Mine looks something like
  • Fenix - multiple that I'm contemplating selling/trading,
  • Nitecore - TM16
  • Solarforce - S1100,
  • Convoys galore
  • Led Lenser - 2 or 3 of them
  • Zebralight - H600w II
  • Energiser 3 colour head lamp
  • NSWGR Cityrail issued 3 colour torch (cheapest Chinese crap you could imagine available from Ali Express)
  • Olight - A3T
  • Lumintop - Worm (Bronze)
  • Fenox - L0D (Xmas box edition)
  • FourSevens - Preon P2 (Illumination Supply Nichia 219B 92cri edition)
  • L3 Illunmination - L10 (Nichia 219 4500k 92cri)
  • Ran on either NCR18650B or Japanese Eneloops
  • Nitecore or Jetbeam silicon grease to lube the threads
  • Nitecore chargers
I would love an Old Lumens, his earlier customs corrupted me away from Maglites.

The led lenser I have is dead... and i am using something not so good, what not so expensive could you recommend me? I reckon Led lenser has good value, but maybe there are betters to explore...

I use them to chase mean, evil critters, like this one:

u81L5pU.jpg

Sometimes means to check by eyesight if they carry a small tag attached to their back before jumping on them and letting them take biopsies from my fingers, so that means visual contact may happen at distance of several meters during night :)

The led lenser I have is dead... and i am using something not so good, what not so expensive could you recommend me? I reckon Led lenser has good value, but maybe there are betters to explore...

u81L5pU.jpg

Sometimes means to check by eyesight if they carry a small tag attached to their back before jumping on them and letting them take biopsies from my fingers, so that means visual contact may happen at distance of several meters during night :)
Sweet Jesus that is an evil lookin bastard! Worse than those flying monkeys we ave here in OZ!
Not that you asked me but the next torch on my list is the olight baton S1R, predominantly because I hate all head lamps but with the clip on these you can clip it onto your cap easily and keep both hands free.

I'm yet to find any brand with the word 'fire' in it that I could recommend.
Convoy is about the best Chinese brand out there and make great torches.

u81L5pU.jpg

The Zebralight I've listed is probably a great oprion.
About $100aud, 1,000 lumens, warm white for better colour rendering at night time and can be taken out of the head holster.
I will.try and post links for it and one or two others later for you :)

@Monsta_AU are frags shaving related. Considering unisex fragrances have nothing to do with shaving. Where do I draw the line? Also an EDT is a smell not a product I splash all over my face?
Trying to put my focus elsewhere :jimlad:

would I still be in the sabbatical if I buy forum member gifts from the middle east? :D
I suspect not. The rule only mentions purchasing, not whether you're gifting or using and it could allow other sabbatical members to 'gift' each other items as a loophole.

@Monsta_AU are frags shaving related. Considering unisex fragrances have nothing to do with shaving. Where do I draw the line? Also an EDT is a smell not a product I splash all over my face?
Trying to put my focus elsewhere :jimlad:
Honestly, avoid the fragrances, you'll spend too much, which I assume is why people join sabbaticals ;). And no, you should definitely not splash an EDT over your face.
(No idea on the ruling, but 'gender' of the fragrance shouldn't matter, so if you see mens fragrances as being shave related, then all would be.)

I'm yet to find any brand with the word 'fire' in it that I could recommend.
Convoy is about the best Chinese brand out there and make great torches.

The Zebralight I've listed is probably a great oprion.
About $100aud, 1,000 lumens, warm white for better colour rendering at night time and can be taken out of the head holster.
I will.try and post links for it and one or two others later for you :)
I got gifted an olight s1 Baton and boy those lithium odd size cells put out some light huh

I got gifted an olight s1 Baton and boy those lithium odd size cells put out some light huh
Great little light,output is just a wide hotspot yet awesome how much it illuminates the surrounding area.Not exactly much throw but for 50 yard environ is fantastic.That magnet comes in handy at times as well.
I am a bit of an Olight fan.

Great little light,output is just a wide hotspot yet awesome how much it illuminates the surrounding area.Not exactly much throw but for 50 yard environ is fantastic.That magnet comes in handy at times as well.
I am a bit of an Olight fan.

I hate my olights, the nitecore equivalents destroy my olights in every way.. well except on specs on paper.
Although I have replaced my nitecore srt7 under warranty 3 times now, funnily enough noone else on any of the forums have had any issues with them.

I hate my olights, the nitecore equivalents destroy my olights in every way.. well except on specs on paper.
Although I have replaced my nitecore srt7 under warranty 3 times now, funnily enough noone else on any of the forums have had any issues with them.
Oh, I just ordered the Olight H2R head torch so hoping they're good.

Do we have a tally as to who is still in and who has faltered, 3 months (almost) into the year?

Nothing new and worth my while has come out in the last 18 months.

(By closing my eyes and not reading reviews)

I'm still in.

I received a few items for my birthday and anniversary and a few soap samples from @Mark1966 but have not purchased anything except to replenish my aftershave balm.

I still read the forums due to my interest but not having the urge to try every new soap that hits the market is actually nice!!

On the broader topic, this is exactly how we get caught up in materialism and consumerism. We buy, then we buy more, then some more and before we know it, we are on that vicious cycle!

I gave up that cycle a few years back and have enjoyed the simpler life. I think I'll be doing the same with shaving soaps (my weakness)...but I'll still keep the 100 I already have

welcome to the fail sabbatical pork chop club

Pleased to be here actually and the 15% off sale has me sold as to how great I feel to have the weight lifted from my shoulders!

Plus in late June I’m in New York so Pasteur’s will be literally around the corner from my hotel!

Freedom!!! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.