Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 2 - Reviews and Comments thread

If there is some interest I can add some aliquots of the Simpsons luxury cream - Peppermint and Rosemary (among other things).

There are 6 people listed after me. Will the box go around again once it ends the current tour?
I would like to try that :)

I waa last on the list and Shirley you wouldn't do that to me... would you ?

Are they the little blue snapchat pills that have been making the news in Darwin? If so (and this is a first for me) ;) a wink is as good as a nudge.

I have taken possession.

A rummage through and there's not a great deal here I'll try, and quite a few things I already have, so this will be in Jug's hands next week sometime, if he's at work.

I'm putting a tube of 444 Aftershave balm and mentioning it so people know how to try it. You can apply it SPARINGLY from the tube, or… add a bit of a squeeze to an aftershave of your choice, to add fair sized menthol hit.

If anyone would really like to try it, I'll add in some DR Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk.

I won't be trying the OC, so I'm assuming that's cleaned and ready to go.

I won't be trying the OC, so I'm assuming that's cleaned and ready to go.

Untouched by me too. Don't worry monsta, I'm sure there are others itching to try it - the razor just had the misfortune to reach me first, and then drubbing.

Sorry the box is so boring guys :( at least the Occams is new.

Ohh, I'll be trying the razor :)

Looking forward to trying the razor.
Would anyone like to try some Muhle Sandalwood AS Balm? I have a nearly full bottle that I won't use because I don't care for the scent.

Looking forward to trying the razor.
Would anyone like to try some Muhle Sandalwood AS Balm? I have a nearly full bottle that I won't use because I don't care for the scent.
That box is going to be so full of sandalwood by the time it reaches Sydney I reckon the sniffer dogs are going to die of sensory overload.

Sorry the box is so boring guys :( at least the Occams is new.

Ohh, I'll be trying the razor :)

No problem Mark - you've done plenty getting the box out as you have. I am sure most of those samples didn't come free, so we do appreciate it.
It's to be expected that those who have been around a while have tried most of the stuff they are interested in. It also gives us chance to add some things that we have found along the way for the new guys to try.

I'll be interested in seeing some reviews of the nanny's soap sandalwood puck I put in. I just don't seem to like sandalwood up here but think it should be a good soap.

I'm quite the Sandalwood fan, although TOBS and Trumpers is a tad strong. But that Nanny's was average. I lathered it up and didn't like it - weird smell. Good looking lather though, so maybe someone else will love it. There's plenty of it...

If anyone would really like to try it, I'll add in some DR Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk.
Count me as 'really very keen'. I shaved for the first time with the Arlington stick today (will post on SOTD). Love that scent…something about it reminds me of the legendary new car smell. At this rate I'm tracking towards buying the cologne.

I've put in the Arlington milk.

Not much for me to comment on, as I didn't try much. Wasn't keen on the Occam's original. Works fine, no issues there, just didn't care for the smell. The soaps are not bad, not drying, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they help or improve a shave. Any moisturising soap or face wash will do the same, but if you like Occam's cream, the soaps smell the same. The crushed lime isn't bad, but if they're going to put menthol in there, it needs to be more up front IMO.

I tried a blade. Derby's. Just to see if they were as shit as I remember. They were.

I've put in the Arlington milk.

I didn't try much. Wasn't keen on the Occam's original. didn't care for the smell. , but I wouldn't go as far as saying they help or improve a shave. Any moisturising soap or face wash will do the same, . but if they're going to put menthol in there, it needs to be more up front IMO.
Derby's. Just to see if they were as shit as I remember. They were.

So there we have it folks - the prized review we have been waiting for. Mr Drubbings positive approach to new and old shaving gear. Now the rest of us can hardly wait to get our hands on such a cornucopia of shaving delights :) :)

@Drubbing , you know what you like and so you know where you stand. That's a position I can understand and respect.
I can't wait to try that Arlington Shave MIlk - dibs on Drubs milk if that's possible. @Mark1966 ?