap: A&E Kaizen

Wow!!

Quality is excellent, feels perfectly weighted in the hand, well-balanced with plenty of grip even with soapy hands. I didn’t hold back and loaded the razor with a wizamet + kaizen soap and whipped up a killer lather using the Matilda..

First pass WTG was super smooth, but very efficient.. I would say smoother than a rockwell on plate 4 with efficiency of JAWS +.

XTG was similar to the WTG pass but by this stage I was so confident I was whizzing around my face without any care at all, just admiring how smooth this razor actually was.

ATG, didn’t slow down at all but could feel just a little blade, just enough to know it was there but still plenty smooth.. The shave so far was so comfy went for a fourth pass ATG just on the upper face.

Registered hardly any feedback with the alum block and the end result was total BBS, with a closeness only the R41 gives me.

I was blown away at how efficient yet smooth this razor was, so happy with this purchase but next shave I am going to take my time and apply better technique.. I don’t think the shots of ouzo I had before the shave with music in the background allowed for any caution

I love this razor, so glad I bought it and highly recommend it for anyone that loves an efficient, yet smooth shave!!

bVP50tB.jpg

If only it was the birch bark it would be perfect ...

Soap: Palmolive Stick (Euro)
Brush: Omega S-Brush
Razor: Gem 1912
Blade: Gem
Aftershave: Witch Hazel, then Pinaud Bay Rum

I had a nice three-pass shave this morning.

On completion I reached for the Pinaud, which I haven't used in what seems like years. It has aged like a fine single malt over this time.

Now, some 12 hours post-shave, the potent pirate-esque bouquet lingers and forcefully activates the olfactory organs of anyone within a 30 foot radius.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter / APR TEXAUS shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 "Slim" replated in rhodium (6)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (6)
Post-shave: Noble Otter / APR TEXAUS splash
Fragrance: N/A

Imgur seems to have changed how it is letting me work :(

#Str8ShavSatday
Pre-shave:
Shower/Proraso Green
Brush: DC Blades custom P&C TKM 2020 hand turned resin brush handle with 24mm silver tip badger bulb knot
Cream: Simpsons - Lavender & Vetiver Luxury Shaving Cream
Str8:- DC Blades 8/8” P&C TKM 2020 straight razor custom resin wedgeless scales, brass bullseye washers & pins.
Aftershave:- Stirling WHAM

adbaXdc.jpg
LK91Bde.gif

#Str8ShavSatday
Pre-shave:
Shower/Proraso Green
Brush: DC Blades custom P&C TKM 2020 hand turned resin brush handle with 24mm silver tip badger bulb knot
Cream: Simpsons - Lavender & Vetiver Luxury Shaving Cream
Str8:- DC Blades 8/8” P&C TKM 2020 straight razor custom resin wedgeless scales, brass bullseye washers & pins.
Aftershave:- Stirling WHAM

adbaXdc.jpg
LK91Bde.gif
You’ve missed a bloody hairy spot around your little lollipop willy to be a officially qualified for a BBS as smooth as a baby bare bum with a straight razor.

lmLdgCK.jpg

Pre-shave: Warm shower
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo knot
Soap: Stirling Ramblin' Man
Bowl: Fine Accroutrements with added 'agitators'
Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo Light (Aggr.)
Blade: Kai(2)
Post shave: Stirling Bay Rum balm
Fragrance: Pinaud Clubman Musk

On the first outing of the Kai two days ago I was left with a couple of weepers and a cut under my jaw. With renewed respect, a gentle touch and great care, I negotiated the wounded areas
and was very happy to end up with a DFS. Plenty of lather left after two passes although I think I overdid the water a little. Great stuff.

Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter / APR TEXAUS shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 "Slim" replated in rhodium (6)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (7)
Post-shave: Noble Otter / APR TEXAUS splash
Fragrance: N/A

Same gear as yesterday, same great result!

Brush: Yaqi Moka 26mm 2 band badger
Soap/Cream: First Line Shave - Delmar Boulevard
Razor: Icon Tech head / Razorock SS handle
Blade: Gillette - Nacet (2)
Post-shave: Thayers - Witchhazel / Spray of Hanae Mori - Him / Essano Man - Moisturiser
Fragrance: Hanae Mori - Him

Imgur working again ( thanks @Mark1966 with your heads up in your recent post)
Another 2 pass WTG DFS+. I think I like this Nacet blade best of the three blades I have used so far with the Tech. Outstanding performance smooth and very efficient. I actually do not want to rotate razors.

I don't normally use fragrances after a shave, the scent on this soap was so intriguing I was compelled too. I was also unbelievably able to perfectly match the soap and scent with something already had but had not used. The scent profile was supposed to match Bleeker St Bond No9. The Hanae Mori nailed it with cinnamon peppery opening, wood and tobacco dry down. I think the scent is supposed to be similar to Gucci Pour Homme II.

Status
Not open for further replies.