October 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morikami came today.
DyWmVXl.jpg

Paste & Cut Charity Auction wins already!

Lovely work from @Ozwhisker - with BONUS enablement. Such quick postage from Peter and quick delivery from AusPost (yes, I DID say that) -

dSNrtqbl.jpg

Equally quick off the mark was Samson at VSHOD, with a bonus as always -

KE0YqSVl.jpg

Once again, quick postage and quick delivery from AusPost (yes, I DID say that TWICE)

Paste & Cut Charity Auction wins already!

Lovely work from @Ozwhisker - with BONUS enablement. Such quick postage from Peter and quick delivery from AusPost (yes, I DID say that) -

dSNrtqbl.jpg

Equally quick off the mark was Samson at VSHOD, with a bonus as always -

KE0YqSVl.jpg

Once again, quick postage and quick delivery from AusPost (yes, I DID say that TWICE)

Express post is 2 days ATM. You'll love Haverford.. it's top shelf.

Express post is 2 days ATM.

Well that does depend where you are talking about! Certainly impressed with BOTH these deliveries.

You'll love Haverford.. it's top shelf.

Yes, great enabling by @Ozwhisker - I mentioned I was tossing up between the that and the Stirling Gentlemen and now clearly I'm going to end up with both!

The perfect size travel soap.(y)

Travel?

Did you forget my huge St James travel size order - could last a lifetime plus the way things are going ...

Well that does depend where you are talking about! Certainly impressed with BOTH these deliveries.

Yes, great enabling by @Ozwhisker - I mentioned I was tossing up between the that and the Stirling Gentlemen and now clearly I'm going to end up with both!

Travel?

Did you forget my huge St James travel size order - could last a lifetime plus the way things are going ...

I didn't forget the St James order, they make great Christmas presents.:unsure::)

Mail call today - thanks Ausfarce!

IMG-20211027-154628.jpg

The Bikki mixed badger & boar brush arrived and I was half expecting some extras as Sampson of Vshod does this but opening up the box to see 2 x B&M soaps was a pleasant surprise and well timed as I just finished my only other B&M soap this morning :)
First impressions are great as the brush has decent back bone which should soften up once the boar breaks in and the size fits nicely in the hand.
Mixed thoughts on Diamond as get earthy notes and for somebody who doesn't really enjoy lavender the Reserve one smells nice... :love:

IMG-20211027-153717.jpg

Second brush arrived in a wonderfully packaged box with a nice touch receiving some TF Customs Brushes medallions as I was lucky being the first person to have one set in a handle. What really stands out is the brush as this little beauty has a lovely shine to it and the colours really pop!!! Honoured to finally have a brush from @TroyTools in my den with plans to expand my collection in the near future. I really dig the logo as it stands out! :love:
Thanks P&C, vshod and Troy! (y)(y)(y)

I'm not a scent expert by any stretch. "Mass produced for supermarkets" is probably my best description, but pleasant enough. Probably sounds a bit harsh, but I don't have the words for it.
I prefer my Artisan collection of scents much more, but the craftsman us cheap enough for a pommy bath just to go down to the shops and such, if you get it while on the current discount special.

I'm not a scent expert by any stretch. "Mass produced for supermarkets" is probably my best description, but pleasant enough. Probably sounds a bit harsh, but I don't have the words for it.
I prefer my Artisan collection of scents much more, but the craftsman us cheap enough for a pommy bath just to go down to the shops and such, if you get it while on the current discount special.

lol I refer to these as 'greek showers' :)

You call that a soap? THIS is a soap -

jYps5pyl.jpg

Thanks @bomber.79 !

Not sure why you included a doggie poop bag as well though ...

6BW2MRwl.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(For those playing along at home it is actually a sample of Razor Master Tiovo shaving soap. A hard to find soap but we had some Razor Master soaps in a traveling box previously - get stuff)

jYps5pyl.jpg

Thanks @bomber.79 !

6BW2MRwl.jpg

(For those playing along at home it is actually a sample of Razor Master Tiovo shaving soap. A hard to find soap but we had some Razor Master soaps in a traveling box previously - get stuff)
Or his own poop delivers to you for FREE to sniff from the bag.

Mail call today - thanks Ausfarce (found on the driveway as wind must've blown it from the safe spot the driver left it!? :banghead:

IMG-20211029-145229.jpg

The final Charity Auction item arrived from faraway NT and at first I was confused as you'd easily be mistaken for a DE89 as the finish is super shinny like Chrome but boy does it look nice and the shorter handle has some heft and some of the best knurling to rival the iKon handles I own. I was inline to grab a Copper Outlaw but opted for a few brushes instead so thankful the SS version became available as there's something special about Alpha products as the machining and designs are premium and the customer service is up there with the best!

I can't wait to give it a shave as the reviews indicate it'll suit my preference perfectly and it'll take up a spot amongst my other prized Alpha Shaving gear. A large debt of gratitude goes to our resident guru @Errol and Steve Tinter aka @Vlasta for the generous donation to this years Charity Auction. That's my RAD itch scratched for the near future... (y)(y)(y)

jYps5pyl.jpg

Thanks @bomber.79 !

6BW2MRwl.jpg

That soaps colour is very very dark, especially since there is no vanillian. Must be the wood tar ingredients used. Very interesting.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.