Paste & Cut Travelling Box #4A - Reviews and Comments

Attention everyone especially Mr. @borked as most of you know i'm a current serving member of the royal Australian navy and as such I've been called up to go to sea next Monday for 9 days to assist a ship in defect repairs that can only be done at sea whilst the ship is underway.
so big fella i'm going to have to scrape out samples of everything i want to try and then pass the box onto you this coming weekend before i leave.

quite shitty about doing it this way but there;s a good chance it will extend out longer as it usually does and ill be out for 2+ weeks and as i dont want to hold this magnificent beauty up its going to have to leave me this weekend.

Attention everyone especially Mr. @borked as most of you know i'm a current serving member of the royal Australian navy and as such I've been called up to go to sea next Monday for 9 days to assist a ship in defect repairs that can only be done at sea whilst the ship is underway.
so big fella i'm going to have to scrape out samples of everything i want to try and then pass the box onto you this coming weekend before i leave.

quite shitty about doing it this way but there;s a good chance it will extend out longer as it usually does and ill be out for 2+ weeks and as i dont want to hold this magnificent beauty up its going to have to leave me this weekend.
@Mark1966

As @the_shaving_sailor is a member of good standing and a member of the defence force. Would it be too much trouble if he would have the remaining 2 weeks after he comes back from his duties.

What do you think good sir?

Hey @the_shaving_sailor (and thanks to @Rami for the heads up)

If you can flick it on to somebody else this weekend (?) then just slot back in when you come back. Appreciate you not wanting to sit on the box while you are at see and swapping around the order is no problem.

Hey @the_shaving_sailor (and thanks to @Rami for the heads up)

If you can flick it on to somebody else this weekend (?) then just slot back in when you come back. Appreciate you not wanting to sit on the box while you are at see and swapping around the order is no problem.

cheers mark yea it'll go to @borked this weekend then ill slot back at the bottom of the list of the sydney people if thats ok?

No problems by me. Though if @the_shaving_sailor takes some of it along with him he can post some reviews while on downtime or do those Canberra-class boats not have internet.

canberra-class? lol
and ill have internet so ill take some sample scrapes before i hand box over so i can continue to review

@the_shaving_sailor chose that 'class' of boat as is in the news for being under repairs though with half the fleet in repairs it is a guessing game. No need to share your boat [CLASS..] reasons
@borked don't mind if @the_shaving_sailor jumps backs in above me and delays the box but as long as @Sticky & @Ferret619 are good with that?
If then not palm the swabbie back to the bottom of the bilge well. :LOL:

I'm fine with whatever...

Ok so review no1 is of APR suitably dressed Australian.
Soap and AS used with Gillette fat handle tech and feather razor.
Lathered this soap up with the Platypus LE in my bowl and it was a very pleasant shave as you expect from any APR products.
Lather was rich and creamy giving me plenty of cushion and sleekness. Was ice cold in my bathroom today so lather dried out a tad quicker then usual.

Scent carried threw out the shave which I loved. This strong yet delicate scent is a lovely blend yet bold and manly. Highly recommend

The AS has been on for an hour already and still smells amazing.

@todras nailed it mate

Ok shave 3 of box A

I used Simpsons unscented cream
Paired with dr johns "bonny Ann" (bay with with tea)

Now the Simpsons cream is a lovely lather and it sprang up literally in three swirls in my smooth bowl with the platypus LE.....damn
It's still has a "soapy" scent to it but that's part n parcel with the process.
Excellent slickness
Lather holds a lot of water and hangs around all shave.

Now I didn't realise Dr. johns was bay rum with tea. And I have to say I absolutely love this scent. The tea is very refreshing on application and then after that you're left with a very well built bay rum.

I may or may not have the soap and after shave on it way from our good friends at TSW. Don't tell the wife.

Perfect shave love how it left me post shave.
creams a winner
AS was a standout

ok shave no4!!!

i paired B&M cologne rousse with stirlings "sharp dressed man" aftershave

ill start by quoting my wife after i had applied the aftershave: "you stink like an old man, its making me feel sick. what ever that is i hate it.

but i love it so you better get used to it love!

soap was just as good of a peformer as anyother B&M soap, very very good performance and i love the way it lathers.
the scent is "amaze-balls" i absolutely feel in love with this profile. this is why i love this box!!! the soap and AS and the EDT i must own asap!!
i can see this set easily being my daily driver along with the "Seville".

the aftershave i rate one of the best ive used for scent "sticking around-ness" ive had it on for close to three hours and i still can smell it on myself and im still getting compliments
this classic masculine scent is exactly what ive been searching for for a long time. takes me back to watching dad get ready to take mum out for a dinner him letting me pick his Cologne.
is a lovely scent and i cant recommend it enough.

Psst, the eagle has landed.
I repeat, the eagle has landed.
It's smaller than made out to be, a bit like the country that steals the bald eagle's namesake to represent itself.

Today's shave is in honour of our serving members, in particular one that's doing far more than he's giving away openly.
Just remember to use the right bloody oil this time mate ;)

Soap
This is what landed in my hands from the box.
The scent is something that reminds me of Imperial Leather and I suspect would be right up the beaten path for @Dale.Whiley
Mate, if you've not tried it thus far, give it a spin when you've the chance, I think you will enjoy it.https://www.phoenixandbeau.uk/products/spitfire-tallow-shaving-soap
I don't recall if there's

Other equipment realistically is irrelevant, yet there was a vintage Polsilver in there along with a Wolfwhiskers.

P&B Spitfire, good choice. First one I want to try.
So A/S, balm or Splash etc?
Didn't really require one, yet used one of mine. Czech Republic Pitralon.
If you like leather it's likely to be a hit for you mate :)