October 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deal with @Tony Forsyth was to never use this blank for this handle shape again ever...I guess the memo slipped through the hand over :D:D:D

What a beautiful looking brush - congratulations @Mark1966
Doesn’t have the lovely badger knot in it though 😉 so it will never be a Platypus👍
Cheers guys and I hope you are all keeping well.
Tony

Doesn’t have the lovely badger knot in it though 😉 so it will never be a Platypus👍
Tony

Hey mate, consider it a homage to greatness! There will NEVER be another Platypus.

He hath spoken, so that settles that. :p The Platypig is its own species...

I think that this is a done deal now :)

Tony
You need to up you're sig below @Tony Forsyth otherwise, another wet shaver doesn't know you've been retired from your beloving workshop ;)

These turned up yesterday.

Group Captain's Blend Aftershave which has a really nice Vanilla Tobacco scent,
Yaqi SE Razor Head with Traxion handle and Puck razor stand from The Wet Shaving Co.

PAA Beard shampoo with stand as well as a triple razor and brush stand from The Stray Whisker.

Vielong Horse hair brush from Men's Biz.

https://www.amazon.com.au/photos/share/jLG1WokCMackekse7m5hxkRotx140ca0QghvPS1D1qZ

Going cheap at Priceline at the moment. $15 each. The big bottle is better value, if they have it of course. Mine didn't.

YVbD2OS.jpg

Shaving acquisitions? Even better from the 2021 Paste & Cut Charity Auction!

Bidding closes Saturday, 23rd October 2021 at 12.00pm AEDT unless extended in accordance with the rules.

Check out the items here

Not sure why I can't attach pics, maybe a new member thing?

Anyway, my Hoshi Tombo turned up on Friday. I haven't used it yet, but will probably give it a go tonight.

https://www.amazon.com.au/photos/share/E3KdvOxI5uVIq8SEr0o1sH4S7l4nPEYBr0ymPieHOM6
You need to use an image hosting site such as Postimages (or the many others) and chose the Picture icon from the tabs where it asks you to insert the link.
For ease of viewing its recommended you try to keep the file at 640x480 otherwise picture will be too large making things inconvenient when viewing on a portable device. (y)

[IMG}https://www.amazon.com.au/photos/share/E3KdvOxI5uVIq8SEr0o1sH4S7l4nPEYBr0ymPieHOM6[IMG}
You need to use an image hosting site such as Postimages (or the many others) and chose the Picture icon from the tabs where it asks you to insert the link.
For ease of viewing its recommended you try to keep the file at 640x480 otherwise picture will be too large making things inconvenient when viewing on a portable device. (y)

I got it sorted. I've been using Amazon photos and it doesn't allow you to create a direct link to the picture. I think I might change to imgur.

9gt1qGX.jpg

Barrister and Mann with the usual freebies from Vshod. Shaving bowl, alum matches and tucks of Voskhod. Looking forward to this cold blast. My first B&M soap purchase.

I've ordered the accompanying Terror Aftershave and Balm from the Italian Barber in Toronto Canada. They don't mind shipping aftershave internationally. I'm just hoping it gets through.

Status
Not open for further replies.