Paste & Cut Travelling Box #4B - Reviews and Comments

Can you point me to the guidelines on this please? Wouldn't mind having a look...
@Mark1966 organised this travelling box. After I'm finished it's going back to Canberra and I think @Ferret619 wants a look. Mark1966 is best one to advise it's future. This box is well travelled and one or two items have run out so not sure.

24206063618_cd550c9d24_c.jpg

Soap: Dr Jon's Anne Bonny
Razor: Merkur 39C Slant
Blade: Permasharp (1)
Brush: Omega 48
Balm: APR AC Balm
AS: Was the long vial with rose pink liquid. Label's unreadable. Any ideas?
Picked up the travelling box today. So much stuff to try! Thanks @Mark1966 and P&C for the opportunity to try such a variety. Just so happened I hadn't shaved this morning so slipped in an evening shave which I never do but there's so much stuff to try.
There's no way I'm getting through all of this in a couple of weeks so I did a rough sort today and put aside items that I don't really like off first impressions. eg. Pekka Fresh Aquatic Scent
@lerenau , Oatmeal Stout would not of made it through this sort unless others like yourself were enthusiastic about Shaver Heaven products. I just don't like the scent of the Oatmeal Stout.
Unfortunately some of the labels are unreadable now so you guys may be able to help with identification.

First up was Dr Jon's Anne Bonny. I like the scent but not in love with it. As a take on Bay Rum to me it lacks some backbone. I don't go looking for vegan soaps and am not too sure what specifically attracts those that do but I was very happy with how this soap lathered and performed. Ticked all the boxes for me. I like the look of the ingredient list. Looked at Maggards blurb on Anne Bonny which claimed you would need no after balm as the soap is so moisturising. I've got dry skin so this did not hold true for me. Perfect opportunity to try APR Alfredus Choice Balm which left no greasy feel and seemed to moisturise the skin nicely. Finished up with the long vial of AS on which the label is now unreadable that contained rose pink fluid so someone may remember what it is. I won't remember it as it's nice but but not a stand out for me.
So interesting start, I would be happy to own any of these products I tried today but not motivated to rush out and buy them - unless I was a member of a shave forum that enabled product addiction in it's members.:)
Yeah, the missing/rubbed-off labels (fragrances) got me too. *sigh*. But, I guess when the box has been travelling for 6 months, something had to give.

I also took the liberty of cleaning/replacing some of the baggies. I think some of the balms/liquids had escaped slightly and the OCD in me can't let that go.

I hope you enjoy it!

24206063618_cd550c9d24_c.jpg

Soap: Dr Jon's Anne Bonny
Razor: Merkur 39C Slant
Blade: Permasharp (1)
Balm: APR AC Balm
AS: Was the long vial with rose pink liquid. Label's unreadable. Any ideas?
Picked up the travelling box today. So much stuff to try! Thanks @Mark1966 and P&C for the opportunity to try such a variety. Just so happened I hadn't shaved this morning so slipped in an evening shave which I never do but there's so much stuff to try.
There's no way I'm getting through all of this in a couple of weeks so I did a rough sort today and put aside items that I don't really like off first impressions. eg. Pekka Fresh Aquatic Scent
@lerenau , Oatmeal Stout would not of made it through this sort unless others like yourself were enthusiastic about Shaver Heaven products. I just don't like the scent of the Oatmeal Stout.
Unfortunately some of the labels are unreadable now so you guys may be able to help with identification.

First up was Dr Jon's Anne Bonny. I like the scent but not in love with it. As a take on Bay Rum to me it lacks some backbone. I don't go looking for vegan soaps and am not too sure what specifically attracts those that do but I was very happy with how this soap lathered and performed. Ticked all the boxes for me. I like the look of the ingredient list. Looked at Maggards blurb on Anne Bonny which claimed you would need no after balm as the soap is so moisturising. I've got dry skin so this did not hold true for me. Perfect opportunity to try APR Alfredus Choice Balm which left no greasy feel and seemed to moisturise the skin nicely. Finished up with the long vial of AS on which the label is now unreadable that contained rose pink fluid so someone may remember what it is. I won't remember it as it's nice but but not a stand out for me.
So interesting start, I would be happy to own any of these products I tried today but not motivated to rush out and buy them - unless I was a member of a shave forum that enabled product addiction in it's members.:)

If the label is unreadable see if the item has a handwritten number on it. I can match that to a master list and tell you what is it. I've done this a couple of times now, the labels never last!

When it’s back in CBR can I get in on this box too?

Sure :)

If the label is unreadable see if the item has a handwritten number on it. I can match that to a master list and tell you what is it. I've done this a couple of times now, the labels never last!

Sure :)
Thanks mark! I don’t know why I do this, my bathroom is cramped as it is :)

38020149576_d31f0edc11_c.jpg

Soap: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cigars
Razor: Merkur 30C
Blade: Feather
Balm: APR CS
AS: Myrsol Formula C
I found myself wanting to like this soap perhaps more than I did mainly due to the scent. Something old and comforting about it but generally I don't respond well to fragrances as opposed to essential oils and I'm assuming some of the scent is synthetic.
The problem with a one off trial you are only commenting on one method of lathering and I'm not sure whether I did this soap a disservice by adding to much water initially as it came up too foamy and the foam was on the dry side. It was fine to shave with and I had no complaints about performance.
My skin was dryer than usual this morning. Don't know whether it had anything to do with shaving last night or the products but I found the APR balm provided relief. Myrsol OK but not inspiring me.

38044458366_2a7e513c9a_c.jpg

Soap: Juha
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Bengall 6/8"
AS: Stirling Executive Man
This was a little like yesterday in that I wanted to like the soap more than I did. Lather looked like it was going to lather up fine then exploded into enough foamy lather to run a small car wash. Foam looked to be on the dry side but again when I got it on my face it lathered fine and settled into a more thick and creamy layer and performance seemed OK though wondering if it lacked some protection and slickness. Managed to nick my chin. Just wasn't that happy throughout shave but couldn't quite put my finger on why. The woody exotic scent is nice and reminds me a little of Razorock XXX which is maybe why I was biased against it though I didn't think of that association til writing this.
My face was sighing relief when I went back to Jojoba this morning. Stirling Executive - nice but not inspiring. Hard customer? Maybe.

26346339429_140b6a0bed_c.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Squadron Spitfire
Brush: Omega 21762 Boar
Razor: Puma 226
AS: Label Gone (No:12)?
Felt much more at home with a Squadron Soap this morning. Lathered up nicely, performed well, scent not overpowering, something I'd feel comfortable shaving with on a daily basis. Scent was sweeter than I expected but pleasant so I was happy to go back for multiple passes.
I tried No:12 AS and found myself wanting it to dry and tone down. Again OK, but I wouldn't buy it.
I've been using the Kiwi cutter/scoop to scoop out soap samples. Works well.

37461131834_62d73101d4_z.jpg

Soap: P&B Baskerville
Brush: Omega 21762
Razor: Tanifuji 6125 (@Snooze )
AS: Barrister Reserve Spice
'ello 'ello, what 'ave we 'ere. This is the first time I've come across a soap that lathers anything remotely like my Nettle n Neem. The Baskerville is almost a cream and when I pasted it across the bottom of my scuttle there was a sheen across the surface of the soap. Takes a little work to lather, initially producing a plasticy paste and you're wondering whether it's going to lather up then up comes a beautifully rich creamy lather that's just really nice to apply and shave with. Lost count of passes because I was just happy to go back and slap more on.
I was trying to find an ingredients list but Baskerville seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Which is a shame as I'd be happy to have it in my rotation.
The Barrister Reserve Spice is nice. A spicy cherry scent which I'll be keeping an eye out for.

'ello 'ello, what 'ave we 'ere. This is the first time I've come across a soap that lathers anything remotely like my Nettle n Neem. The Baskerville is almost a cream and when I pasted it across the bottom of my scuttle there was a sheen across the surface of the soap. Takes a little work to lather, initially producing a plasticy paste and you're wondering whether it's going to lather up then up comes a beautifully rich creamy lather that's just really nice to apply and shave with. Lost count of passes because I was just happy to go back and slap more on.
I was trying to find an ingredients list but Baskerville seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Which is a shame as I'd be happy to have it in my rotation.
The Barrister Reserve Spice is nice. A spicy cherry scent which I'll be keeping an eye out for.
B&M: Reserve Spice is my favourite everyday splash. I gifted it to my step-father after he commented on how much he liked it on me and asked "which shop" he could buy some from.
I miss it. But I like that it makes him happy.
... Now I just need to get him away from those nasty cartridges. :sneaky:

I have since bought B&M Reserve Classic soap+splash. It's good. But I still prefer Spice.
I also had a whiff of Reserve Cool in my current travelling box... I don't think it's for me.

"Nettle and Neem" sounds very interesting. What made you think of that?

The Tanifuji is a beautiful razor @Pbgoose !!
I also used the Reserve Spice today - pairs very well with @SchoolForAnts "Red Lead" soap.
Phoenix and Beau 'Baskerville" is also one of my favourite winter soaps - the label is fantastic too - goes well with the dark, tarry nature of the soap!

26346339429_140b6a0bed_c.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Squadron Spitfire
Brush: Omega 21762 Boar
Razor: Puma 226
AS: Label Gone (No:12)?
Felt much more at home with a Squadron Soap this morning. Lathered up nicely, performed well, scent not overpowering, something I'd feel comfortable shaving with on a daily basis. Scent was sweeter than I expected but pleasant so I was happy to go back for multiple passes.
I tried No:12 AS and found myself wanting it to dry and tone down. Again OK, but I wouldn't buy it.
I've been using the Kiwi cutter/scoop to scoop out soap samples. Works well.

AS # 12 should be - Dr Jon's Anne Bonny

B&M: Reserve Spice is my favourite everyday splash. I gifted it to my step-father after he commented on how much he liked it on me and asked "which shop" he could buy some from.
I miss it. But I like that it makes him happy.
... Now I just need to get him away from those nasty cartridges. :sneaky:

I have since bought B&M Reserve Classic soap+splash. It's good. But I still prefer Spice.
I also had a whiff of Reserve Cool in my current travelling box... I don't think it's for me.

"Nettle and Neem" sounds very interesting. What made you think of that?
I'm into herbs for their therapeutic value and had been mucking around with Neem (known for healing properties) for some time so thought why not make shave soap with it. Same with Nettle, it's anti inflammatory, so I thought it'd be a good partner and also maybe lend some colour. Here's a link to the post I did when I made it.
The neem is very strong so I'd back off on it next time. When I do another batch of this I'll make it more mainstream. The first batch is very alternative so probably very polarising. I gave some to my nephew and him and his Dad like it.

Is Con the only aussie reseller of B&M Reserve Spice? (He's out of stock ATM)