Official P&C 2018 Sabbatical (& Back to Basics) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happened to have pink electrical tape and have been drinking really bad wine.
Davs custom broken brush stand that you got for free when you bought an awful brush a decade ago repairs.

That awful brush wasn't a Comoy pure badger brush by any chance?

I got the same stand with that brush...threw the brush out after it not only have me badger burn but literally scratched my cheek!!

That awful brush wasn't a Comoy pure badger brush by any chance?

I got the same stand with that brush...threw the brush out after it not only have me badger burn but literally scratched my cheek!!
Hehe @nav1 knows what’s up

@Ferret619 seriously you aren't handy. :banghead:
Get a couple of command strips or other (bottom draw, kitchen). Get top part of brush holder. Find a convenient height tile in your friggin bathroom and stick the holder to the wall with the strips.
After month, and you don't like the position, peel strips out and reapply to adjacent wall.
Now go to the corner and shave without soap & a mirror for being a lazy arsed bitch, oh and have a :cry: too. Man up!
Your ferrets are tougher than you :mad:
How the hell do you get shit done son?

Get a couple of command strips or other (bottom draw, kitchen). Get top part of brush holder. Find a convenient height tile in your friggin bathroom and stick the holder to the wall with the strips.
After month, and you don't like the position, peel strips out and reapply to adjacent wall.
Now go to the corner and shave without soap & a mirror for being a lazy arsed bitch, oh and have a :cry: too. Man up!
This is the most disproportionatly angry response of all time lol :)

I was actually going to pin it but I think I loaned out my pin vise...

LOL... this reminds me of the Jack Nicholson scene in "A Few Good Men" where he completed loses his sh%t on the witness stand...:ROFLMAO:
"You want the truth" @RustyBlade ... you can't handle the truth

LOL... this reminds me of the Jack Nicholson scene in "A Few Good Men" where he completed loses his sh%t on the witness stand...:ROFLMAO:
"You want the truth" @RustyBlade ... you can't handle the truth

Yeah, I lost it. In my rage I forgot to add 'look over there, now here, it's a horse and I'm riding the firetruck out of here'
Sorry @Ferret619, I did lose my sh%t and I'll do it again if you can't fix your own gear. Dude you own a pin vise, which means there is a drill, soldering iron and bench vise to invent/fix. (y)
Jealous and you better get cracking and make something new! Tonight or I'll go 'the shining' someday soon :mad:

Last edited:
Yeah, I lost it. In my rage I forgot to add 'look over there, now here, it's a horse and I'm riding the firetruck out of here'
Sorry @Ferret619, I did lose my sh%t and I'll do it again if you can't fix your own gear. Dude you own a pin vise, which means there is a drill, soldering iron and bench vise to invent/fix. (y)
Jealous and you better get cracking and make something new! Tonight or I'll go 'the shining' someday soon :mad:
Hehe all good, honestly I was just having a bit of fun, it’s an easy fix but this thread has been a bit quite so I thought my broken stand may entertain some while a made a bit of a farce of it :)

Soo who’s buying g what come 2019?
I’m getting a feather professional for sure!
Selling mine is a huge regret

Soo who’s buying g what come 2019?
Meh, after 2.5 years of buying almost nothing, I don't feel the need to go back to the collecting, consumerist ways, and will just grab whatever needs replacing.
At least this period will have helped me know what gear I really like, and what I want to replace it.

It's been over a year since I finished my Stirling Glacial Obsidian soap, and I still haven't replaced that - so that will probably be up on the list after I've finished a few more soaps.

Meh, after 2.5 years of buying almost nothing, I don't feel the need to go back to the collecting, consumerist ways, and will just grab whatever needs replacing.
At least this period will have helped me know what gear I really like, and what I want to replace it.

It's been over a year since I finished my Stirling Glacial Obsidian soap, and I still haven't replaced that - so that will probably be up on the list after I've finished a few more soaps.
Yeah I hear that actually, I’m not really still looking to amass gear.

I do miss my feather kamisori badly however, it just works well for me, better than any of my DEs TBH

A hypothetical question for the mods. My wife and I have shared bank accounts and I know she likes to buy me nice presents, I am caring and want to save her the bother of going into a shop, surely I could just buy it myself as a present from her?

A hypothetical question for the mods. My wife and I have shared bank accounts and I know she likes to buy me nice presents, I am caring and want to save her the bother of going into a shop, surely I could just buy it myself as a present from her?
I don't see how a share bank account matters. It would be like using a gift card or credit, you are still doing a transaction.
Though I think if she did an online order for you as a gift, that could be safe.

My understanding of the sabbatical is no purchases for the year, so even if you find a loophole to the rules, it still goes against the spirit of the sabbatical.

Obviously a thoughtful and considerate husband, just saving her the hassle of choosing for you.
We'll played

You're not buying it for yourself, you're buying it for the wife who then plans to gift it..... whom so ever she gifts it to would be a very lucky individual being the recipient of such a useful and nice bit of gear :)

Well well well.... who has gone and fallen off the wagon then eh :D

It goes without saying AP Reserve does not disclose it's customers or their purchases however.

Last edited:
Wasn't me
TqktbuE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.