Official P&C 2018 Sabbatical (& Back to Basics) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t speak this profanity in my presence good sir.
I will have none of it!
How DARE you be so dismissive of THE currency of our forum?

What torches and martial arts are u into bud?
Haven't bought a light for a while,but I have M3XS UT,M2X UT,Kids have M23 each,and we have an I3S EOS each.Oh,I also have an S1.
And SRT7, a 3xD cell Maglite with Malkoff dropin, Sunwayman Titanium Dream limited edition,and Eagtac TX25C VN (Vinh Nguyen modification) which is a brilliant little thrower.Plus a "few" cells to suit always charged.

We train a new MMA system developed by our Sifu,he is a Second Degree Red Belt Master of Southern Praying Mantis.Incorporate a lot of the SPM striking,Jiu Jitsu,Kickboxing,Escrima and the usual Chinese weapons.All of which he has extensive training.He is a Sifu after all.Also do Tai Chi Yang style Sword and Fan forms.I am the senior instructor for the MMA,second to Sifu of course.

Haven't bought a light for a while,but I have M3XS UT,M2X UT,Kids have M23 each,and we have an I3S EOS each.Oh,I also have an S1.
And SRT7, a 3xD cell Maglite with Malkoff dropin, Sunwayman Titanium Dream limited edition,and Eagtac TX25C VN (Vinh Nguyen modification) which is a brilliant little thrower.Plus a "few" cells to suit always charged.

We train a new MMA system developed by our Sifu,he is a Second Degree Red Belt Master of Southern Praying Mantis.Incorporate a lot of the SPM striking,Jiu Jitsu,Kickboxing,Escrima and the usual Chinese weapons.All of which he has extensive training.He is a Sifu after all.Also do Tai Chi Yang style Sword and Fan forms.I am the senior instructor for the MMA,second to Sifu of course.
Nice collection.
Mine looks something like
  • Fenix - multiple that I'm contemplating selling/trading,
  • Nitecore - TM16
  • Solarforce - S1100,
  • Convoys galore
  • Led Lenser - 2 or 3 of them
  • Zebralight - H600w II
  • Energiser 3 colour head lamp
  • NSWGR Cityrail issued 3 colour torch (cheapest Chinese crap you could imagine available from Ali Express)
  • Olight - A3T
  • Lumintop - Worm (Bronze)
  • Fenox - L0D (Xmas box edition)
  • FourSevens - Preon P2 (Illumination Supply Nichia 219B 92cri edition)
  • L3 Illunmination - L10 (Nichia 219 4500k 92cri)
  • Ran on either NCR18650B or Japanese Eneloops
  • Nitecore or Jetbeam silicon grease to lube the threads
  • Nitecore chargers
I would love an Old Lumens, his earlier customs corrupted me away from Maglites.

I’ve only got my little Fenix LD12 but it’s opened me up to looking at all sorts of things I just don’t need

True, I haven’t gone down the rabbit hole of the random Li cells... yet.. perhaps we can make deals if u sell your Fenix ;)
I will keep you in mind :)

True, I haven’t gone down the rabbit hole of the random Li cells... yet.. perhaps we can make deals if u sell your Fenix ;)
Read up on cells,be careful of the "no name" styles,and buy lights. Also a good charger that can handle any size and type of cell....Nitecore Digicharger is mine.Check out liteshop.com
@borked nice collection.Not enough Olights though.

Read up on cells,be careful of the "no name" styles,and buy lights. Also a good charger that can handle any size and type of cell....Nitecore Digicharger is mine.Check out liteshop.com
TBH I love the convenience of being able to chuck a AA into my little Fenix. Granted it’s not performing as well as it would with a 14500 but I have been able to use it to give me sufficient light when changing an alternator at 2am on the side of a road so really in terms of functionality I can’t ask for more....I am in discussions about an S1 baton as I like the clip

TBH I love the convenience of being able to chuck a AA into my little Fenix. Granted it’s not performing as well as it would with a 14500 but I have been able to use it to give me sufficient light when changing an alternator at 2am on the side of a road so really in terms of functionality I can’t ask for more....I am in discussions about an S1 baton as I like the clip
So was I, until I first used a torch that's about the same size as a 2xAAA torch that put out the 7x the amount of light :)
Then I got my TM16, that put out more light than my headlights! :woot:

Good advise, is why I recommended the charger and cells that I did, the charger is reputable and the cells are quality Japanese made and protected.

I'm open to donations :p
Currently considering a BLF GT or an BLF OldLumens edition.

Magnet is handy too on S1,I have it in my car.I3S on keyring is tough as nails

Anyway,back to shaving posts....

Nice collection.
Mine looks something like
  • Fenix - multiple that I'm contemplating selling/trading,
  • Nitecore - TM16
  • Solarforce - S1100,
  • Convoys galore
  • Led Lenser - 2 or 3 of them
  • Zebralight - H600w II
  • Energiser 3 colour head lamp
  • NSWGR Cityrail issued 3 colour torch (cheapest Chinese crap you could imagine available from Ali Express)
  • Olight - A3T
  • Lumintop - Worm (Bronze)
  • Fenox - L0D (Xmas box edition)
  • FourSevens - Preon P2 (Illumination Supply Nichia 219B 92cri edition)
  • L3 Illunmination - L10 (Nichia 219 4500k 92cri)
  • Ran on either NCR18650B or Japanese Eneloops
  • Nitecore or Jetbeam silicon grease to lube the threads
  • Nitecore chargers
I would love an Old Lumens, his earlier customs corrupted me away from Maglites.
I don't know what any of these things are but why do you need so many torches? What do you guys do at night?:eek:

I don't know what any of these things are but why do you need so many torches? What do you guys do at night?:eek:
We live in rural area and use them often.Also for spotting wild dogs or seeing whatever dog is barking at.
Different size lights come in handy for using in car,around the house...even getting splinters out of feet or fingers.

The level of torch now is amazing, seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.