Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 2 - Reviews and Comments thread

To be fair, I've been playing this game over 5 years. The box is chock full of good stuff (even more so after I've added to it…), it's just that I've either tried it, or have never been a fan of certain things. Like Lavender. With the creams, I have a smell and if I don't like, I don't use. Pretty much anything will lather and shave well. So I dobbed the TH Trafalgar. It's a bit different.

Blades? Meh. I got 4 or 5 that work good, to great. Why shop for anything else?

Blades? Meh. I got 4 or 5 that work good, to great. Why shop for anything else?
Because in the pursuit of perfection, we will find excellence :)

The box has been delivered to me, thanks all. I will be going through it and trying to shave five times a day so I can sample everything and not delay the posting of the box to the next person.

Well we know that @JugV2 has the box and that some posties are hot and some are not - BUT IS ANYBODY TRYING ANY OF THE PRODUCT?

I sniffed, tasted and swabbed everything in the box and all I found interesting was the sample pot of Occams Lime, and two slices of soap.

I sniffed, tasted and swabbed everything in the box and all I found interesting was the sample pot of Occams Lime, and two slices of soap.

Tough audience!

We are all so old and jaded - goo thing that the Occams is such good stuff to make up for it. Don't forget to try the original too!

I used the Occams Lime yesterday with the Pureman razor.

I barely needed to wet the tips with cream and it lathered enough to shave a horse. The scent was quite dull but it was such a cushioning cream, most definitely up there with the best I have ever used.

The Pureman razor looked rough at first glance but the feature that stood out for me was the handle. Most razor handles get slippery when wet but this did not. I put in a Gillette Black 7 O'Clock and it was a nice standard shave. No danger, no nicks, very smooth.

I would use both cream and razor in my lineup no problems.

The Pureman razor looked rough at first glance but the feature that stood out for me was the handle. Most razor handles get slippery when wet but this did not. I put in a Gillette Black 7 O'Clock and it was a nice standard shave. No danger, no nicks, very smooth.
I kind of hope you 'get' that razor now. Grip is fantastic, as is the balance. The actual head seems to get a really close shave with no damage at all.

Yet it's not sold new ?

I kind of hope you 'get' that razor now. Grip is fantastic, as is the balance. The actual head seems to get a really close shave with no damage at all.
Grip and balance are fantastic. The head seems underweight; I would prefer a little more heft.
I had to shave using it this morning without time for prep and it performed very well.
I'd buy one brand new. That's saying a lot as the only brand new I have ever bought was the EJ86 that you picked out for me way back when I was starting out.

I believe they were not even produced, the one in the box is a very rare prototype sent to elected individuals for testing and feedback.
I believe you're correct, hence my leading question, knowing that it will be picked up by Pureman and encourage pushing it into production, even if albeit limited to a special run for us here :)

I don't think you need to. Just get a Merkur 15C and throw a longer, custom handle on it and you would be getting pretty close to what the razor is.

I am 99% sure it is a Merkur 15C/25C head..... just need one to compare it to, however based on photos I believe that is what it is. That said, I am pretty sure that the 15C/25C would have a different balance due to a different handle construction & base material.