November 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tub of soap is no longer counted? Comn dark one, you and I know it's silly to try an deny your destiny. :p
giphy.gif

My 1000 BIC CP came in...

IMG-20211117-125013.jpg
That's a lot of razor blades. I was just imagining what 1000 Prolines would look like... :unsure: ...something that will presumably remain a piglet of my imagination, as I don't want to mortgage the property at my age. They would last me 19.2 years, and I've no reason to suppose I'll last that long.

(y)
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. every time I think I go to far someone always comes along and makes me feel better 😁

Hehe
I'm hoping more guys discovery this blade and stock up. It deserves the accolade but currently is very underrated/undiscovered.

That's a lot of razor blades. I was just imagining what 1000 Prolines would look like... :unsure: ...something that will presumably remain a piglet of my imagination, as I don't want to mortgage the property at my age. They would last me 19.2 years, and I've no reason to suppose I'll last that long.

My calculation assumes I'll shave daily until my last breath at age 100. This may be unlikely but I'm comfortable doing it this way...

So I'm at roughly 4000 blades (it was at 7000 at one point!) which will allow me to reach age 100. Then I'll see what's available at that time :D

Hehe
I'm hoping more guys discovery this blade and stock up. It deserves the accolade but currently is very underrated/undiscovered.

My calculation assumes I'll shave daily until my last breath at age 100. This may be unlikely but I'm comfortable doing it this way...

So I'm at roughly 4000 blades (it was at 7000 at one point!) which will allow me to reach age 100. Then I'll see what's available at that time :D

If you are still shaving at 100 you deserve a daily straight shave from the delicate hand of an attractive young nurse.

It will not happen or course, but hey!

JScOtXX.jpeg

Picked this up cheap as I wanted the case for the Rocket HD I already head and it turned out to an LD Paperclip Rocket. Those blades while rusty in places felt sharp enough to be unused.

Anyone have experience with these blades? Could I run the blades in the ultrasonic cleaner too without affecting the coating, if it has any? Or a hot detergent soak will do?

JScOtXX.jpeg

Picked this up cheap as I wanted the case for the Rocket HD I already head and it turned out to an LD Paperclip Rocket. Those blades while rusty in places felt sharp enough to be unused.

Anyone have experience with these blades? Could I run the blades in the ultrasonic cleaner too without affecting the coating, if it has any? Or a hot detergent soak will do?

I certainly wouldn't use them. Even ones fresh from a pack are rough as hell let alone ones with shaves on them. Brave if you do

I've been really slack lately and I received this a couple of weeks ago. @neongas very generously offered to PIF a Yaqi Mellon to me. I'm in the process of trying to get a mate to have a go at DE shaving as he was whinging to me the other day about how he hates shaving - he uses carts - so I was happy to receive this razor as I'd heard that it gives a decent shave. When the package arrived there were a couple of extra goodies inside as well! I'll add a few extra bits to these and I'll have a good trial starter setup for him. Thanks @neongas

Status
Not open for further replies.