November 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh need to add that the hole of the base plate where the post goes through it also a fair bit bigger than the post. So Yaqi would only have to make either the base plate hole or the top cap holes smaller to minimise play.

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME SOMEBODY HAS TRIED CLONING THE VECTOR?

That Blutt is a real TOB. If I were still into DEs, that would be right at the top of my shopping list, and sabbatical be damned. (y) Not so the Raster - I'm not sure that I recall anyone saying a good word about it. Copying the general notion of the Vector is not the same as cloning it. For that, they would have to actually take some measurements. :rolleyes:
Curiosity got the better of me and I figured nothing ventured nothing gained... except in this case the likelihood of venturing and gaining nothing is high :ROFLMAO:

Yaqi probably bit off more than they could chew. I'm no machinist, but is drilling an even rectangular hole more difficult at that size?

Congrats on the addition of the Blutt as it seriously looks premium and would've been my alternative choice instead of a Vector.
I'll admit I too was looking at the cheap knock off Vector clone from Yaqi as some reviews rated it a solid clone but seriously glad I didn't waste my $$$ as clearly cutting corners copying a proven design...
In all seriousness Yaqi should just stick to releasing shaving brushes...
Happy Shaves mate!
Don't worry I wasted it on your behalf lol. I just had a shave with the Blutt so the next one will be with the Raster. Who knows... it may surprise (or not).

Don't worry I wasted it on your behalf lol. I just had a shave with the Blutt so the next one will be with the Raster. Who knows... it may surprise (or not).
Mate I'm delighted for you and hope the Swiss beauty gives you many a Happy Shave and who knows, I may win lotto one day in which case Blutt razors for all P&C members!!! :clown:
Here's hoping the Vector clone at least shaves but if you get achance jump onto the original as it dosen't disappoint ;)

Mail Call today - thanks Ausfarce

Received a Yaqi BEAUX G4 26mm & Oumo G5 26mm synthetic knots from the folks at Wetshaving Co. Now comes the choice for which to set in the Billy Goat Brushworks handle...??? :unsure:

IMG-20211127-123458-2.jpg

Save 15% off on a future purchase using code: THANKYOU15

Why not try both before making a decision? Just use a small dab of silicone (half a pea). Using much more can result in as unbreakable a set as epoxy. Ask me how I know... :rolleyes:
I've decided to try the Oumo G5 and save the G4 for a newer handle with one already in mind ;)

This bargain bottle unused for $1 whilst at local market today. Didn't even look but it's actually P&G. Just assumed it would be Shultons but obviously a reissue after 1990. Still...worth a gold coin and I've got litres of Shultons anyway 😂

Passed on a Gillette#77 bakelite case with blade banks minus razor at $45. The seller had a 1955 sticker on it and told me all about his expertise regarding the misslabled 1933 case. Stated that if razor was in it the price would be $250. Then went on a rant about the rarity of gem and rolls razors.. ok mate

Picked up a lovely dovetailed display case and contents today off FB Marketplace for $100. Little bit of modifying and it's a brush display cabinet!
Seller told me this ad was popular, but I was first, just minutes after posting!

Contents:
Fatboy E4 in really good condition (the prize) clean and functional
Still identifying a British TTO of some sort, clean and functional
Gold Gem missing a hinge pin, non functional so display only
Black handle flare tip L4 1966 missing an endcap, so for now non functional (calling @Mark1966 for a spare?) display only with a view to fix
August Kern St Loius M.o. Paul Jones Straight in reasonably good condition, steel coated with some sort of preserver
Durham Duplex open comb shavette??? in reasonably good condition
Old bottle of witch hazel and a citrus mosquito repellant, old bandaids in a tin, and an old hand shear.
Little bit of work to do, but good value I thought.
9gJSxeR.jpg

23wUkNp.jpg

GGnkIUe.jpg

6FwdkZs.jpg

10iHAFx.jpg

BQRFLRV.jpg
XWFPAXy.jpg

kHk6kY7.jpg

Picked up a lovely dovetailed display case and contents today off FB Marketplace for $100. Little bit of modifying and it's a brush display cabinet!
Seller told me this ad was popular, but I was first, just minutes after posting!

Contents:
Fatboy E4 in really good condition (the prize) clean and functional
Still identifying a British TTO of some sort, clean and functional
Gold Gem missing a hinge pin, non functional so display only
Black handle flare tip L4 1966 missing an endcap, so for now non functional (calling @Mark1966 for a spare?) display only with a view to fix
August Kern St Loius M.o. Paul Jones Straight in reasonably good condition, steel coated with some sort of preserver
Durham Duplex open comb shavette??? in reasonably good condition
Old bottle of witch hazel and a citrus mosquito repellant, old bandaids in a tin, and an old hand shear.
Little bit of work to do, but good value I thought.
9gJSxeR.jpg

23wUkNp.jpg

GGnkIUe.jpg

6FwdkZs.jpg

10iHAFx.jpg

BQRFLRV.jpg
XWFPAXy.jpg

kHk6kY7.jpg

The black handled Super Speed without the end ca should still work (but I will look and see if I have a spare).

The razor in the top left hand corner is a Rocket HD / MD / LD (paperclip) depending on the weight 72/ 5? / 2? roughly

Karve Brass Overlander Safety Razor

cEXGGTr.jpg
The new karve head literally looks like an exact copy of the tatara head!
Yep and this aggression shave level is the same level as the Karve SB-B plate, IF, Karve release a stainless steel version with a C plate level and I'll be grabbing this into my den

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.