Paste & Cut Travelling Box #4A - Reviews and Comments

@the_shaving_sailor is getting all frothy with sea foam in excitement.
@Rami has pitched a tent next to his letter box to fend @the_shaving_sailor from the precious.
@borked is chilling
@RustyBlade is getting nervous with excitement but also worried he'll be overwhelmed as by the contents.
@Sticky keeps looking at his 'sticky' each morning with fondness.
@Ferret619 hopes to keep his ferrets out of the p&c box when it arrives.
Real talk that is a significant risk... the plug for this sink is still MIA... it's been months!!
The less said about the tooth marks in my natio face cream the better.

@the_shaving_sailor is getting all frothy with sea foam in excitement.
@Rami has pitched a tent next to his letter box to fend @the_shaving_sailor from the precious.
@borked is chilling
@RustyBlade is getting nervous with excitement but also worried he'll be overwhelmed as by the contents.
@Sticky keeps looking at his 'sticky' each morning with fondness.
@Ferret619 hopes to keep his ferrets out of the p&c box when it arrives.
I am fond of the Sticky.
And looking forward to the box.

As you are well aware the box had a outing at the meet today. Excellent.

As to my shave late last night.

I want to buy the razor. Nice and agressive dealt with a 4 day growth easily.
I sort of just need to be very light which I find easier to do. The blade was nice going to stick it in my normal razor to see how it goes, may finally move off feathers.

Tried the squadron soap. Nice lather, however had to go back for that last pass even though I thought I loaded properly. Doesn't detract from the shave but surprising.

The exfoliating soap was a nice preshave will try it again. Post shave I am getting spoiled by the apr and b&m that I have at home. Will need to try floid next

Had a bit of a rushed shave today. Apr soap is very good. Top tier for me. The ripala? Blades are nice. Will buy both.

Rapira blades I think - courtesy of The Stray Whisker!

@lerenau the R41 works better with a heavy handle for example the iKon Bulldog or the Weber Bulldog handle see below. using original handle such as the standard or the Grande doesn't have any extra weight.
Hey @SpeedyPC ,
Sorry to drag this post back up.
Where do you gents buy Weber handles from? I've only been able to find them from the US... And that makes it quite expensive.
In fact, I can't find local Ikon handles either (Beard&Blade are sold out).

Hey @SpeedyPC ,
Sorry to drag this post back up.
Where do you gents buy Weber handles from? I've only been able to find them from the US... And that makes it quite expensive.
In fact, I can't find local Ikon handles either (Beard&Blade are sold out).

G'day @lerenau there are three ways to buy Weber Razor handle for a reasonable price depends where you look FYI below

1. Weberrazor on eBay click here very pricey
2. Weber Razor direct site click here
3. Weber Razor special deal click here

OR you can get Maggard Razors handles click here

Last edited:
Well, was very very late. Needed a shave badly. So out come the Simpsons unscented cream. 2 with the grain passes and out I go in less than a minute. I still have a face. So will buy. Should have this for a travelling kit. Better than I expected

Soap: Tremonia meisner Maroccan Rassoul

Was a bit harder than the other soaps. A little more effort to press it into the bowel. Added a bit more water than I am used to and took a bit more time to get a lather. But ended up with excellent glide.

Contacted @the_shaving_sailor to move the box on.

Thanks @Mark1966 for the opportunity

What a cool idea. How long do I have to be a member B4 I can get on the list? ANd how long can I hang onto the box before sending it on?

What a cool idea. How long do I have to be a member B4 I can get on the list? ANd how long can I hang onto the box before sending it on?

Well done - you passed the first, and only, intelligence test to participate!

Full details and rules on the setup post here - Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 4

The fourth round of the PCTB morphed into two boxes. You can see the initial list of participants in each and subsequent reviews and comments in these threads -

Paste & Cut Travelling Box #4A - Reviews and Comments (currently on its way to the shaving sailor)

Paste & Cut Travelling Box #4B - Reviews and Comments (currently with TomG)

If you want to join send me a PM and let me know which list to add you to (initially).

By the time it gets to you if you are still posting and active we will be happy to include you!