Official P&C 2018 Sabbatical (& Back to Basics) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RustyBlade I appreciate the comments and it seems like a great concept, however I only recently returned to traditional wet shaving so committing to the sabbatical is probably a step too far for now. I still need to work on my technique plus I have my eye on a few local artisans to try that were suggested to me when I joined the forum. Happy times ahead for me :) Happy shaves!

Don't do it, sabbaticals are a bloody stupid idea, the whole concept of denying yourself enjoyment from a past time you get pleasure from in order to gain a small coloured banner on a forum is just bonkers.

I will have a special forum only but unnofficial winter LE release for P&C members with tobacco absolute and whiskey as the central notes. I will not be holding any or saving any, they will all be sold at the time of release to forum members and the design will not be repeated.

Potential candidates, you have been fairly and reasonably warned :)
NIce caveat there mate.
Prevents sabbatical participants from pre-paying you for them.
Wonder how long before a member buys a gift card from you, thus technically negating the purchase rule, yet ensuring they get what they want during the year.
If I was silly enough to participate, I would be.

Don't do it, sabbaticals are a bloody stupid idea, the whole concept of denying yourself enjoyment from a past time you get pleasure from in order to gain a small coloured banner on a forum is just bonkers.
Yes they are but my purse strings are too loose at the moment and this is a public way of using social media to control my hobby/addiction.
I seriously have years worth of soaps, splashes and blades and have over 50+ razors (maybe 70+) but do I like them all equally, hence the sabbatical to force me to visit them (& revisit).

NIce caveat there mate.
Prevents sabbatical participants from pre-paying you for them.
Wonder how long before a member buys a gift card from you, thus technically negating the purchase rule, yet ensuring they get what they want during the year.
If I was silly enough to participate, I would be.

Smart man, but not necessary as I will be invoking the second rule to cover my arse.

@Monsta_AU not sure if this was mentioned previously.
  1. Have existing razors that I may get revamped/replated etc, all good?
  2. Trading an item with credit i.e. have my Darwin for your Blackbird but hold a credit on the lost which is traded later for soaps etc.

I too am actually starting to consider this sabbatical madness. o_O I'm pretty good for supplies and have a new brush on the way, probably the only thing holding me back is the Feather AS-D2 I was planning on buying at some point.

the only thing holding me back is the Feather AS-D2 I was planning on buying at some point
@Benjamin if you want to save more money than buying a Feather AS D2 razor, just get yourself a Gillette Ball Tech because they shave exactly the same as a Feather AS D2.

Also you can get another handle for it to make it a bit heavier for the Gillette Ball Tech just like the Feather AS D2 razor.

Yes they are but my purse strings are too loose at the moment and this is a public way of using social media to control my hobby/addiction.
I seriously have years worth of soaps, splashes and blades and have over 50+ razors (maybe 70+) but do I like them all equally, hence the sabbatical to force me to visit them (& revisit).

Smart man, but not necessary as I will be invoking the second rule to cover my arse.
Ahem :)

When all that APR, B&M And others goodness drops next year...

rVLNH2v.jpg

When all that APR, B&M And others goodness drops next year...

rVLNH2v.jpg

Is when I expect my trade service will be utilised.
A pity if it's for an item that is one per order only and is something I seek, as I'm looking after me first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.